test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Their owners have balls, very big balls. They want to be like Madrid, Barca and overtake United on the European stage. Looks like they will if they carry on like this.

And now Guardiola signs a new deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I remember two years ago people were arguing that it was too early to say that we didn't have a direction but they did. It is one of those things I still cant believe that we actually discussed.

Their direction was clear to see just by the calibre and style of players they were buying. 

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Jorginho and Mahrez to City:o

Just curious, do you have any factual proof on this? Another topic, you mentioned Martial and Rojo to Juve with Sandro to United. Asking since you say it like its done deal, while I check and its pretty much all rumours for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DDA said:

Their owners have balls, very big balls. They want to be like Madrid, Barca and overtake United on the European stage. Looks like they will if they carry on like this.

It will take them at least another 10 years to get even close to United in terms of size. United is one of the very few clubs that can still rival Barca and Real even after several shit seasons, they are still giant club in popularity.

That said, they will have to push for CL and with Pep I think they have a long way to go. They might dominate league, but in Europe they will get spanked again and again. I was proven right for two years now when I said it and I stand by it. Pep is one way manager and in europe you face such and such sides where you have to adapt. Not to mention CL is won by heart and bravery still. Pep and Barca was tiki taka yeah, but people forget how much desire and passion Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta had for the club. In Bayern, Pep changed whole philosophy and there was no results because he took everyrhing german out of that club. At City, he has bunch of quality players, but apart from Kompany and maybe Silva and Aguero, who is there that actualy cares for the club? Who is a diehard loyal player there? Real has Ramos, Modric,...they give 110% every game and motivate the squad. I just dont see current City squad to do the same, especialy not under Pep. The guy can absolutely destroy you in 8/10 games, but he cant adopt for those 2 and the opponent takes advantage which is enough. And no way can they actualy absolutely dominate europe. Barca was the closest to that and they werent perfect still. And they had loyal players who would die for that club, City doesnt have it.

Sure once eventualy they will win it, but them, or PSG are clubs who want to buy everything and money doesnt actualy win you trophies. We wouldnt be successful without Terry, Lamps and Didi because they had heart set on the club, not because we had world class players in every position. Compared to Real with Zidane, Ronaldo,...Milan with Kaka,..Barca with Ronnie and we could still easily fight them because we had that spirit. City doesnt have that. You cant buy it. We were extremely lucky that we had money but also right players who became life long fans of Chelsea. That is slowly dying off and we are becoming worse year after year.

City, Psg can spend 500m, until they actualy show passion on pitch they are worth fuck all. Sure they will roll over Crystal Palaces and Burnleys, but every quality team spanks them. It reminds me of Real when they bought Ronaldo and thought they can buy titles. It took them several years to grow as a club and now they actualy fight till last second to win the games.

And even then, its hard to fight on all fronts every year. Just because City is good and maybe will be better next year, they wont be improving every year. They will drop the form and thats always in football world. What goes around comes around. Eventualy teams on top change.

Regardless of that, I do fear about Chelsea. We are extremely shit on market for a while and we have to gear up. Not just buy more expensive, but look for Kante players, bit cheaper but very good.

Johnnyeye and DDA like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea are compiling a shortlist of potential signings, which includes Jean Michael Seri and Anthony Martial, to present to Antonio Conte's successor. (Daily Mail)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

It will take them at least another 10 years to get even close to United in terms of size. United is one of the very few clubs that can still rival Barca and Real even after several shit seasons, they are still giant club in popularity.

That said, they will have to push for CL and with Pep I think they have a long way to go. They might dominate league, but in Europe they will get spanked again and again. I was proven right for two years now when I said it and I stand by it. Pep is one way manager and in europe you face such and such sides where you have to adapt. Not to mention CL is won by heart and bravery still. Pep and Barca was tiki taka yeah, but people forget how much desire and passion Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta had for the club. In Bayern, Pep changed whole philosophy and there was no results because he took everyrhing german out of that club. At City, he has bunch of quality players, but apart from Kompany and maybe Silva and Aguero, who is there that actualy cares for the club? Who is a diehard loyal player there? Real has Ramos, Modric,...they give 110% every game and motivate the squad. I just dont see current City squad to do the same, especialy not under Pep. The guy can absolutely destroy you in 8/10 games, but he cant adopt for those 2 and the opponent takes advantage which is enough. And no way can they actualy absolutely dominate europe. Barca was the closest to that and they werent perfect still. And they had loyal players who would die for that club, City doesnt have it.

