Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

Suarez doesn't really have pace, he's more tricky and slippery. I do fear he will give the Chelsea defense a lot of problems. Let's hope he forgets his shooting boots. More important, Chelsea's attack has to move cleverly and keep Liverpool's defense and tandem of Lucas/Adam preoccupied in their own half. This will force Liverpool's defensive line to drop back and hopefully that will isolate Suarez further up or force him to constantly drop back for the ball.

If Torres and Sturridge can click, Chelsea will do well. Problem is I don't think there's been one game where they both played well. It's always one or the other. Their pace and movement should cause Liverpool problems. But if they're static or Sturridge repeats his Arsenal and Man United performances and leaves Torres isolated and frustrated....yikes.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see this team:

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Romeu

Ramires-Lampard

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

I am only a little bit afraid of Luiz, because he makes a lot of penalties and with The Suarez diving skills, I hope he doesn't make penalties. I also want to see Meireles playing, but as one member sad, he will open too much space between the defence and the midfielders. Romeu is more deffensive than Meireles. Hope we win. Maybe 2-0: Torres, Lampard!

This is a massive game for AVB. He needs to win to get the media off his back having not beaten a "big" side yet.

This game is also taylor made for Torres to justify his big fee, a good game here will give him alot of confidence.

I think we will win this due to Dalgleish's negativity, he would happily take 0-0 and that will be reflected in his lineup IMO. The danger for us is if Kuyt and Bellamy play in thier inevitable 4-5-1, thier pace will trouble our defence so it is important to play Iva-Terry-Luiz-Cole for this. If its Carroll Terry will have him for breakfast..

With the form Lamps is in and Mata pulling the strings we should have to much for Liverpool, but only if we take the chances we create...

At least they do not have Mierlies this season!!!

When will Essien return??

If he keeps getting injured and manages 5 games a season, why havent we replaced him yet??

Oriol to start as DM. He is a star in the making....sadly in chelsea young players never get the chance to become legends. If AVB wants youth, this is his first chance.

Torres Sturridge Mata Front three sounds good.... Malouda not even on the bench sounds even better.

Lampard Modric Meireles Midfield ....winning team.

Is Modric takinga

Is he taking a break from Tottenham this weekend?

Ive developed a thing for Modric now, everytime modric plays i can imagine him for chelsea ,,,,

He doesnt run like ramires but will surely provide much more as a player in the midfield,,,,

Regardless, that was just a joke,,, hopefully this line up will be true for this reverse fixture after the Winter Transfer market!

No more than 35 Million though,

I think we will win this due to Dalgleish's negativity, he would happily take 0-0 and that will be reflected in his lineup IMO. The danger for us is if Kuyt and Bellamy play in thier inevitable 4-5-1, thier pace will trouble our defence so it is important to play Iva-Terry-Luiz-Cole for this. If its Carroll Terry will have him for breakfast..

Kuyt has no pace at all. But he's hard working and very clever. I fear him helping out Suarez along with Bellamy. Their movement could give Chelsea a lot of problems. We only hope Chelsea's front three troubles their back line even more.

I agree Dalglish will go conservative and take advantage of AVB's inevitable attack game plan. Basically Chelsea needs to slam home a couple of early goals to force Liverpool to play. If they score first then it's either they'll close up shop OR get very ugly as they exploit Chelsea as we go forward for the equalizer. Then it'll be Arsenal all over again.

So glad we did not sign him for £40m, Ramires has better attacking stats this season and 12m for Mierlies was much better business..

I totally disagree. I think the season has shown Chelsea are one good deep lying playmaker away from challenging City. Whether it's Modric or someone else, Chelsea needs someone to control the game which we have sadly lacked. Chelsea also needs someone to get the ball faster up to Mata and then to Torres. Mata has been less effective as he's had to drop deeper to get the ball. He's still one of Chelsea's top players but you can see he flits in and out of games because of the supply. He's good enough to play midfield but his true quality is to be much further up the pitch and he should be closer to Torres.

Having Modric or someone like him has huge butterfly effects on this team. Having someone who can cycle the ball faster will also lessen the pressure on the brittle defense. Meireles, Ramires, Lampard and Mikel are good players and are significant contributors but they can't do what Modric does. This is stuff you can't directly measure with stats alone.

I totally disagree. I think the season has shown Chelsea are one good deep lying playmaker away from challenging City. Whether it's Modric or someone else, Chelsea needs someone to control the game which we have sadly lacked. Chelsea also needs someone to get the ball faster up to Mata and then to Torres. Mata has been less effective as he's had to drop deeper to get the ball. He's still one of Chelsea's top players but you can see he flits in and out of games because of the supply. He's good enough to play midfield but his true quality is to be much further up the pitch and he should be closer to Torres.

Having Modric or someone like him has huge butterfly effects on this team. Having someone who can cycle the ball faster will also lessen the pressure on the brittle defense. Meireles, Ramires, Lampard and Mikel are good players and are significant contributors but they can't do what Modric does. This is stuff you can't directly measure with stats alone.

Interesting opinion, I guess we will never know as we won't sign him now.....I do feel that Mierlies is underated, look at his time on the ball - always looking for the quick pass and rarely has more than two touches. That said we need a holding mid, so either Mikel or Romeu has to play, Ramires covers so much ground that he needs to be in the team and Lampard can't be dropped due to his current form.....

I'd say we throw a spanner in the works and play Drogba over Torres.

Liverpool expect and want Torres to play, they know how he works playing Drogba over him would throw a huge spanner in it, Carragher and Agger will SHIT THEMSELF,AVB should start him, give him a massive pep talk something along the lines off "show us why you were the most feared forward in world football and why you should play for me more often" should do the trick.

AVB should also watched tapes of our performances every time Bosingwa has played against Liverpool aswell, if Bossy starts i will be in tears.

ok, if Torres doesnt score by the 75th minute, can we give him some boxing gloves and tell him "time for some revenge"????

on another note:

would love to try a torres drogba up front combo ONE more time, ONLY because torres' passing skills are looking really sharp and that might be just what didier needs...

ok, if Torres doesnt score by the 75th minute, can we give him some boxing gloves and tell him "time for some revenge"????

on another note:

would love to try a torres drogba up front combo ONE more time, ONLY because torres' passing skills are looking really sharp and that might be just what didier needs...

BUT Didier is injured,no?.

Dont care if its like watching paint dry we need to win this one!!! To keep the gap with the teams below us and because its scum! We havent beaten them in a while and both times last season 'Chelsea who' crap from my cousin....Torres goal would make it even better but can honestly seeing sodding Caroll scoring to be annoying!

Eeeeeeeeeek..any of the shits score my crutches may end up being launched at the telly......