Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LDN Blue

FA Youth Cup 2011/12

Started by LDN Blue,

208 posts in this topic

Affane, Nditi, Swift, Feruz and Ake really impressed me tonight. Typical reliability from Kane/Chalobah as well. Piazon looked out of position to be frank, but it wasn't a particularly flowing performance so it was difficult for him to show what he can do.

Feruz needs to work on his shooting, a bit more power and he can be very effective.

More power? He's got the power, just needs to work on the placement. He could have had 2 tonight.

I was anticipating Ruben Loftus-Cheek starting, anyone know why he wasn't playing?

They said in commentary he was injured. Hopefully we'll see him in the next round.

A few quick points on the game last night. It was a tough game and an a different prospect to the type of games that the U18's are used to, very physical and tight. This group could gel together well and go all the way this year.

Nathan Ake was the suprise package for me, brilliant defending all night, competent and confident. John Swift excellent with the ball at his feet and able to make things happen, took his goal very well, calm and confident. Amin Affane has developed so well, some brilliant skill out on the wing, a type of Mata winger in the making there. Islam Feruz is somthing of a beast, some ridiculous touches of skill and a very determined player, works very hard. Can understand the comparisons with Rooney.

Wasn't totall clicking last night for them but it is a supberb team of players, playing against a team with more about them i think the upped pace of the game will suit them. With Loftus-cheek back for the next game hopefully Piazon will be more confident out wide, drifted in and out of this game too much.

LDN Blue likes this

Our centre back pairing of Aké & Chalboah really impressed me. We heard about Aké when he transferred, think we understand why Feynoord were quite annoyed about losing him.

Feruz is a good centre forward. Even his original club's despair is understandable. His strength is there, his positioning is good. A bit more placement & power and he could've had 2-3 goals last night, but it's encouraging signs. I see why they refer to him at the Scottish Wayne Rooney, though he's not that similar to him :lol:

Lewis Baker & Affane also impressed me. Encouraging signs.

Our centre back pairing of Aké & Chalboah really impressed me. We heard about Aké when he transferred, think we understand why Feynoord were quite annoyed about losing him.

Feruz is a good centre forward. Even his original club's despair is understandable. His strength is there, his positioning is good. A bit more placement & power and he could've had 2-3 goals last night, but it's encouraging signs. I see why they refer to him at the Scottish Wayne Rooney, though he's not that similar to him :lol:

Lewis Baker & Affane also impressed me. Encouraging signs.

Lewis Baker didn't get hold the game enough for me as he should playing in the 6 role. The midfield on the whole was a bit overwhelmed.

I like this team a lot, some great players especially as a lot of them are first years and schoolboys. Hope they can grow into this cup run as a team because they can be deadly.