test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NiclasCFC

Wishlist Robert Lewandowski

Started by NiclasCFC,

1,506 posts in this topic

If we want to persist with Morata as future (which personally I dont want) and also may involve Tammy Abraham (or any young striker) then Lewandowski & Giroud are perfect as short term solution. And even at 29 Lewandowski is a great buy. 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
After just buying a striker who's 30+ in January I cannot fathom us going out and spending massive money on another one. Lewa will be turning 30 just as the season starts. Wouldn't bother me personally but goes against the club's policy. Giroud was seen as a short term and inexpensive option. Lewa would be a huge outlay and presumably on a long term deal after 30 years old.
Just can't see it happening.

He’d likely sign before he turns 30 so the policy would still apply.

And what exactly is wrong with you guys? It’s like you all haven’t watched Lewandowski play! He doesn’t rely on things like speed, agility, the types of things that deteriorate when you reach 30. Lewandowski is a striker who relies on his deft touch, clinical finishing and power. He’s like zlatan I can see him playing well into his 30’s and likely being highly effective for the next 3-4 yrs.

It’s like people forget Drogba’s Best year was when he turned 31...

Lewandowski’s hold up and link up play is right up there with the best 9’s in the world. In fact you can make the argument that he is the best.

My only reservation is football seems to be moving away from the traditional 9 in favour of the smaller more agile attackers.

I want him but I can’t get my hopes up because this club have let me down so many times the past 3 yrs. I would hope that in this instance they realize we are desperate and that penny pinching won’t get you anywhere when dealing with a guy like Robert and a club like Bayern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who think PSG are in any position to add another player valued at 100m I would strongly advise you to wake up!

 

There is no way in hell ffp regulations will permit them to fit Neymar, mbappe and Lewandowski in one monitoring period. They may be interested but they will have to sell massively to make it happen.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:


He’d likely sign before he turns 30 so the policy would still apply.

And what exactly is wrong with you guys? It’s like you all haven’t watched Lewandowski play! He doesn’t rely on things like speed, agility, the types of things that deteriorate when you reach 30. Lewandowski is a striker who relies on his deft touch, clinical finishing and power. He’s like zlatan I can see him playing well into his 30’s and likely being highly effective for the next 3-4 yrs.

It’s like people forget Drogba’s Best year was when he turned 31...

Lewandowski’s hold up and link up play is right up there with the best 9’s in the world. In fact you can make the argument that he is the best.

My only reservation is football seems to be moving away from the traditional 9 in favour of the smaller more agile attackers.

I want him but I can’t get my hopes up because this club have let me down so many times the past 3 yrs. I would hope that in this instance they realize we are desperate and that penny pinching won’t get you anywhere when dealing with a guy like Robert and a club like Bayern.

IMO Lewandowski does rely on agility and speed a lot. you might not see it but he needs it to get away from his marker. HIs pace deteriorated visibly this season to great effect. Furthermore Lewandowski is a consistent underperformer in big games. Drogba IMO had his best year as he was 29 and then a close on at 31 but he is a completely different player. Drogba indeed never relied on his straight line speed and physically only delclined a few years later. And Lewa is not the type of character I'd want at the club. He would command outrageous wages, which he might be worth but might also disrupt the wage structure. He is a huge sulker. He disrespected Heynckes, one of the greatest coaches of all times and an absolute gent multiple times really badly in public. Always put up with the Bayern hierachy abou this dream move to Real Madrid. The latter is also the reason we will never get him. If he moves then only to real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

IMO Lewandowski does rely on agility and speed a lot. you might not see it but he needs it to get away from his marker. HIs pace deteriorated visibly this season to great effect. Furthermore Lewandowski is a consistent underperformer in big games. Drogba IMO had his best year as he was 29 and then a close on at 31 but he is a completely different player. Drogba indeed never relied on his straight line speed and physically only delclined a few years later. And Lewa is not the type of character I'd want at the club. He would command outrageous wages, which he might be worth but might also disrupt the wage structure. He is a huge sulker. He disrespected Heynckes, one of the greatest coaches of all times and an absolute gent multiple times really badly in public. Always put up with the Bayern hierachy abou this dream move to Real Madrid. The latter is also the reason we will never get him. If he moves then only to real.

Speed is an aspect he uses in his game but its not what he relies on. You just said his pace deteriorated this season yet he scored 41 goals in 48 games... That tells me he knows how to score in a variety of ways and is a complete striker.

Consistent underperformer? lol I bet you think that about Hazard too. Big games aren't about individual performers its how the team adjusts when the opposition take away what you do well.  I'll take my chances with Lewandowski banging in a few against Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham... City. He is LETHAL and this myth that he vanishes is ludicrous.

As for Drogba we can debate which year was better forever, the facts still remain at the age of 31 he scored 37 goals in 44 games... 

