Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

...We should have bought a ball playing CM last season. It's a must now we'll be coming up against better teams in the CL.

He might have walked the league in the end, but there's a lot of room for improvement regardless. I just don't see us ticking all the boxes during this window...

Agreed.

This is why it was so frustrating that we were unable to do any business in January. It was obvious that we needed a number of upgrades, and clear that recruiting enough quality players in a single, highly competitive, market would be near impossible.

How about we start playing some youth? Baker returns, Christensen returns, we also have Aina and Musonda. We don't need to keep spending big to make the team strong. Spurs haven't spent big and have come very close to winning the league the last two years, and their team is built on young English talent. The success of Barca, Utd, Bayern, Real Madrid during their great years was built on youth. We can also improve the squad by buying talent, but it's about time we used our youth. You can't tell me all of our young talent isn't good enough; they just need the chance. 

I think we need a new CM-RB-RW-LB in that order of importance. thats provided we dont sell anyone, if we do we may need to reinvest. Youngsters/loanees that could push into the mix for next season: Christensen, Baker, Musonda, chalobah and Possibly Tammy. Loans for RLC and  maybe Zouma 

If all of these signings happen City will have an unbelievable team. How on Earth they'll manage to keep all of those attacking players happy is puzzling. They'll have a top class player in every position on the pitch and about £100m+ worth of depth on the bench at any given time.

We better have some crazy good business lined up because the two Manchester clubs will be buying multiple world class players. Will we even be shopping in the same bracket? Or are we buying solid, but not top players? 

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If all of these signings happen City will have an unbelievable team. How on Earth they'll manage to keep all of those attacking players happy is puzzling. They'll have a top class player in every position on the pitch and about £100m+ worth of depth on the bench at any given time.

We better have some crazy good business lined up because the two Manchester clubs will be buying multiple world class players. Will we even be shopping in the same bracket? Or are we buying solid, but not top players? 

We always say this isnt FIFA but maybe...just maybe it is! aha IF and its a big IF city manage to pull that off, look out. Id pay to watch their starters play the backups :lol:

But ill stick with what I've been saying, Silly season is long and you don't get anything for "Winning" it. We have a plan Conte has worked on with the board and I trust in it.

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

We always say this isnt FIFA but maybe...just maybe it is! aha IF and its a big IF city manage to pull that off, look out. Id pay to watch their starters play the backups :lol:

But ill stick with what I've been saying, Silly season is long and you don't get anything for "Winning" it. We have a plan Conte has worked on with the board and I trust in it.

This is my thinking, too, and why I won't start panicking any time soon. Conte will obviously have a list of players he wants already in the hands of our board. The problem and concern is that many of the players we want are also top targets for our direct rivals who can offer more money.

It seems like City want their business done ASAP. Let's hope we do the same.

35 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is so depressing. Walker, Sanchez, Mendy and maybe even Bernardo Silva are all signings we could use, too. I am not anticipating that we will not be doing good business as well but I wish we would get shit done as early as City too. 

I do anticipate a bad summer for us. Either 2nd-tier players who'll never reach the top, or 'potential' players who aren't even in that 2nd-tier themselves yet. We'll go for the players who don't influence a game whatsoever, but on a personal level are potentially great, while City go for players who actually gel and help them get 6 goals a game.

United will have a summer somewhere in the middle. 

If the board were serious, announcements would already have been made. Better transfer links would have been established.
But, no, we chase great potential, not great performers.
The difference that'll give City the title next season.
Gabriel Jesus might be the only 'potential' player I remember them buying in the last 5 years; everyone else was clearly in their prime, or only just past it with heaps of experience. Some players were downright bad, but none were stalled, failed, unfulfilled or simply truly average youth potential. They don't have the same fetish of acquiring stones in hope one day society considers them gems.

tee-hee

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

I do anticipate a bad summer for us. Either 2nd-tier players who'll never reach the top, or 'potential' player who aren't even in that 2nd-tier themselves yet. We'll go for the players who don't influence a game whatsoever, but on a personal level are potentially great, while City go for players who actually gel and help them get 6 goals a game.

United will have a summer somewhere in the middle. 

If the board were serious, announcements would already have been made. Better transfer links would have been established.
But, no, we chase great potential, not great performers. The difference that'll give City the title next season. Gabriel Jesus might be the only 'potential' player I remember them buying in the last 5 years. 

Sterling and Stones were both "potentially" top players. 

