Subs used

Zola

Stanic

Cole ...

The opposition ....

Oh that was Liverpool at the Bridge

The result

Oh Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1

How do think that team compares with today' team bearing in mind the money spent??

BTW that last game got us 4th place ,but who finished 3rd .. (no cheating by searching)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle finished 3rd god knows how that Newcastle team were shite (Shearer and Given aside) just goes to show how much of a genius Sir Bobby Robson was, i mean seriously who else could get a team with Bramble, Bernand, Hughes, Dyer, Jenas and Robert regually in the top 4 it was ridicolous. I'd go as far as saying he (Sir Bobby) would have won us the title even pre Roman.

Our team back then was a match for anyone in a one off match, Liverpool and United found that out numerous times only really Arsenal seemed to have the beating off us back then, it depresses me that quite a few legends of our club suffered against those twats.

Didn't have the depth to challenge properly for the league title but if we got better luck against Barca in 1999 maybe we could have done what Liverpool did in 05, lets be honest our team pre Roman was better than that Greece mark 2 fluke show XL.

Edited by Tomo-91

That was an absolute class team for the money we had back then, even if Roman hadn't of come in we'd of gone on to have a good season and a decent run in the CL.

Oh Eidur, :wub: totally in love with that guy. Everything about him.

Isn't it funny how we will never really know whether we would have done well without Roman. I for think we could have but Romans money and Jose put the cherry on top of what was already a very tasty sundae!

For some reason the blues don't seem like the blues anymore. Everything has changed so much!

For some reason the blues don't seem like the blues anymore. Everything has changed so much!

Know what you mean gg. Wins seemed a lot sweeter then, but things have moved on, and we definitely wouldnt have the array of silverware without the massive cash injection. I remember Glen Johnson the first signing and then like dominos it was fantasy football, the marketing of a global brand, then suddenly there were all these millions of fans :)

I dont care what any cunt says, money wins you the league -Man Utd, Chelsea, Blackburn and now Citeh. Its a fact when football is a business

That was an absolute class team for the money we had back then, even if Roman hadn't of come in we'd of gone on to have a good season and a decent run in the CL.

Yep! We earned our fortunes with the football we played.. Didn't get randomly picked as City did. Had that 'billion pound goal' not have gone in, Roman may have bought Liverpool!