Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno why, but i've got a great feeling about this game. How dare those tire thieving cunts do the double over us while we were reigning champs, fuck that. They did the double over us in 2009 too then we did it to them in 2010. Time for sweet payback number 2. We have them again soon after too so lets do them twice in 10 days. So up for this one even tho i have to watch it at midnight. We need to get back to playing with style and winning 4-5 in short succession. We won't lose this game, i swear on it.

I'm pretty sure Drogba is fine. Media only said he'd miss the Genk match, it never said he'd have a substantial period away. I like the Drogba over Torres idea but i'd rather Torres score on Sunday than Drogba.

Whats your reasons for that?

This whole "confidence" story. If he's really that affected by confidence, I don't see him pulling out a good shift vs his ex-employers. I also still see him in that "1 step forward, 2 steps backwards" light & we really do need a win in this game.

Sturridge is in fine form currently & Anelka is always a hidden danger. The great thing about Anelka is, he'll work with anyone! Where we see Drogba and Torres failing to adapt with a co-striker Anelka's got form in creating good link-up play.

This whole "confidence" story. If he's really that affected by confidence, I don't see him pulling out a good shift vs his ex-employers. I also still see him in that "1 step forward, 2 steps backwards" light & we really do need a win in this game.

Sturridge is in fine form currently & Anelka is always a hidden danger. The great thing about Anelka is, he'll work with anyone! Where we see Drogba and Torres failing to adapt with a co-striker Anelka's got form in creating good link-up play.

I agree with the Anelka part - he has impressed me this year (but I still have a sour taste in my mouth for his performances under Grant and Carlo's last year).

How much longer though can we keep Torres wrapped up in cotton wool for??.....at the end of the day we paid the British record transfer fee for him and he pushed for the move..also he was under huge pressure for the televised game at Old Trafford. He was still on a blank for the season at the time and he did not hide and gave possibly his best performance in a Chelsea shirt and that was away from home. For me the ability is still there, he just needs to up his work rate. Unless we change our style of play he is the best central striker we have (Drogba and Lukaku are ineffective in the AVB style).

I also think that with Sturridge being so left footed, it hurts him in the central role..Maybe we could leave him on the bench for later in the game and play Mata and Anelka on the flanks??

Sturridge has hardly been great in the last two games, Anelka has been really poor in all games he's started.

Given Drogba's form and seeming lack of fitness I think Torres starting is a pretty safe bet.

Torres's form?, i still don't think he can work in our team till we actually get the players suited for him. At most he will score about 9 goals a season with the team we have, and that's with him starting most games.