On 30/05/2017 at 1:36 PM, Pizy said:

Sterling and Stones were both "potentially" top players. 

You're not wrong. I forget about Stones, he's that average, but I consider Sterling to have improved since they bought him, so at least some of his potential has been fulfilled.

Compare that to the 'potential' we savagely go for, then often just get rid of anyway - 

Rahman. Salah. Miazga. Papy. Bats. Van Ginkel. Zouma. Oscar. Traore. Kenedy. Alonso.

It's genuinely mad. No other team from Madrid to Barcelona to Bayern to City buy THIS much unfulfilled 'potential' for the first team, not without a proper loan plan ensuring literally every player ends up a top player. And, when you look at that list of players, you'd have a damn laugh if any other top club on earth acquired all of them. There'd be memes regarding their transfer policy. But it's so normal for us that hardly anyone realises except us that 25% of the players we sign actually play.

We've gone from a tight-knit family of achievers to adopting an extended family of 100 low-IQ cousins, and it's bizarre. 

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

You're not wrong. I forget about Stones, he's that average, but I consider Sterling to have improved since they bought him, so at least some of his potential has been fulfilled.

Compare that to the 'potential' we savagely go for, then often just get rid of anyway - 

Rahman. Salah. Miazga. Papy. Bats. Van Ginkel. Zouma. Oscar. Traore. Kenedy. Alonso.

It's genuinely mad. No other team from Madrid to Barcelona to Bayern to City buy THIS much unfulfilled 'potential' for the first team, not without a proper loan plan ensuring literally every player ends up a top player. And, when you look at that list of players, you'd have a damn laugh if any other top club on earth acquired all of them. There'd be memes regarding their youth policy. But it's so normal for us that hardly anyone realises except us that 25% of the players we sign actually play.

You're definitely right that we've got it horribly wrong often times over the past few years in the market. A few gems but also many busts. No coincidence that the players like Cesc, Costa, Kante etc that the managers have specifically asked for have worked out great and then the ones you've named there which were clearly board signings haven't really kicked a ball for us.

Like we've all said here recently, let us pray that they've learned their lesson and know they have to give Conte the players he wants. No cheaping out on average players. Conte showed that he'll leave a club if he feels he isn't getting what he deserves.

In the past 2 weeks, Griezmann has slandered Atletico (blamed them, not himself for bottling in finals, for 'not enough trophies'); he's handed in a transfer request; he's essentially rubbed his name right off of the hearts of Atleti fans.

His attitude always stunk of 'I want more - i want to dye my hair blonde, party more, start doing coke and hang around more beautiful women until my face becomes drawn and blotchy like Bale's. That's the good life, that's what being the best is.' He's genuinely reeked of that for years. The wannabe Ronaldo energy. 

Hilarious that he waits to see if United are in the Champions League next season, then pounces, as if they'll do any better than Atletico. Trading Madrid for Manchester's like trading a blowjob for a handjob - with sandpaper. So stupid, all to follow in the steps of Beckham. This guy's a fucking child in love with some romantic notion that he can become half the player someone he idolised was, as if it's not impossible since he'll be defined as his own man. Silly, silly child. Very glad when those with fraud hearts expose themselves.

Monaco to sign Douglas Costa.

This after us being interested, but disuaded by everyone saying he's shit. Then, he showed he's even as good as Ribery & Robben. That good. And he's available. 

There's even the disgustingly scary chance he'll sign for Tottenham in a last second U-turn. Like Willian, I'd sign him just to make sure he doesn't.

Griezmann, Douglas Costa, Mahrez already all pretty much snapped up, despite us just winning millions on top of the millions we already had on top of the 100m we've made selling players since we last purchased 1. Are we even in for a forward player? We're not, are we...Well apart from Lukaku, the saviour, #DrogbaMkII.

Am different to a lot on here i guess I think we will have a really good window last summer was a really good window imo kante Alonso imo two great signings we would not of won the league if kante wasn't here he's been remarkable all season bar the fa cup final and having a left footed player on the left hand side who's willing to run like a work horse has helped hazard to concentrate on his attacking play. I don't care what man city or man utd are doing they spent silly money this season and they will spend silly money again doesn't guarantee success I think fraudiola got found out last season big time 

I must say I already expect a bit more so far. 

Most rumors are around City and they've already secured one great target. 

Same goes for AC Milan and their new owners. Already secured a target and seem to be favorites for Morata. Als after Kessie. 

I'm not sure if we will have a lackluster summer, but if so: Conte will walk and he should.