Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

I also get the feeling Lewandowski will not move to us as I am sure he will only move to a big club where he is guaranteed first team football. I wouldnt mind Adebayor though even though I am 99% we will not get him but we can get him on the cheap but I really rate him. I wouldnt mind Dembele as a makeshit CF/CM as well

This. And he knows that he cannot be guaranteed first team football with Torres in the same team. Torres deserves one last chance next season, and if he continues to disappoint, then he will have to either accept the bench or fuck off for good. And then I'd welcome Lewandowski with open arms.

It seems that the vast majority of Chelsea fans have no faith in Torres for next season, and this is why I think he will surprise us all.

More belgiums lol... Don't particularly want adebayor, as others have stated in other threads someone like Dzecko would make for a good 2nd choice striker, though i doubt he would be sold for cheap, or Demba Ba, which i have said many times, though doesn't look like its even on our raydar... Could even be Moses, if we can agree, or more specifically Whelan can agree and not be a dick...

I wouldnt mind Ba as well despite reports his knee is like a time ticking bomb lol but his release clause deadline has passed so he won't be allowed to leave on the cheap. Gourlay said we are still in the market for 2 players, wonder who they are. One RB I am guessing and maybe a winger or striker

This. And he knows that he cannot be guaranteed first team football with Torres in the same team. Torres deserves one last chance next season, and if he continues to disappoint, then he will have to either accept the bench or fuck off for good. And then I'd welcome Lewandowski with open arms.

It seems that the vast majority of Chelsea fans have no faith in Torres for next season, and this is why I think he will surprise us all.

I agree with you totally, I would like to see Torres bang in the goals for us and be the premiership top scorer. I admit I have my doubts of him still but no matter what pressure he feels I am 100% supportive on having another striker to show that Torres has no easy ride in the first team and we can have someone already proven ready to step in if he goes on a goal drought again

I agree Lewandowski is not at their level (yet) but that reason you gave for him scoring a lot of goals for Dortmund could be applied to many other top strikers.

Anyway who said he's not going to be first choice? he's certainly good enough to be one.

At Dortmund he started out as second choice to Barrios but eventually fought him off and became a regular starter this past season.

And finally, yes Torres can convert some chances, but i still think we need another striker. And someone not 40m expensive (plus 200k wages)

Honestly, I think we've got that "other" striker in Daniel Sturridge already. If Torres fails to produce next season, I'm confident Daniel can step up. Daniel can be just as good as Lewandowski, maybe even better IMO.

Guarantee you if Sturridge played for another team he'd cost £20m at least, and people would be courting about how we should sign him.

Honestly, I think we've got that "other" striker in Daniel Sturridge already. If Torres fails to produce next season, I'm confident Daniel can step up. Daniel can be just as good as Lewandowski, maybe even better IMO.

Guarantee you if Sturridge played for another team he'd cost £20m at least, and people would be courting about how we should sign him.

I am not a believer. But we shall see i guess.

2 goals for Dortmund in their 60 min tournament today. What a quality striker he is, sure he is going to be banging in the goals for fun again this season. Would love to see him at the Bridge

2 goals for Dortmund in their 60 min tournament today. What a quality striker he is, sure he is going to be banging in the goals for fun again this season. Would love to see him at the Bridge

Of course, his team actually creates decent chances for him. Does he fashion a lot of chances away? He's good enough to put them away. He'd have problems here.

Of course, his team actually creates decent chances for him. Does he fashion a lot of chances away? He's good enough to put them away. He'd have problems here.

that's not why Torres is struggling her.

that's not why Torres is struggling her.

Is that why Drogba scored a hatful of goals as well?

Look, I'm not saying that Torres is blameless, but I guarantee you any decent striker who had the service of most last season would struggle to score 20 goals too.

Is that why Drogba scored a hatful of goals as well?

Look, I'm not saying that Torres is blameless, but I guarantee you any decent striker who had the service of most last season would struggle to score 20 goals too.

I fail to believe Newcastle and Arsenal have better mids than we do. We certainly were lacking in creativity last year with only Mata being a real passer but a striker can't be spoon fed all day. Ofcourse its not all Torres fault, but he definitely isn't helping our mids out either.

Also how was DD able to score so many goals in cup games?

I fail to believe Newcastle and Arsenal have better mids than we do. We certainly were lacking in creativity last year with only Mata being a real passer but a striker can't be spoon fed all day. Ofcourse its not all Torres fault, but he definitely isn't helping our mids out either.

Also how was DD able to score so many goals in cup games?

It's not so much about what players we had. It's about the way we played.

We didn't create enough as a team last year. It's been evident this preseason as well, but we've made the right steps towards rectifying that problem, we just need to marry the solution (e.g. Get the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar working together). If we do that then we'll surely see someone like Torres regularly scoring, thus reducing the need for a new striker.

Believe it or not, Torres was our top scorer under RDM if I'm not incorrect. He's still good enough IMO, we just need to sort out other areas in the team before we can definitely know for sure that we need a new striker.

That's my opinion anyway.

Lewa is called the "Polish Torres" but he is a far more intelligent player, not relying only on his instincts as torres does but haivng a great football brain, too. Could work on his general conversion rate, anyhow his ability to score in the big games at crucial moments ( 4 goals against bayern in the 2 games deciding dfb-pokal and deutsche meisterschaft all goals to brilliant points of time) are poised to reach drogba-esque extents, its unbelievable how clinical he was in these games, converting literally every shot. Would love him here next season, Torres has 2 good years in him maximum and maybe we should not rely on studge or lukaku to become worldclass.

First thing first, Is Dortmund willing to sell? If not then we're wasting time discussing how good he is.

I know every player has a price, but if the club is reluctant to sell and the player doesn't even want to move, there's not much we can do really.

First thing first, Is Dortmund willing to sell? If not then we're wasting time discussing how good he is.

I know every player has a price, but if the club is reluctant to sell and the player doesn't even want to move, there's not much we can do really.

That is why it is labelled "wishlist" mate. I doubt he would come here but it doesnt stop me wanting to see him here. Dortmund recently said they would consider if it was a very good offer, United have heavily been linked with him

we as a team have never prioritized strikers. i mean i see city and united. those teams have 4 strikers. they focus on the front '2' a lot more. we are obsessed with attacking mids and goal scoring mids B) ..still though i think we'll get a third striker. competent enough. lewandowski would be a luxury, a good one but not required at this point (unless torres fails big time and so does sturridge)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2199100/Robert-Lewandowski-puts-Manchester-United-Chelsea-alert.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Robert Lewandowski has admitted that he could leave Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season.

The Poland striker is a long-term Manchester United target, while Chelsea made enquiries with the German club over his services earlier this summer.

Lewandowski, 24, has two years left to run on his contract but Dortmund may find it increasingly difficult to hang on to their star man, with Juventus and Bayern Munich also interested.

He told German newspaper Bild: 'I don’t set myself any limits. I don’t know what will be after this season.

'I can’t and don’t want to rule out anything. This would not be professional.'

Lewandowski is one of the most highly-rated forwards in Europe after scoring 30 goals last season en-route to helping Dortmund to a league and cup double.

He then starred for Poland at Euro 2012, scoring in his country's opening game against Greece but was unable to help them through the group stage.

When asked about interest from Bayern, Lewandowski said: 'That will always be interesting and you have to consider it. It is such a big club'.

He added: 'I have another two years on my contract. This is a long time. I don’t have to decide today if I extend it or not. But, like I said, I only concentrate on Borussia right now.'

Would you take Lewandowski say IF we can't get Falcao?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You