Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

25 minutes ago, the wes said:

4 XI signings hopefully. 

Remember that Begovic will be gone in the summer and we need a new 2nd GK for that spot so that will leave Conte with 3 signings who are ment to be real reinforcements. Or a new second GK doesn't count and he still gets four but...

I wouldn't take those news messages too seriously as they're stating the obvious that Chelsea will presumably buy new players in the summer. And the club should if Antonio wins the League in his first season. They have a diamond in their hands and it's name is Conte, so give him whatever he wants so he can achieve more.

We simply cannot have the same window as two years ago under Mourinho with the Stones saga, but also not like last year with the Koulibaly saga. Luckily, it didn't have a big, bad impact but still. my view is that a team always need to re-select it's players in the summer when the season is over and we have to do that as well.

A summer and season like the 15/16 one? Never, ever, again. We're back where we belong and now it's time to grab the bull by it's horns and move forward and not sit back like two years ago. Look how English teams fail in the Champions League. Big teams like City and Arsenal. It's time to break that curse and give OP teams like Bayern and Juventus some competition.    

There are some good players that are going to be moving this summer but the competition is going to be really tough to sign them. Madrid/Barcelona will be ahead of us in the pecking order and the other English teams have a lot of money to spend. I'm excited to see what happens but I hope we don't make mistakes that'll hamper us going forward.

32 minutes ago, lucashm said:

I know its the mirror and the valuations are a joke, but still.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-plot-transfer-raid-monacos-10051354

Bernardo Silva and Mendy, not bad names to be linked with

That would be half of our summer done imo. Get 2 more XI players in and its a wrap.

What about defensive targets?

Our back three of Cahill-Luiz-Azpi has been brilliant. Especially Luiz in this sweeper role. Still has his moments but all with all he's been brilliant and he absolutely silence the critics who laughed at us for bringing him back on deadline day. 

I really don't expect the club to throw 50 million at players like Van Dijk or, again, Koulibaly. I doubt any of our current back three is going to leave the club in the summer. Azpi extended, Luiz still has 2 years left and Cahill is doing fine as well and is our captain AND the only English player in our (current) standard line-up. Then, we still have Zouma on the bench and Christensen's loan at BMG coming to an end which results in him joining our squad.

We do need wingbacks. Mendy/Sidibé from Monaco are the best targets IMO. 

I think the club is going for a second goalkeeper as Begovic is probably going to leave because he wants to play. Costa will probably be sold (which I think is a good thing) and Fabregas' future is also undecided I think.

So, probably wing-back(s), midfielder and attackers. Don't expect a 15/16 or a 16/17 summer. Club can't make the same mistake trice. 

5 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

What about defensive targets?

Our back three of Cahill-Luiz-Azpi has been brilliant. Especially Luiz in this sweeper role. Still has his moments but all with all he's been brilliant and he absolutely silence the critics who laughed at us for bringing him back on deadline day. 

I really don't expect the club to throw 50 million at players like Van Dijk or, again, Koulibaly. I doubt any of our current back three is going to leave the club in the summer. Azpi extended, Luiz still has 2 years left and Cahill is doing fine as well and is our captain AND the only English player in our (current) standard line-up. Then, we still have Zouma on the bench and Christensen's loan at BMG coming to an end which results in him joining our squad

:clap::clap::clap:

This summer coming up is probably going to shape our club for the next 5 seasons.

We definitely need 4 or 5 and that includes Cahill. And I cant see that Ake,Christensen would help us in Europe.

It will show us the kind of players Conte wants. And altho I do think has earned that right to pick or at least veto new signings it also worries me some that he didn't want to lose Oscar,Bane or Rami.

So lets hope the players we want are free and that they also dont put up obstacles about coming to us!

My perfect window would look something like:

In:
-Bernardo Silva (the RW position has been mediocre for way too long, and the club has been short of this type of player for a long time).

- Bakayoko/Kessie (Physically strong and dynamic CM that can do for us what Wanyama does for Spurs)

- Nelson Semedo (More attack-minded RWB)

- Christensen (free, good passer)

- Begovic replacement

The rest depends on who leaves. If Costa would go to China, then someone like Belotti/Mbappe or another one should be looked at. I think Kolesinac and Dahoud should be strongly considered as well, with them being out of contract and all. Personally, I think RW, RWB and CM should be our priorities this summer. The money should be there.