Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

6 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Telegraph linking us with Sidibe and Lemar for the WB positions. Think we Will end up with Sidibe personally.

Lemar isn't a wingback but a leftmidfielder. But so was Moses...

Prefer Bernardo Silva as RW.

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Lemar isn't a wingback but a leftmidfielder. But so was Moses...

Prefer Bernardo Silva as RW.

Well definitely, Silva is my number one target. But on the Telegraph article he mentioned Lemar as an option for the LWB not RW. 

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chances-isco-moving-premier-league-high-marca/

There's a small market opening up for offensive positions offering quality we need. Players like Isco, James, Griezmann, Alexis Sanchez, Bernardo Silva, Lemar, Bernardeschi, Berardi are on the move probably with the right offer. If Chelsea somehow end up with Candreva, Perisic or Calhanoglu... Would be taking the piss clearly.

But we tried to sign Biabany FFS.

3 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Christensen will probably be only player chelsea will bring into the squad next season I think the rest will be loaned out again I hope RLC gets loaned  out next season he needs playtime to try and impress conte next season 

I get the feeling that Chelsea will buy two specific players this summer window if the right people can be bought: a left-sided CM -and- a better playmaking LWB with speed.

It seems that most of our CMs prefer being on the right, except Matic and maybe Fabregas, who, it would seem doesn't care either way. So, we need more pace in both the LWB and the LCM --badly, going into another season with more competitions on the horizon (CL, PL, etc.)

Otherwise, we need another goalscorer up top pretty badly and if Diego goes somewhere, then it's TWO we need up top.

Don't know about CB as we're surely going to use Christensen because it's clear that he's ready and we need to not piss around with him and his potential. IMO, we will be looking for a CB in addition to Christensen returning because we need more height and power instead of Dave playing CB all the time. Hard to say what will happen with Zouma, but Christensen is a better choice for a starter IMHO.

So, to summarize: 1 LWB, 1 LCM (both with more pace and playmaking ability), 1, maybe 2 attackers up top, and one CB in addition to Christensen returning.  That's 4 or 5 players, depending upon Diego, but 4 definitely.

Is this a concensus here, or do we have disagreements?

**edit: additionally, it looks to me that RLC is a loan candidate for next season and I don't imagine Ake gets a top spot among next season's CB cadre. Chalobah likely to remain a decent backup to Kante, right side CM. No clue on Musonda and Kenedy.

On 3/3/2017 at 5:31 AM, quickpassnmove said:

I get the feeling that Chelsea will buy two specific players this summer window if the right people can be bought: a left-sided CM -and- a better playmaking LWB with speed.

It seems that most of our CMs prefer being on the right, except Matic and maybe Fabregas, who, it would seem doesn't care either way. So, we need more pace in both the LWB and the LCM --badly, going into another season with more competitions on the horizon (CL, PL, etc.)

Otherwise, we need another goalscorer up top pretty badly and if Diego goes somewhere, then it's TWO we need up top.

Don't know about CB as we're surely going to use Christensen because it's clear that he's ready and we need to not piss around with him and his potential. IMO, we will be looking for a CB in addition to Christensen returning because we need more height and power instead of Dave playing CB all the time. Hard to say what will happen with Zouma, but Christensen is a better choice for a starter IMHO.

So, to summarize: 1 LWB, 1 LCM (both with more pace and playmaking ability), 1, maybe 2 attackers up top, and one CB in addition to Christensen returning.  That's 4 or 5 players, depending upon Diego, but 4 definitely.

Is this a concensus here, or do we have disagreements?

**edit: additionally, it looks to me that RLC is a loan candidate for next season and I don't imagine Ake gets a top spot among next season's CB cadre. Chalobah likely to remain a decent backup to Kante, right side CM. No clue on Musonda and Kenedy.

i hope Musonda stays because we will need a perfect backup for hazard next season with all the fixture like EFL, FA CUP,..... He also plays on that side of an attacking trio.

I was a bit surprised when he wasnt in the team for FA cup game against Wolves. He can help release the pressure and the numerous knocks hazard gets. We need to avoid injuries next season.

On 25/02/2017 at 6:47 PM, the wes said:

U can  see a bit of  Drogba in him 

I think thats just the back seam of his shorts  mate ;)

It wouldn't suprize me if we tried for him with what N'golo said about enjoy working with him. But whoever we do end up getting he needs to be a regular scorer and be a choice of Conte to have his trust. Letrs hope Bats gets sold early on and we dont lose owt on him.

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Letrs hope Bats gets sold early on and we dont lose owt on him.

He will probably be loaned out in the summer if so I hope it's a PL club so he can adapt to life in PL

16 minutes ago, the wes said:

He will probably be loaned out in the summer if so I hope it's a PL club so he can adapt to life in PL

THINK hes gome mate. Looking at it from his point of view I'd want to be somewhere who want me and need me to play. But then saying that Conte has brought back more players off loan than I can think of. I can see Christensen coming off loan but whether as a instant starter I'm not sure. Conte will have to gamble and wait to see how the first weeks in preseason goes or hes looking now for a LCB. One choice he needs to make.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

THINK hes gome mate. 

If we sell him in the summer we not get are full money we paid for him if we loan him out and he has a good season we get are full money back on him 

It was a bit silly going for him in the first place, we play with 1 up top and shelling out that amount on him was silly, we would of been better with a Llorente type player in reserve rather than a 30M bench warmer.

I like the lad, but it was the wrong club at the wrong time, he needs to be playing regular, he won't get that here.

35 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It was a bit silly going for him in the first place, we play with 1 up top and shelling out that amount on him was silly, we would of been better with a Llorente type player in reserve rather than a 30M bench warmer.

I like the lad, but it was the wrong club at the wrong time, he needs to be playing regular, he won't get that here.

But whats stopping us from buying the best back up that we can buy?

Whats stopping us from using the 2nd striker at some time in the near future in a 3 5 2?

Way I see it we either buy the best out n out striker we can buy who would be happy to push,fight whatever for number 1 spot or we buy the best RW we can and give them the freedom and let the front 3 swap places and roam around where they want similar to Eden now. I'm pretty sure we all had the thought of us going 352 when Bats signed up. It just never turned out that way.

And tho I really like him as a guy I couldn't tell you much more about him player wise as when we bought him as we just haven't seen enough of the lad to make a gudgement.

Conte obviously has.

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But whats stopping us from buying the best back up that we can buy?

Whats stopping us from using the 2nd striker at some time in the near future in a 3 5 2?

Way I see it we either buy the best out n out striker we can buy who would be happy to push,fight whatever for number 1 spot or we buy the best RW we can and give them the freedom and let the front 3 swap places and roam around where they want similar to Eden now. I'm pretty sure we all had the thought of us going 352 when Bats signed up. It just never turned out that way.

And tho I really like him as a guy I couldn't tell you much more about him player wise as when we bought him as we just haven't seen enough of the lad to make a gudgement.

Conte obviously has.

Nothing is stopping us because as you can see we bought an expensive back up and he's hardly kicked a ball. He's hardly kicked a ball because we play with one striker up top and that man is the hottest striker around right now.

For what it's worth having a 30M man on the bench you may as well have a 10M option in his place.

Aubameyang is the one we need: world class, plays as striker and rw, fast as it gets and wants to leave Borussia. No good striker would come to be bench warmer, so if we want a great striker, he needs to be a RW too and i can only see Aubameyang, Griezmann and Dybala fitting this profile, with only Auba being attainable.