Everything else means little to me, the problems he had at one club aren't instantly reproduced at another. 

And while I think he would love to join Real, the truth of the matter is they haven't shown any interest and we are the club his reps are speaking with so you never know. NEVER.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, he is a top 3 striker in the world at the moment and has not shown he is slowing down. If we can bring in a top 3 striker i do not care about the price, I only care if he will actually agree to come that they get it done. Lets not nitpick and overthink this, our greatest concern is convincing special players to come play for us. If somehow we convince him to come I would be crying of happiness. he is a stone cold assassin, probably the most well rounded and complete striker in the game. His pace might continue to slowly diminish(i don't believe he has ever relied on it to be special truthfully), but his instincts, brains, and superior skillset remain the same. He has no off the field concerns, he has brought it for a limited poland and an incredible bayern team. Couple him with an attacking coach and a motivated hazard? imagine if we had Lewa instead of Morata this year? would be a totally different story.

I do NOT believe this will get done, but I sure as hell wish it would.

Clockwork and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jason said:

Not talking about his quality but rather his effectiveness. He's great in the Bundesliga but not so much in the Champions League. Why is that?

Lewa is top 10 all time Champions League scorer, 10 goals away from climbing to top 5. He didn't have a great CL campaign this season, but the past two years before he scored 8 goals in 9 games, and 9 goals in 12 goals. Pretty much on par with his Bundesliga goal scoring ratio. 

Diego Costa didn't produce in the CL, but was plenty effective in PL. i bet you wouldn't make the same assessment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Lewa is top 10 all time Champions League scorer, 10 goals away from climbing to top 5. He didn't have a great CL campaign this season, but the past two years before he scored 8 goals in 9 games, and 9 goals in 12 goals. Pretty much on par with his Bundesliga goal scoring ratio. 

Diego Costa didn't produce in the CL, but was plenty effective in PL. i bet you wouldn't make the same assessment. 

Fair point, I'll give you that. But would you say his performances have been as impressive as his goalscoring record? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, the wes said:

I don't see whats the problem is with lewandowski being near 30 did we not sign makelele Zola and ballack  when they were near 30? If we can get him for a good price I would sign him 

It isn't that I'm against seeing Lewa in a Chelsea shirt. I love the way he plays football. He is the complete striker in every sense. I would just prefer us to find somebody slightly younger so that we can build a solid foundation. I don't want us to desperately look again in 2 years time. It would be better if we got this and other positions looked down and concentrated on the way we play football. We all talk about how we want to play vibrant,  attacking, free flowing football but we simply do not have the squad to do it with. It doesn't happen over night either, especially with us. We have played defensive, counter attacking football for a looong time now. Also we will be building a new stadium soon so I would rather get somebody younger so that we don't have to worry about buying someone else with rations during that stadium build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DDA said:

It isn't that I'm against seeing Lewa in a Chelsea shirt. I love the way he plays football. He is the complete striker in every sense. I would just prefer us to find somebody slightly younger so that we can build a solid foundation. I don't want us to desperately look again in 2 years time. It would be better if we got this and other positions looked down and concentrated on the way we play football. We all talk about how we want to play vibrant,  attacking, free flowing football but we simply do not have the squad to do it with. It doesn't happen over night either, especially with us. We have played defensive, counter attacking football for a looong time now. Also we will be building a new stadium soon so I would rather get somebody younger so that we don't have to worry about buying someone else with rations during that stadium build.

I'm  sure we would all prefer an Isco or Dyballa but the way I try to look at the age thing is with the midern games Drs,Physios etc SOME players CAN carry on longer. And with contracts not really worth the paper they are written on players regularly dont see out 4 year contracts so IF Lewa can give us 3 or 4 years of 20+ goals and some assists it would help us alot to get back into contention and who knows - we MIGHT be able to sell him on to US or China after??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Without champions league  we are determined to lose him . 

 

why does everybody say if there's no CL there's no chance of getting the player there's no CL football in China and players seem to go there all players care about is their wages not CL football nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wes said:

why does everybody say if there's no CL there's no chance of getting the player there's no CL football in China and players seem to go there all players care about is their wages not CL football nowadays

Not everyone is purely interested in money...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are indeed going after a new main striker (which I still highly doubt) my preference of this we've been linked with is Icardi, then Lewandowski, then Higuain. But unless we offered mega wages I can't see why any of those 3 would come here when they could probably go to just about any other big club which has CL football.

akgw13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pizy said:

If we are indeed going after a new main striker (which I still highly doubt) my preference of this we've been linked with is Icardi, then Lewandowski, then Higuain. But unless we offered mega wages I can't see why any of those 3 would come here when they could probably go to just about any other big club which has CL football.

My thoughts exactly. 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.