Sure once eventualy they will win it, but them, or PSG are clubs who want to buy everything and money doesnt actualy win you trophies. We wouldnt be successful without Terry, Lamps and Didi because they had heart set on the club, not because we had world class players in every position. Compared to Real with Zidane, Ronaldo,...Milan with Kaka,..Barca with Ronnie and we could still easily fight them because we had that spirit. City doesnt have that. You cant buy it. We were extremely lucky that we had money but also right players who became life long fans of Chelsea. That is slowly dying off and we are becoming worse year after year.

City, Psg can spend 500m, until they actualy show passion on pitch they are worth fuck all. Sure they will roll over Crystal Palaces and Burnleys, but every quality team spanks them. It reminds me of Real when they bought Ronaldo and thought they can buy titles. It took them several years to grow as a club and now they actualy fight till last second to win the games.

And even then, its hard to fight on all fronts every year. Just because City is good and maybe will be better next year, they wont be improving every year. They will drop the form and thats always in football world. What goes around comes around. Eventualy teams on top change.

Regardless of that, I do fear about Chelsea. We are extremely shit on market for a while and we have to gear up. Not just buy more expensive, but look for Kante players, bit cheaper but very good.

I couldn't agree more with what you have said. I really hope that what we agree on is correct. I just couldn't stomach City dominating Europe for a few years if any. A lot of fans say, 'i want City or Liverpool to win the CL because theu are an English team'. Myself, I never want an English team to win anything. Even then Charity Shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out  140m

Morata(50m)  Batshuayi(50m)  Drinkwater(25m)  Zappacosta(15m)  Cahill

 

IN 190m

Lewandowski(70m)  LeonBaily(70m)  Jorginho(50m) 

aaa.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are to believe everyone online Sarri will be our new manager. The transfer list should be short and sweet but just what he needs.

1. Jorginho - Does this even need to be explained?

2. Leon Bailey - Some will say he doesn't fit the style, i say he is immensely talented and a good purchase

3. Koulibaly - He is a Sarri Disciple and we have been chasing him the past 2 summers. Will be expensive but would assume he will push his way out.

4. Striker - If morata wants to ship out it would either be Lewa/Icardi(dream) or Higuain who is a Sarri favourite and Juve would want Morata.

5. Willian? - if ManU/Jose want him, I will happily swap for Martial. 

In a perfect world we pick up the 4 first choices, bring back RLC, sell off some deadwood like Drinkwater/Luiz and get this party started.

Trying to get Jorginho/KK from ADL is going to be close to impossible though. I would settle for just Jorginho, KK would have to cut a VERY unhappy figure and we would have to offer a VERY large sum for him to even start the conversation. 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I don't think we need KK we have Toni and he could be our KK - and Andreas doesn't have as much experience as Albiol but could be very good in a back 4 with Azplilicueta beside him at RB . Everything else I agree with above - seems as though they want Luiz - i'd same 15m and he's theirs, but they gotta send Jorginho over for 40m.

Just need the right outgoing sales deadwood asap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, akgw13 said:

If we are to believe everyone online Sarri will be our new manager. The transfer list should be short and sweet but just what he needs.

1. Jorginho - Does this even need to be explained?

2. Leon Bailey - Some will say he doesn't fit the style, i say he is immensely talented and a good purchase

3. Koulibaly - He is a Sarri Disciple and we have been chasing him the past 2 summers. Will be expensive but would assume he will push his way out.

4. Striker - If morata wants to ship out it would either be Lewa/Icardi(dream) or Higuain who is a Sarri favourite and Juve would want Morata.

