Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

39 minutes ago, DYC. said:

City signing Walker and Fabinho would burn like hell, not gonna lie.

Please, please, please, hijack those transfers, Chels. Winning the league should hold weight, damnit.

Winning the league should hold weight but only if you're capable of using that. Let's wait and see after the FA Final what's going to happen. Just hope we won't get into another Bonucci, Koulibaly, Marquinhos, Verratti, Radja, Hector, Ricardo and James Rodriguez sagas without happy ending, like last summer.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Absolute madness.

As expected :) Apart from their attacking options City had a pretty average squad this year and they will be strong contenders next year for sure.

We have to make a statement with some quality signings this summer. We have one big advantage because are squad is pretty much complete and our bench is already strong (with all the loanees included). We just have to bring 3 or 4 major players that can improve our starting eleven, starting with quality CM :) 

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

Winning the league should hold weight but only if you're capable of using that. Let's wait and see after the FA Final what's going to happen. Just hope we won't get into another Bonucci, Koulibaly, Marquinhos, Verratti, Radja, Hector, Ricardo and James Rodriguez sagas without happy ending, like last summer.

I fear we might do that with van at Southampton. They don't want to sell and we will drag. 

I hate the idea of Bakayoko coming here. It reeks to me of the club trying to be smart in almost a witty manner. The guy's surrounded by players who're better, but Chelsea want the credit of taking the lesser jewel and having greater reward. We've always had this habit as a club, whereas Man City just go for the literal best instead. That's where we allowed them to become dominant; us chasing the likes of Oscar and Willian before they're the finished article, so we can take credit for getting players before they're big, but City go out and buy the likes of De Bruyne, Sane or Silva at the top of their game, once they've actually proven they're a top dog - something Bakayoko's yet to prove (Fabinho & co. have proven they are). 

Out of Monaco's wonder-bunch, if you left just Fabinho, or just Lemar, or just Silva in that team while all the others were sold, you'd still expect them to be top 2 in their league. But if the 1 lone survivor is Bakayoko, and all those other players leave, surely nobody can picture that boding well for them.

Shame is they wouldn't have shelled out so much on Tielemans unless they were certain a midfielder was moving on. So either Fabinho who a lot of us like joins a club which probably isn't us, boohoo, or we get Bakayoko according to the papers, boohoo again, IMO.

It'd be like Real Madrid choosing Willian over Hazard. Just because they've both given top performances in top games for a top team doesn't mean they're both top players. One has been carried more than a few times, whereas the other hasn't. This applies to Monaco.

What you just said is wrong on socmany levels, lol. 

If they had one of Lemar, Fabinho or Silva that doesn't meant they are getting top 2. Quite the opposite. They don't chip in with 30 goals and assists individuay, lol. 

Not to mention that Bakayoko is good, you've just watched him vs Juve and you're basing yourself of that. As of Silva, Lemar or Fabinho were good then? They weren't. But it's just because Bakayoko is tasked with carrying the ball forward and a missplaced pass led to a goal, he is automatically bad. Which he isn't. While the others stood, doing next to nothing. Nor these three, nor Falcao. Nor Germain, nor Sidibe. 

Not to mention he is already superior to Matic. And this is his breakout season. People really need to get a grip. 

@@Blue-in-me-Veins Modric at Chelsea would be a slap on the face of Levy and Tottenham because they refused to sell him to us a few years ago :D , Modric at 31 years old is world class, i would love to have Isco or Verratti at the Bridge, i just cant see Madrid selling Isco, we need to set things in motion regarding transfers, the longer we wait the harder it will be to get players. Cheers

33 minutes ago, samzilla said:

City are going HAM, jesus.

City always go HAM, didn't do nothing for them this season hopefully it won't next same with man utd yes they won the league cup and the Europa checkatrade trophy but in the league they have been shocking at times typical Jose negative football 

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

And they will have the same issue.

Nothing but creative and goal score but no balance in mid with CM and defenders. 

Sane or Sterling will lack first team football next year in their cruical years ...

Would be quite happy if Costa left - Although he has dragged us through quite a few games this season, I don't think he has the ball control needed to interact with Hazard and Pedro etc.

Ideally, I would like (1) another CM to partner Kante (2) a new right back to replace Moses (3) potentially a left sided centre back who could replace Terry and cover Alonso if required (4) a replacement for Willian (I think he will leave) and (5) a replacement for Costa.

I would like us to go after Rodriguez at Madrid - He doesn't get a lot of game time and therefore may be in a position to be bought.

I'm struggling to think of somebody to replace Costa - I would like Lukaku back (good strength, can finish and has decent pace).

I would love to see someone like Veratti in our midfield. Him being Italian, potentially that may be a possibility with Conte?

Not entirely sure about the left footed centre back.