The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

I fear Cavs might run out of gas. Only playing 6 deep really and they'll have to maintain this intensity throughout the series to even stand a chance.

I'm not sure about that. The King is grinding everything to death now on offense (he stopped a couple of breakaway chances last night) which helps the rest of the team to save energy for the defensive end. If LeBron doesn't run out of gas completely then the rest of the team definitely won't.

Also, we're up for a miracle game from JR at some point I hope.

It should've been 2-0 actually, if it weren't for that ridiculous travel call on Mozgov on game 1. But lol, Curry was nowhere near his strength today, Delly shut him out easy. To think, this Cavaliers team is without Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Varejao and just managed to win a game on the road. Then again, Delly wouldn't have got many minutes if Kyrie was fit.

If GSW don't start playing some proper D they're not gonna even come close to that title.

it wasn't a bad defence from dubs that kept them away from the victory. it was that they coulndt make shots that they usually make. they missed 27 three pointers. only curry was 2-15. he can't play this bad again imo.

i still think dubs will win it all. mainly because cavs players will run out of steam by the end of the series.

it wasn't a bad defence from dubs that kept them away from the victory. it was that they coulndt make shots that they usually make. they missed 27 three pointers. only curry was 2-15. he can't play this bad again imo.

i still think dubs will win it all. mainly because cavs players will run out of steam by the end of the series.

If they played anywhere near proper defense on LBJ they wouldn't need to worry about sinking those shots. A LOT of the points James scored were relatively very easy for him.

If they played anywhere near proper defense on LBJ they wouldn't need to worry about sinking those shots. A LOT of the points James scored were relatively very easy for him.

he scored 39 from 35 shots. i think gsw is happy with that.

he scored 39 from 35 shots. i think gsw is happy with that.

:blink::blink::blink:

So he scored 4 more shots than he even attempted? I know he's the King, but that's extraordinary even by his standards! :lol:

EDIT: Oh, you mean 39 points from 35 shots?! That makes a whole lot more sense... :lol:

No way curry shoots this poorly in the rest of the series. Anyone who doesn't think (4-19) was a one off shooting game by curry is naive, GSW dragged cavaliers to extra time with their best shooter shooting worse than bogut. That shooting level won't happen again tbh.

Cavaliers have every chance to win if Jr smith and mozgov keep scoring with LeBron James.

I just love watching James play. People have been questioning his leadership since, yeah, always, but the way he orchestrates his team which at this point is basically just a bunch of dudes is simply awesome. I can see guys like Delly or Thompson oozing with confidence when LeBron simply cheers them on.

I just love watching James play. People have been questioning his leadership since, yeah, always, but the way he orchestrates his team which at this point is basically just a bunch of dudes is simply awesome. I can see guys like Delly or Thompson oozing with confidence when LeBron simply cheers them on.

Have people ever been questioning his leadership? He's been questioned as a clutch shot maker sometimes but he's always been rated as a great leader. I mean he has 4 MVPs. I'd say he's one of the greatest leaders ever in NBA history.

Who knows? They play 3 matches in the next 7 days. One bad week from Curry and GSW could get in trouble.

Curry surely won't be as bad as game 2 though. That doesn't mean cavaliers can't win, they are better rebounding and LeBron James can take 35-40 shots to score 30+ points knowing someone will rebound the ball for him if he misses. If JrSmith is on his shooting game and mozgov delivers from the paint, then we could see cavaliers winning.

Have people ever been questioning his leadership? He's been questioned as a clutch shot maker sometimes but he's always been rated as a great leader. I mean he has 4 MVPs. I'd say he's one of the greatest leaders ever in NBA history.

I'd think so. When LeBron joined Miami lots of people were saying that he couldn't lead a team to a title hence he joined Wade. And even during their stint together in Cleveland some people were claiming that Shaq was the alpha dog.