5. Willian? - if ManU/Jose want him, I will happily swap for Martial. 

In a perfect world we pick up the 4 first choices, bring back RLC, sell off some deadwood like Drinkwater/Luiz and get this party started.

Trying to get Jorginho/KK from ADL is going to be close to impossible though. I would settle for just Jorginho, KK would have to cut a VERY unhappy figure and we would have to offer a VERY large sum for him to even start the conversation. 

1. Would love him. Our CM's seem packed for next season if so + i think it'll be him or Cesc to play i'm not sure both can play together game in game out

2. A LW is the position i think we need to improve the most. should be one of the highest priorities. Zaha would be another option 

3. Obviously wouldnt say no to him but more of a want than a need. Zouma and Rudi could fit that strong athletic CB build

4. If Morata leaves we need a top striker with Bats also pushing with his hopefully renewed confidence 

5. Happy for Willian to leave, i'm not too sure on martial myself 

 

Main change i'm hoping for is we ditch the 5 at the back and got more attacking. Id like something like:

Tbo

Dave Christensen Rudi emerson/New LB

Kante Jorginho

RLC

Bailey ST Hazard

 

akgw13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gadget said:

1. Would love him. Our CM's seem packed for next season if so + i think it'll be him or Cesc to play i'm not sure both can play together game in game out

2. A LW is the position i think we need to improve the most. should be one of the highest priorities. Zaha would be another option 

3. Obviously wouldnt say no to him but more of a want than a need. Zouma and Rudi could fit that strong athletic CB build

4. If Morata leaves we need a top striker with Bats also pushing with his hopefully renewed confidence 

5. Happy for Willian to leave, i'm not too sure on martial myself 

 

Main change i'm hoping for is we ditch the 5 at the back and got more attacking. Id like something like:

Tbo

Dave Christensen Rudi emerson/New LB

Kante Jorginho

RLC

Bailey ST Hazard

 

The way I view the CM roles next season depend alot on Jorginho/Seri. but in the midfield 3 Sarri likes a deep lying pacemaker, a B2B, and an Attacker with a goal threat.

Deep Lying: Jorginho/Cesc/Ampadu(to grow/learn)

B2B: Kante/Bakayoko(I think he will come good, a patterned system could make the game easier for him)

ATM: Seri(?)/RLC/Barkley. I viewed Seri as a deep lying but his long range shot and playmaking seems like he can play this role, Barkley is my dark horse for a 10 goal season in this position(EXTREMELY optimistic point, im aware) RLC would just be splendid here no matter what.

 

                              Jorginho

                  Kante              Seri/RLC

 

I agree with your point on KK, definite luxury but he is so great. Striker mentions I agree with as well.

gadget and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DDA said:

Fred to Man United!

 

not worried. Fred is a poor man's Kante with a bit more goals to him but thats it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

United and Mourinho busy early indeed. Fred looks done and they've apparently inquired about some other super expensive players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

United and Mourinho busy early indeed. Fred looks done and they've apparently inquired about some other super expensive players.

They will be the biggest spenders in summer that's for sure. But as long as they got Mou at the helm I doubt they will surpass City. Mou will never change and everyone knows that. Even if they would sign Neymar, Bale and Mbappe, he would still be pumping crosses to Fellaini in attack when he needs a goal and he would still surrender posession in every game against a side who can play football. Utd have invested hugely for years now and assembled a big big squad with at least 2 very good players for every position all of them in or approaching their best years yet they keep buying and buying instead of letting that squad settle. Mourinho needs this constant influx to keep the players on their toes and so he does not need to build tactics and formation around a team or actually develop some attacking tactics. All his magic is loading his box with players to keep it tight at the back and hope for the individual class of his star players to score a few goals up front. This time around because of his fetish for big strong players he failed to buy genuine class though. The 200m they spunked on Lukaku and Pogba could have been spent on real world class players in their positions. Fred might seem an anomaly here but he is likely not to be a game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.