Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

If rumours are to be believed.. Barcelona have him on lock-down already, and reportedly agreed to personal terms already. 

Favorite youth player in world-football. Such a baller. 

2 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

If rumours are to be believed.. Barcelona have him on lock-down already, and reportedly agreed to personal terms already. 

Favorite youth player in world-football. Such a baller. 

Im still not sure what is the fuss about him and Dybala tbh. 

Both are very promising players, but not THAT great yet. Both are hyped to be the next best players of the world. Eden at Lille for example was alot better IMO than those two. 

Dembele looked extremely raw every time I saw him. Great dribbling, but seems to lose the ball, make wrong pass, miss clean shot alot...Dybala being compared to Messi, you would expect him to dribble past few players or have killer shot or pass, but he is realy inconsistent. 

I would have Dybala here tho, he CAN become realy good player one day.

28 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Im still not sure what is the fuss about him and Dybala tbh. 

Both are very promising players, but not THAT great yet. Both are hyped to be the next best players of the world. Eden at Lille for example was alot better IMO than those two. 

Dembele looked extremely raw every time I saw him. Great dribbling, but seems to lose the ball, make wrong pass, miss clean shot alot...Dybala being compared to Messi, you would expect him to dribble past few players or have killer shot or pass, but he is realy inconsistent. 

I would have Dybala here tho, he CAN become realy good player one day.

I wish we'd get Aubameyang this year instead of Lukaku and only focus on a top class attacker next season like Dybala, Dembele, Mbappe etc.

20 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

19396622_10154907559313020_2214237924859407227_n.jpg19399610_10154907559973020_8247014709014842487_n.jpg19424048_10154907559308020_1363576543329003325_n.jpg

Fuck that sounds so gooooood! I hope it's true. We'd be PR-ing our way back to the very top as an elite club this way. Caballero, Bakayoko, Van Dijk, Sandro and Lukaku are my bets.. and maybe a shocker too? Exciting times ahead :D But I'm dreading waking up on July 2 like "fuck, I fell for it again".

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Fuck that sounds so gooooood! I hope it's true. We'd be PR-ing our way back to the very top as an elite club this way. Caballero, Bakayoko, Van Dijk, Sandro and Lukaku are my bets.. and maybe a shocker too? Exciting times ahead :D But I'm dreading waking up on July 2 like "fuck, I fell for it again".

Well july 1st is saturday, so I would bet if anything it will be on monday july 3rd but who knows...

I don't know much about how transfers can be financed or how common it is for sponsors to sponsor player transfers, but could it be that the frugal transfer windows these past few years have been (partly) due to Adidas's lack of interest in continuing promoting Chelsea? The sums being quoted would see us break the Torres record fee multiple times in one window, which is unheard of from us (One big buy yes, several? No). I looked into it and indeed all the players we are being heavily linked with for big money, are sponsored by Nike. Could it be that Nike are sponsoring those deals massively, would that comply with FFP and other transfer rules? After all, when we signed that Nike deal, it was said that their plan was to use us as their top football brand. Manchester United not long ago ditched Nike for Adidas and all of a sudden they started pulling those crazy deals out of their asses (Pogba sponsored by adidas). We on the other hand ditched Adidas, moved to Nike (like a swap between the two clubs) and by the looks of it are now creating a serious contender to United. It coincides with sponsor changes, perhaps Nike don't fancy the idea of an Adidas club holding the league in a financial stranglehold. City already have endless pits of Arabic money, plus we are way more marketable than City worldwide anyway, so it makes sense for them to help push us back up among the elites together with themselves.

That is, of course, if those rumours and quoted prices are true. Sponsors might have a bigger hand in clubs' transfer policies than we think, or at least than what I thought.

