Lucas Moura

JoulJoul

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, Lucas is a Fine young player, Although I think the price is a bit too Steep, 30 Million Euros (25 Million pounds) is the max I would bid for him. If they want more than that, than forget him, Sneijder is available for only 25 Million

And Sneijder will demand wages >= Torres and Terry (180k).

I've heard of Moura and I know he is held in high regard. He's an immense talent, but the only thing I question is the fact he has not played top European football. The £30m price I've seen quoted is a lot, so that is really what makes me hesitant. But hell, it's not my money.

It also said Lucas isn't interested :doh:

But to know whether he is interested or not by what we offer to him, we must talk to him first. And to talk to him, we must have his club's permission. And to have this permission, we have to make a bid... In the case we have given up with the illegal approaches lol.

If he genuinely has the talent that experts are saying, then we shouldn't hesitate to splash those £30m. We have already miss out on Aguero, Pato and Neymar...

well we need to start taking risk's like these sooner rather than later.

Exactly. If he does make it, we will have made a very good bet, if he doesn't cut it we would have at least try. I'd rather one of these two cases, than to see him set the world alight at Barcelona and then say "fuck, we could have signed him...".

Exactly. If he does make it, we will have made a very good bet, if he doesn't cut it we would have at least try. I'd rather one of these two cases, than to see him set the world alight at Barcelona and then say "fuck, we could have signed him...".

Bang on. Already missed Neymar (but their were possibly external factors) and in the modern day, unfortunately talents are well inflated. Especially one like Lucas who is regarded as one of the big,big future of Brazil.

[quote

name=Peace.' timestamp='1325681136' post='330716]

Exactly. If he does make it, we will have made a very good bet, if he

doesn't cut it we would have at least try. I'd rather one of these two

cases, than to see him set the world alight at Barcelona and then say

"fuck, we could have signed him...".

While I appreciate that view, there's also a case as to whether this would blind us of discovering hidden gems in Brazil. For example, we captured Piazon and he wasn't exactly cheap. But if he does not work out, there is a good resale value.

Paying sums like 40m for players like Lucas is not always the best risk to ake because of the resale potential.

The likes of Pastore and co emerged with clubs taking a gamble on an unknown potential gem. That's where we must take risks.

While I appreciate that view, there's also a case as to whether this would blind us of discovering hidden gems in Brazil. For example, we captured Piazon and he wasn't exactly cheap. But if he does not work out, there is a good resale value.

Paying sums like 40m for players like Lucas is not always the best risk to ake because of the resale potential.

The likes of Pastore and co emerged with clubs taking a gamble on an unknown potential gem. That's where we must take risks.

I know exactly what your saying. It's how the legends were made. I agree with you in general, but in cases such as these i.e. Neymar, Hazard, Lucas - we're faced with players whom are already being coveted by the elite and marketed equally as vigorously. Players like these can pop up from nowhere but in the inflated market we face nowadays, the sheer quality and consistency of these gems are beginning to take toll on the price. The difficulty is finding them before they become known - we nearly did it with Alacantra, but when he was given an opportunity in the U21, and in essence became a proven talent, the price and chance of sale lapsed. I think AVB has a good eye and is looking at the right places, but an occasional gamble - with a possibility of such a magnitude is difficult to refuse. I mean with Lucas we already have a marketing gem that we could defiantly exploit beyond his abilities on the pitch.

@ LDN : yeah, I at some point agree with you. I too would rather us to find some unknow gems. But the problem is that we absolutely don't give youth a chance, hence we could find 10 unknow Messi, they still wouldn't play - so it will be useless. If we go for Lucas/Neymar, they would have a big chance to be a big part of our team right after we buy them, because they have already played a lot of games, and just as with Torres, the coach will feel the obligation to play them because we have spent big money on them, therefore they'll have a chance.

I love how killamanjaro refuses to address RZA by his new username :lol:

i c wut u did thar/

But back to reality. It's easy to see why he wouldn't want to come. Brazil to England is a massive jump for a 19 year old.

Sao Paulo: Yes, we will sell.

Lucas: Not yet.

Chelsea: Fuck this, we will just buy Kaka.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You