Lazar Markovic

termninja

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why?

Because we own half of him. It's right there on the previous page! :P

EDIT: Actually it's not on the last page, but I could have sworn that I read it here somewhere. Anyway:

As far as I understand, Benfica own half and us the other half.

Im still questioning why we bought Salah. Its not because he wouldbt be good enough, but more because we have Thorgan, Atsu who could fill that gap or we could buy Markovic who was half ours anyway and is bigger prospect.

About Markovic, I think he will be very good for liverpool in future. He is special talent, fast and hard working. Brendan knows how to work with youngsters (Danny, coutinho, Sterling), Im sure Markovic will be another one who will succeed in this system.

25m is too much for him right now, but his potential is worth it.

I dont know much about Can, but I heard he was great in Bayer, Lovren is also quality CB. Lallana is overpriced and definately not what Lpool needs atm. They need LB more than another AM right now, if they signed Markovic and Lovren ofcourse.

I think their team will be good next year; Sturridge is still there and he will score goals. Sterling will improve and they will cover some areas in depth aswell as starters like Lovren.

But Suarez is added quality. Before match, opponent shits themselves if they know who they play against. Manager also marks Suarez with more men. This gives more space for rest of lpool players etc. New signing wont have that effect and thats why Lpool wont be in title race. But I still think they will be quality team. Top 5. Suarez is world class and they havent signed such player as replacement.

But Suarez is added quality. Before match, opponent shits themselves if they know who they play against. Manager also marks Suarez with more men. This gives more space for rest of lpool players etc. New signing wont have that effect and thats why Lpool wont be in title race. But I still think they will be quality team. Top 5. Suarez is world class and they havent signed such player as replacement.

c'mon who could they buy to replace him? it's not that star players want to play for them, even Sanchez prefers Arsenal

We have the option to buy Benfica's 50% share; Markovic's agent owns the other 50% I believe. So we don't actually own him at all and I assume this means we get nothing out of his transfer to Liverpool.

EDIT: Actually it's not on the last page, but I could have sworn that I read it here somewhere. Anyway:

The other half owned by Pini Zahavi.

We have the option to buy Benfica's 50% share; Markovic's agent owns the other 50% I believe. So we don't actually own him at all and I assume this means we get nothing out of his transfer to Liverpool.

The other half owned by Pini Zahavi.

Well, I stand corrected. Thanks.

I'm slightly disappointed that this guy is going to Liverpool as he has the potential to be a world-class player in 3-4 years, especially under Rodgers. I know we don't "need" him desperately, but last season we were looking to start with 6 players in those attacking midfield roles. I guess the signing of Salah negates any potential deal. Still won't mind a Di Maria though. But Pogba and Luis first.

I'm slightly disappointed that this guy is going to Liverpool as he has the potential to be a world-class player in 3-4 years, especially under Rodgers. I know we don't "need" him desperately, but last season we were looking to start with 6 players in those attacking midfield roles. I guess the signing of Salah negates any potential deal. Still won't mind a Di Maria though. But Pogba and Luis first.

Salah brings that in bunches. Not to mention we have Atsu and others. No need for him at all.

Really find it interesting everyones saying we shouldn't of signed Salah just because Liverpool are getting this guy. If he was really that good we would have used our option to sign him to be honest, a young winger isn't what we need, we need more players who are coming towards their best years to improve the team as well as developing the younger players. I am really excited to see Salah get more minutes and hopefully hit the ground running in the PL after 6 months of adaption and after his performance vs Swansea in particular, also the two games in the champions league against us, there is also a hell of a lot more to come from him.

Also cmon we got Salah ahead of Liverpool, we can't just sign everyone Liverpool wants.... Markovic will be a great player but right now, Salah is better and further ahead in his development.

Chelsea reportedly have an option to match Liverpool's bid for the 20-year-old Serbia international, but they have apparently shown no interest at this stage.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9373989/transfer-news-liverpool-closing-on-benficas-lazar-markovic-according-to-reports

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You