Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

On 2017. 05. 31. at 1:29 PM, manpe said:

Do you think Pedro would accept being backup if that was the reason he left barcelona? Will Willian accept another season on the bench? If we sign somebody to their position then there is a chance both will leave, and we will need to sign and integrate at least two new players in addition to other more pressing issues.

Well, he is 30 years old. If we buy a world class RW, Pedro becomes a benchwarmer and he wants to leave then let it be.  Pedro is a good player but he is not the man of the future, if a great young player makes him want to leave then whatever.

On 5/31/2017 at 7:29 PM, manpe said:

Do you think Pedro would accept being backup if that was the reason he left barcelona? Will Willian accept another season on the bench? If we sign somebody to their position then there is a chance both will leave, and we will need to sign and integrate at least two new players in addition to other more pressing issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't see why Pedro or Willian has to leave if we sign a right sided attacker. Both can play on the left and do a decent job. With plenty of games coming up next season and taking potential injuries/suspensions into account, those players will get their fair share of game time. And both of them seem fairly settled and happy to play for this team and under Conte.

I know that this isn't the right thread to say what I have to say, but I have the feeling that Chelsea is not so strong in market anymore, there are more clubs with more power. Seems that the players don't want play in our club. It is the sensation that I have in the last few weeks. I don't know why, we won the league.

I mean, maybe I know. We have the competion of Guardiola and Mourinho and like it or not, they have more power and more level that Conte, unfortunately

I know that this isn't the right thread to say what I have to say, but I have the feeling that Chelsea is not so strong in market anymore, there are more clubs with more power. Seems that the players don't want play in our club. It is the sensation that I have in the last few weeks. I don't know why, we won the league.
I mean, maybe I know. We have the competion of Guardiola and Mourinho and like it or not, they have more power and more level that Conte, unfortunately

Roman's willingness to spent big has waived in recent years and you could say, who can blame him. Lost a big part of his fortune due to other matters, the team are winning and possibly his interest has dampened.

6 hours ago, Mário César said:

It is not because of Mou or Guardiola. IMO coaches does affect player decision but it all come down to the money. The two manchester clubs are by far the richest team in the league and it shows in term of their spending.

I don't care about alexis or lukaku. We are pretty settle in term of striker as long as Costa is staying. It is different if he is going to leave.

I hope Conte focus on midfield, we desperately need either a creator or a runner in midfield and better wing back. Other than those two position, I think we should be ok for next season

13 minutes ago, communicate said:

The two manchester clubs are by far the richest team in the league and it shows in term of their spending.

The quicker we move outta the bridge and build a new stadium we can compete with the Manchester clubs in the transfer market 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't care about alexis or lukaku. We are pretty settle in term of striker as long as Costa is staying. It is different if he is going to leave.

I hope Conte focus on midfield, we desperately need either a creator or a runner in midfield and better wing back. Other than those two position, I think we should be ok for next season

We are linked with Dani Alves today 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

The quicker we move outta the bridge and build a new stadium we can compete with the Manchester clubs in the transfer market 

Additional matchday income isn't going to close the gap. In any case, United are planning to increase the capacity of their stadium.

It's exactly right thread to say this. And yes, we're not but our approach is different. We still can spend truckload of money but we need to be wiser with this. We can't "Mangala" in the transfer market, you know. A high profile mistake, yet City spends even more on the next two centre-backs. I can't fault the club for not buying Griezmann for 100m€ or Pogba but there are really players that we can buy. We still at worst 6th in football food chain. I wonder what the problem is with negotiation process. Do you imagine we couldn't buy a player from Everton who put transfer request ? And why deal for Cuadrado was pretty much agreed in the first week of January yet it took a deadline day to announce it ? Or going back to 2015, how the hell in early July we "signed Baba" and proceeded the selling of Filipe Luis yet it took next 6 weeks to finish the deal, and we went into the season without left-back ? Or we needed a centre-back that year yet we couldn't sign anyone until deadline. Why did David Luiz and Marcos Alonso signed on the last day previous summer ? How's that possible we could go into season without a recognized left-back AGAIN ? Our transfer negotiations are baffling. Now there are rumours that Bakayoko deal is difficult because there are too many intermediaries, no doubt in my mind that we eventually sign him, but yeez, why City don't have the problem with that ? Bernardo Silva, guy from Benfica probably has multiple intermediaries since childhood as well as it's common practise in Portugal, but deal was concluded in a few days. Watch out for August signing of Bakayoko ...

The spending power is there but transfer negotiations are weird. We have a problem to close down any deal. I can't imagine how we are going to sign those 6 players minimum that we need. Backup GK, LWB, RWB, CB, CM, RW. Probably striker too if Michy/Diego leaves and maybe another midfielder if Matic/Fabregas leaves. But honestly we have so much money now I can't accept defeat in this transfer market.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Additional matchday income isn't going to close the gap. In any case, United are planning to increase the capacity of their stadium.

Selling stadium name rights will bring income aswell

1 hour ago, communicate said:

If Costa clears his mind he is probably the best striker in Premier league :) 

22 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Without a doubt but the problem is we never no which Costa is going too turn up the unplayable Costa or the whining diving idiot that loses his head 

2 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I don't think he is the best but I am not so sure Lukaku and alexis will be much an upgrade. I want a physical presence up top, not alexis. Lukaku is interesing but not sure he is much an upgrade over Costa. I think Lukaku will score more goals but don't think he will score goals when we are not playing well like Costa did a couple times this season.

7 hours ago, communicate said:

It is not because of Mou or Guardiola. IMO coaches does affect player decision but it all come down to the money. The two manchester clubs are by far the richest team in the league and it shows in term of their spending.

but we don't have a lot of money too?

Manchester don't spend more than us due to being richer. They spend more because they partition their funds differently. We spend the same amount - it's just we launder our money by spending 100m across 20 terrible youngsters, selling them all over time, and signing big names via their sales. 

This is definitely more stressful, time consuming, annoying, many negative things compared to the way the Mancs work, and, that's why we can't just pop out and get 4 stars. We can afford them, but our process takes so much longer.

Now, why do we do this, when the Mancs don't? I don't know. Maybe it is as simple as them having a few extra tens of millions, but that shouldn't be it, as Roman can create an additional 100m for himself and the club on a whim, which could be spent on whatever we like. It's just another of the many questions marks regarding how the club is run. Everyone else follows a blueprint; we make it up as we go along, changing policy entirely every 4 or so seasons. Which means we're only a season or 2 away before another Torres signing.

i think players are afraid to come to the bridge because of our ruthless but successive formula of "a season of poor form = 4yrs of your young career on loan to as many as 6 different teams in different countries. I feel like chelsea make too many enemies with this. Just imagine Salah playing against us then De Bruyne now Solanke and Cuadrado possible Bertrand traore, Baker, Tammy, Kenedy, Nathan not to forget Van Ginkel. Put yourselves in their place such a bright future you have and someone attempts to destroy it but doesnt work and you get to the chance to beat the hell out of those people, well i know for such if it were me, you gonna regret the day you met me.

Do we expect chelsea to be attractive to the likes of Mbappe, Dembele(celtic)(Dortmund), Morata, Tollisso, and any other long term solution? NO. All we gonna get is 29- 35 year olds probably worse than Juventus average age knowing very well, that would not get you anywhere in england with so many fixtures, might work in the Serie A but not the EPL.