Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

23 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

I must say I already expect a bit more so far. 

Most rumors are around City and they've already secured one great target. 

Same goes for AC Milan and their new owners. Already secured a target and seem to be favorites for Morata. Als after Kessie. 

I'm not sure if we will have a lackluster summer, but if so: Conte will walk and he should. 

Think u need to chill mate lol all city have done so far is brought in ANOTHER attacking player that they don't need let them buy as many as them as they like there defence is still shocking for now.... Lol 

Question to everybody: What do you think, do we need to buy any right-sided wide players if Pedro and Willian stay? Or do you think we still need to upgrade over them?

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't upgrade that position, Pedro was a menace the whole season and Willian was a more than capable backup. The front three really isn't our issue, except if Costa stays he needs a backup even if Michy doesn't leave, but the starters can stay the same for me if there aren't any perfect options available (City snatched one away already). It is more important to improve what is behind them - CM (Matic), WB (Moses) and CB (Cahill). I also wouldn't mind Alonso staying a regular for one more season, but he needs competition so purchasing WBs for both sides is crucial imo.

37 minutes ago, manpe said:

Question to everybody: What do you think, do we need to buy any right-sided wide players if Pedro and Willian stay? Or do you think we still need to upgrade over them?

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't upgrade that position, Pedro was a menace the whole season and Willian was a more than capable backup. The front three really isn't our issue, except if Costa stays he needs a backup even if Michy doesn't leave, but the starters can stay the same for me if there aren't any perfect options available (City snatched one away already). It is more important to improve what is behind them - CM (Matic), WB (Moses) and CB (Cahill). I also wouldn't mind Alonso staying a regular for one more season, but he needs competition so purchasing WBs for both sides is crucial imo.

It's a tough question.

I like Willian a lot but he is not a good fit in this system. In this 3-4-3, we need players like Pedro and Hazard who are pretty much strikers. Willian was great under Mourinho because in José's system wingers had to run and defense a lot. In Conte's team, we need wingers who score 15-20 goals a season.

Pedro is not a favourite of mine at all but he fits into this system very well. Fast, agressive, shoots from downtown, scores a lot. I think the best scenario would be buying a top class RW who starts and use Senor Rodriguez as a backup. On the other hand, I do not want to see Willian at Manchester United.

It's another position were an upgrade would be more welcomed, but only of Willian leaves. I can't​ see how have three players fighting for the same position would work.

It's a tough question.

I like Willian a lot but he is not a good fit in this system. In this 3-4-3, we need players like Pedro and Hazard who are pretty much strikers. Willian was great under Mourinho because in José's system wingers had to run and defense a lot. In Conte's team, we need wingers who score 15-20 goals a season.

Pedro is not a favourite of mine at all but he fits into this system very well. Fast, agressive, shoots from downtown, scores a lot. I think the best scenario would be buying a top class RW who starts and use Senor Rodriguez as a backup. On the other hand, I do not want to see Willian at Manchester United.

It's another position were an upgrade would be more welcomed, but only of Willian leaves. I can't​ see how have three players fighting for the same position would work.

Do you think Pedro would accept being backup if that was the reason he left barcelona? Will Willian accept another season on the bench? If we sign somebody to their position then there is a chance both will leave, and we will need to sign and integrate at least two new players in addition to other more pressing issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Do you think Pedro would accept being backup if that was the reason he left barcelona? Will Willian accept another season on the bench? If we sign somebody to their position then there is a chance both will leave, and we will need to sign and integrate at least two new players.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think Pedro could be ok with rotation (will probably play more as Conte seems to favour him), but I honestly expect Willian to leave and I wouldn't be disappointed with that outcome.

Just hope any player coming in is an obvious upgrade and not someone of the same level.

7 hours ago, manpe said:

We need CM and two wingbacks more. Pedro was realy good and I can see him doing alright for next season. I would be dissapointed if we got RW, but not CM.

Next summer, it would obviously be expected to replace him with someone younger and better. But we are good for now. 

Sure, idealy we would get someone new this summer, but I think thats impossible, since we might even need a new striker or even two. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

We need CM and two wingbacks more. Pedro was realy good and I can see him doing alright for next season. I would be dissapointed if we got RW, but not CM.

Next summer, it would obviously be expected to replace him with someone younger and better. But we are good for now. 

Sure, idealy we would get someone new this summer, but I think thats impossible, since we might even need a new striker or even two. 

Realistically the best way to improve our team most efficiently with our resources and competition from others is to get a CM that can pass and is mobile (holding unto the ball or dribbling under pressure) and can cover space defensively, then improve our wingbacks. When we used to dominate Europe, we had among the best midfield (Ballack, Lamps, Essien, Makelele) and wingback (Ashley cole) in Europe. We had the likes of anelka, kalou and malouda upfront and it didn't matter because of how dominant our midfield and defense was.

This way we drastically improve the whole middle of our 3-4-3 which will help with the spine of our team. 

We can hardly find improvements on Hazard and Costa, Pedro improvements that is available will be very expensive. But surely, surely a team of our status is capable of doing better than Matic, Moses and Alonso. These 3 players have not had one good game against a top team and that is why we'll struggle in the Champions League. 

Lukaku & Bakayoko are OK, but they'd turn us into the equivalent of what Roma was this season to Juventus. Just a whole tier below in focus, discipline, composure & consistency despite scoring goals (Dzeko murdered the league for Roma.) Ultimately, they lacked balance in mentality. Totti's new mentality, De Rossi's new mentality, the fringe players who're in and out the team, their distracted stars. Mentality is everything.

I don't like either player's composure level, & I specifically dislike that Lukaku seemingly thinks about the marketing & PR side of the game as much as the actual game. He's more excited to give interviews than to win games. He isn't fanatical and dedicated to football. He could still finish football and go on to become a doctor or judge. But those people are never top players. Only the obsessed, the players who can barely write in their own language or talk to girls, the ones who only know football, only talk football, only watch football - that's who you want in your football team. Not Lukaku, not Bats. They have too many interests. The greats of the game didn't diversify their interests so much, thus they excelled on the field, and had nothing to do but battle depression once they hung up their boots. (Or they become a manager/pundit/coach, because again, they got to where they are by being focused on playing football. Only football.)

But we live in different times now, and we can get the balance right. I'd rather live Lukaku's more diverse life than some ultra-dedicated football star, but if that ultra-dedicated player is happy being who they are, obviously that's the one I want in my team. These are the players who coaches think, while at a young level, won't make it - but surprise everyone with sheer determination, passion, and love for what they do. Those ingredients will make you a star no matter where you start.

I have to agree on above statements 😊 New winger would be a luxury signing in this transfer window. Our best talents are also attacking players so I wouldn't be dissappointed if we enter the new season with Hazard, Pedro, Willian and maybe Traore and Musonda for backup 😊

We have to focus to improve or fix things that are "broken" ... Central midfielder, wingbacks (right one primarily) and Cahill replacement if Christiansen can't deliever it. I can live with Pedro and Willian for one more season, at least they are hardworking and humble players 😊

12 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Think u need to chill mate lol all city have done so far is brought in ANOTHER attacking player that they don't need let them buy as many as them as they like there defence is still shocking for now.... Lol 

I think it's hard to chill after the past 2 shit windows.