The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Yes sir! Hard time being a Raptors fan right now, or any Toronto based team.

Yeah, I go for the Rapts too, do you go to many games?

Give it a couple of years and we should hopefully be a good team.

We have Jonas Valanciunas joining us next season and with the way we're going to this season, hopefully we get a good draft pick.

If also DeRozan can get some consistency he can no doubt be a really good player. Hopefully we can keep Bargnani fit, his a offensive beast and his also getting better on boards and on D.

I think James Johnson is improving too, Amire Johnson is underrated and Barbosa and Klezia are good off the bench players for us, we just need a better younger Point Guard, don't see Bayless as being a future good point guard.

So if we can get a really good Point Guard in the next draft, you've got James Johnson, DeRozan at the 2 and 3 spot, Bargnani PF, and Jonas as Center, we could be pretty decent in the coming years, along with Ed Davis who still has a lot of potential and some pretty decent bench players in Barbosa and Klezia and not to forget that we have a good coach in Dwane Casey, there's some hope in the direction we're going.

Yeah, I go for the Rapts too, do you go to many games?

Give it a couple of years and we should hopefully be a good team.

We have Jonas Valanciunas joining us next season and with the way we're going to this season, hopefully we get a good draft pick.

If also DeRozan can get some consistency he can no doubt be a really good player. Hopefully we can keep Bargnani fit, his a offensive beast and his also getting better on boards and on D.

I think James Johnson is improving too, Amire Johnson is underrated and Barbosa and Klezia are good off the bench players for us, we just need a better younger Point Guard, don't see Bayless as being a future good point guard.

So if we can get a really good Point Guard in the next draft, you've got James Johnson, DeRozan at the 2 and 3 spot, Bargnani PF, and Jonas as Center, we could be pretty decent in the coming years, along with Ed Davis who still has a lot of potential and some pretty decent bench players in Barbosa and Klezia and not to forget that we have a good coach in Dwane Casey, there's some hope in the direction we're going.

Cheers mate! I love the diversity of Raptor fans.

I used to go to a lot of games when we had Carter in his prime, but most recently been to a Bulls game this season.

I really hope Jonas will be the real deal, our luck in the drafts has never been good and ever since Bosh left, we are dying of an all star player to step in.

I agree with you on Bayless, we need a solid PG and SF as well. James Johnson is a decent player but his only upsides are probably defense. We need to start rebuilding because Toronto is a decent market and I think we should be able to attract big name players like Melo and Dwight. Just give it some time.

Nope....Howard, just wanted attention..lol......He just had a press conference that he is staying in Orlando for another season...

On the Lakers side of things, Derek Fisher got traded and we got Ramon Session, wow....Even though its a good trade, i like Ramon but i secretly wanted Rondo....But its still a shock the D. Fish got traded....Damn....Miss you already man, you gave us your best years and i will love and cherish you forever for that...He was traded to the Rockets, so he is still close to me.....

Nope....Howard, just wanted attention..lol......He just had a press conference that he is staying in Orlando for another season...

On the Lakers side of things, Derek Fisher got traded and we got Ramon Session, wow....Even though its a good trade, i like Ramon but i secretly wanted Rondo....But its still a shock the D. Fish got traded....Damn....Miss you already man, you gave us your best years and i will love and cherish you forever for that...He was traded to the Rockets, so he is still close to me.....

Houston bought out Fisher and Fisher supposedly wants to win his 6th ring somewhere. I appreciate everything that Fisher did for the Lakers but the Triangle was perfect for a slow, can't get into the lane, can't create his own shot, doesn't really provide assists, older PG. Some team will pick him up for his leadership but it won't necessarily be for his PG skills which have eroded.

Lakers stunk up the joint last night and Kobe, love him, was the absolute worst Laker out there. How often do you say that? As even Kobe said "I shot like sh@t". Sessions - watching a point guard drive down the lane, watching him go to a different speed, didn't realize a Lakers PG could play like that.

Houston bought out Fisher and Fisher supposedly wants to win his 6th ring somewhere. I appreciate everything that Fisher did for the Lakers but the Triangle was perfect for a slow, can't get into the lane, can't create his own shot, doesn't really provide assists, older PG. Some team will pick him up for his leadership but it won't necessarily be for his PG skills which have eroded.

Lakers stunk up the joint last night and Kobe, love him, was the absolute worst Laker out there. How often do you say that? As even Kobe said "I shot like sh@t". Sessions - watching a point guard drive down the lane, watching him go to a different speed, didn't realize a Lakers PG could play like that.

You made some really good points....I am only sad that i am gonna miss seeing Fisher in the purple and gold and nothing more.....We needed a younger PG that can make things happen and Fisher is way past it....

Haha, i know man....It is really painful to watch sometime :angry: .....You seem to have forgotten game 7 against the Celtics 2010, Kobes was bad that day too....No matter how good you are, there are days you just cant get it going...And it frustrates the hell out of me when that is happening to Kobe, because unlike anybody else....Kobe wont stop taking the shots even if they are not going in :rant: ....

• 1 month later...