Will Hughes has joined Watford for reported fee around £4.5m, plus add-ons(Sky Sports). Finally this boy can play in PL, was a vital part of Darby team for years eventhough he is  so young. Would've probably joined PL team earlier if it wasn't his knee injury in 2015 and missed almost a year. I will try to keep an eye on him and his progress in PL, could become a really solid CM after few years.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

I don't know much about how transfers can be financed or how common it is for sponsors to sponsor player transfers, but could it be that the frugal transfer windows these past few years have been (partly) due to Adidas's lack of interest in continuing promoting Chelsea? The sums being quoted would see us break the Torres record fee multiple times in one window, which is unheard of from us (One big buy yes, several? No). I looked into it and indeed all the players we are being heavily linked with for big money, are sponsored by Nike. Could it be that Nike are sponsoring those deals massively, would that comply with FFP and other transfer rules? After all, when we signed that Nike deal, it was said that their plan was to use us as their top football brand. Manchester United not long ago ditched Nike for Adidas and all of a sudden they started pulling those crazy deals out of their asses (Pogba sponsored by adidas). We on the other hand ditched Adidas, moved to Nike (like a swap between the two clubs) and by the looks of it are now creating a serious contender to United. It coincides with sponsor changes, perhaps Nike don't fancy the idea of an Adidas club holding the league in a financial stranglehold. City already have endless pits of Arabic money, plus we are way more marketable than City worldwide anyway, so it makes sense for them to help push us back up among the elites together with themselves.

That is, of course, if those rumours and quoted prices are true. Sponsors might have a bigger hand in clubs' transfer policies than we think, or at least than what I thought.

Nike also has barca and Im pretty sure they are their main brand. But yeah Nike lost United, Juve, Arsenal in past few years, big clubs on market. 

They will surely try to elevate us in commercials. Regarding those, I think Nike is much much better here than adidas. I love nike commercials, never mind some of most popular players are supported by nike like CR, Ibra, Luiz, Neymar, Lewa,...they all had great campaigns, while I dont remember any special from adidas apart from Pogba and Messi. Even puma and Griezmann, Aguero, Reus have better marketing than adidas. 

Pretty sure nike is coming here from great experience back in the days of Michael Jordan and Brazil around 2000s. They set the new standards for how to commercialize football and sport in general.

But tbh I mainly expect Nike to make Chelsea campaing and to put Hazard as our poster boy, he has been kept hidden (he was playing for adidas supported club and national team, while on nike personal contract). Doubt they will give us money to buy anyone per se.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Sponsors certainly have an impact on the transfers but I think in this case it's just the club giving in to the demands of a title winning manager who wasn't backed up as much as he should have been, one that is forcing them to sign players in order to sign a new contract. It was probably in their plans to reward the manager with signings in his second season if he made top 4. There is also the accumulation of failures to sign targets in the past few years. The club probably doesn't want to see a repeat of the 2015/16 season.

We were linked to Sanchez and Mahrez before the season ended so I assume we want a new RW as well? Who would be a viable solution who is also an ungrade to Pedro? I was thinking about James but he is sponsored by Adidas.

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

We were linked to Sanchez and Mahrez before the season ended so I assume we want a new RW as well? Who would be a viable solution who is also an ungrade to Pedro? I was thinking about James but he is sponsored by Adidas.

Tbh I don't think James is an upgrade to Pedro pedro will work his arse off for the team James is lazy as fuck lol 

4 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Tbh I don't think James is an upgrade to Pedro pedro will work his arse off for the team James is lazy as fuck lol 

James is nowhere near as lazy as some say, that's if you don't think Hazard is lazy as well though. Also he is faster than our former player Mata who was our best player 2 seasons in the running. I don't think you can go wrong with buying James.

Where are all the RWB rumours? Makes me wonder if Conte actually wants to play 3-3-4 with Sandro and Pedro/Willian as wingers/wingbacks. Certainly he won't play Azpi as RWB, I mean it just wouldn't make sense considering how keen the club is to buy an attacking LWB like Sandro.

50 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Where are all the RWB rumours? Makes me wonder if Conte actually wants to play 3-3-4 with Sandro and Pedro/Willian as wingers/wingbacks. Certainly he won't play Azpi as RWB, I mean it just wouldn't make sense considering how keen the club is to buy an attacking LWB like Sandro.

I can't think of any RWB's that are of a similar standard to Alex Sandro that would be attainable with the exception of possibly Dani Alves which is a short term option.

I think Azpi could well play at RWB quite a bit, especially in the big away and european games, he would make us far more solid defensively than Moses.