The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Howard just doesn't fit their system. And im not sure how another player who shoots too much and doesn't play enough defense (Harden) will propel them to a title. Melo should go to Chicago. Houston is a bad choice.

Never really talked about them actually getting the title or how he'd fit into McHale's system, was just saying that I can imagine Houston really trying to go for Melo.

I agree with you that the Bulls are probably his best destination, but whether they can get him and challenge for rings really depends on whether he'll believe that D. Rose will come back healthy and show that he can still ball at MVP levels. Plus the TT factor... Melo and Noah would actually be a pretty nice front court though if they went small and played him at PF.

Never really talked about them actually getting the title or how he'd fit into McHale's system, was just saying that I can imagine Houston really trying to go for Melo.

I agree with you that the Bulls is probably his best destination, but whether they can challenge for rings really depends on whether he'll believe that D. Rose comes back healthy and shows that he can still ball at MVP levels. Plus the TT factor... Melo and Noah would actually be a pretty nice front court though if they went small and played him at PF.

I doubt they can win a title with them. But i do think they'll go for him. Possibly even Clippers could. It's a long shot. Chicago were rumored to let Thibs go to Minnesota for Love, which I'd prefer. As I'm a Bulls fan. Love/Noah is a way better frontcourt anyways. Very dynamic. If Rose can stay healthy they could win the title. With the right coach. I think Melo will join D12 though.

I doubt they can win a title with them. But i do think they'll go for him. Possibly even Clippers could. It's a long shot. Chicago were rumored to let Thibs go to Minnesota for Love, which I'd prefer. As I'm a Bulls fan. Love/Noah is a way better frontcourt anyways. Very dynamic. If Rose can stay healthy they could win the title. With the right coach. I think Melo will join D12 though.

ROSE SUCKS.

Rose peak already occurred. Its all downhill from now.

This coverage of LBJ on ESPN is just so frickin annoying. LBJ will re-sign with the Heat, not that big a deal. Unless D-Wade or Bosh (one or both) opt-in, there is no reason to believe he is gone. Superstars can't play for 3 teams in the space of 6 years, no way. He is the greatest payer, people come to you, you dont go looking for the best situation unless its back in Cleveland. Its Cleveland or Miami, no need for all the drama.

This coverage of LBJ on ESPN is just so frickin annoying. LBJ will re-sign with the Heat, not that big a deal. Unless D-Wade or Bosh (one or both) opt-in, there is no reason to believe he is gone. Superstars can't play for 3 teams in the space of 6 years, no way. He is the greatest payer, people come to you, you dont go looking for the best situation unless its back in Cleveland. Its Cleveland or Miami, no need for all the drama.

Just can't see him playing for Dan Gilbert after that letter and rightly so.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-best-player-since-jordan-3da47f9ca3e1

Timmy :worship:

Just can't see him playing for Dan Gilbert after that letter and rightly so.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-best-player-since-jordan-3da47f9ca3e1

Timmy :worship:

Word, i wouldnt go there either, all three players should opt out, sign new deals for lesser money so Pat Riley can have enough flexibility to sign a better supporting cast.

That's what should happen anyway. These decisions will reveal if the big three are "all for one, and one for all" or if they're gonna let personal agendas get in the way. But i doubt that will happen.

Word, i wouldnt go there either, all three players should opt out, sign new deals for lesser money so Pat Riley can have enough flexibility to sign a better supporting cast.

That's what should happen anyway. These decisions will reveal if the big three are "all for one, and one for all" or if they're gonna let personal agendas get in the way. But i doubt that will happen.

I'm sure that's what's going to happen. Pat Riley is known to take care of his guys so Wade, Bosh etc will get good long-term offers, even beyond their basketball days.

Tough break for Embiid by the way. They say he'd been carrying the injury for a while? His workout video was great, you'd never suspect he had an injury.

The same was said when Lebron was supposedly resigning with Cavs.....

Lebron sees Dwade's decline and Pat Riley will not cut Wade, probably give him a good contract. Lebron knows that their are other players that fit better with him and can carry the load, rather than Lebron carry the team for 82 games while Dwade plays injured half the season. Many different situations where Lebron would be in a better situation now and for the next few seasons.

Lebron at Clippers would be interesting.

Would be interesting but won't happen (unless Rivers agrees to let go of Blake Griffin)

As for the Heat, if they want to win another title, they should let Chalmers walk and find someone better at point guard

I'm sure that's what's going to happen. Pat Riley is known to take care of his guys so Wade, Bosh etc will get good long-term offers, even beyond their basketball days.

Tough break for Embiid by the way. They say he'd been carrying the injury for a while? His workout video was great, you'd never suspect he had an injury.

Embiid case is interesting, big man who tends to get injured a lot (He had stress fracture on his back if I am not wrong) is a very risky pick.

i hear Embiid going to drop a lot tonight..

maybe even to the lakers at 7. There are numerous reports about health deficiencies he is hiding or potential carrying. I expect Cavs to pick Parker and parker to fail in the nba with the cavs..

I wouldnt touch Embiid with a ten foot pole...nope. The NBA is built around PGs and Athletic Guards/Forwards...The first two picks better be Wiggins and Parker. But i feel so bad for who even goes to Milwaukee,,such a lost cause of a team, and the new owners cant even move them away to a new city...wow.

I wouldnt touch Embiid with a ten foot pole...nope. The NBA is built around PGs and Athletic Guards/Forwards...The first two picks better be Wiggins and Parker. But i feel so bad for who even goes to Milwaukee,,such a lost cause of a team, and the new owners cant even move them away to a new city...wow.

I heard players do not want to go to cleveland either.