Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

Honest question though, EPL is better based on what?

Only subjective way to compare the two leagues, is through how those two leagues have faired in European competition. Bundesliga has the edge, and PL are likely to lose one of their CL spots.

Btw there goes Aresnal 4th place trophy on a positive note.

The CL is a knockout competition. Comparing it to a league is ridiculous, as they both operate in completely different manners. What do you mean there 'is only one way to subjectively compare'? That is opposite of what subjective is, there is an infinite amount of way to subjectively compare the league. For example: I believe the EPL is better than the Bundesliga because there is a higher goal per game average; or the Bundesliga is stronger because of parity and dispersal of home grown talent. You are thinking of 'objective'.

The CL is a knockout competition. Comparing it to a league is ridiculous, as they both operate in completely different manners. What do you mean there 'is only one way to subjectively compare'? That is opposite of what subjective is, there is an infinite amount of way to subjectively compare the league. For example: I believe the EPL is better than the Bundesliga because there is a higher goal per game average; or the Bundesliga is stronger because of parity and dispersal of home grown talent. You are thinking of 'objective'.

Lol I should start read over my post more often, yeah objective is the word.

I don't think you understand my post. Nothing outrageous it is the same way Uefa determines the merit of league strengths and which league deserves more CL spots. Simply put Bundesliga have outperformed EPL in CL/EL, until PL does better in Europe they have no legit claim as the stronger league.

For me the ranking of strikers in the world ATM is (and has been so for a year or so):

1) Suarez

2) Aguero

3) Lewandowski

4) Costa

5) Cavani

6) Benzema

7) Ibrahimovich

Lewandowski has hardly lit the world up since joining Bayern but is still a great striker. Aguero and Suarez are markedly better IMO though.

Lol I should start read over my post more often, yeah objective is the word.

I don't think you understand my post. Nothing outrageous it is the same way Uefa determines the merit of league strengths and which league deserves more CL spots. Simply put Bundesliga have outperformed EPL in CL/EL, until PL does better in Europe they have no legit claim as the stronger league.

The top 3 of the Bundesliga is stronger than the top 3 of the EPL. Bayern>>City>Chelsea>Dortmund>>Wolfsburg>>Arsenal.

You talk about Europe but other than Bayern no German teams have consistently done well in Europe. Chelsea are consistently good and Utd are when they're actually in Europe.

But the mid table and lower tier teams from the EPL are far better than their Bundesliga counterparts. Bayern walk over teams regularly, so do Dortmund. Chelsea and City very rarely have easy games in the Premier League, even against teams who are shit and/or out of form like Newcastle, Stoke etc.

Premier league is stronger but its because they have sheiks and investments. Bundesliga dont allow sheiks , despite the big potential for berlin and hamburg. If they allow them in the future, berlin and hamburg can become like PSG or City, especially berlin because its a glimmer town

The top 3 of the Bundesliga is stronger than the top 3 of the EPL. Bayern>>City>Chelsea>Dortmund>>Wolfsburg>>Arsenal.

You talk about Europe but other than Bayern no German teams have consistently done well in Europe. Chelsea are consistently good and Utd are when they're actually in Europe.

But the mid table and lower tier teams from the EPL are far better than their Bundesliga counterparts. Bayern walk over teams regularly, so do Dortmund. Chelsea and City very rarely have easy games in the Premier League, even against teams who are shit and/or out of form like Newcastle, Stoke etc.

Only Bayern steamroll over everyone, maybe prime Dortmund did that at one point but not anymore. Bayern are good enough to steamroll EPL teams also. City and Chelsea certainly not good enough, can't do it here or in Bundesliga.

To an extent I do agree lower teams are better in the PL but not significant or that it gives the league an overall edge.

Bundesliga have done better overall, that is why they have higher coefficient. Chelsea relatively to a degree have done as much for the EPL. PL would have lost that 4th CL years ago if it wasn't for our EL+CL in recent years.

I'll be honest I don't care for this topic I only replied out of respect. Let's agree to disagree.

When Dortmund refused to add his wage and claimed that Polish did not deserved to be a player of the highest salary inside the team. Robert had decided to move to Munich (Before Lewandowski's four goals against Real Madrid and Gotze incident, Dortmund allowed him to choose the club he want to move!)

I don't think that Chelsea can sign him!

Premier league is stronger but its because they have sheiks and investments. Bundesliga dont allow sheiks , despite the big potential for berlin and hamburg. If they allow them in the future, berlin and hamburg can become like PSG or City, especially berlin because its a glimmer town

the wet pipe dreams of a BuLi fanboy lol

The Premier league is stronger than the buli because it is the better product. The biggest stake of cash inflows into the EPL comes from TV money. Bundesliga does not allow for the degree of commercialization the Premier league does hence it will never be as rich. to compare: england gets 2,3 billion € per season, 4 times as much as little blindenliga. but also the growth raes in tv money are much bigger than those of the buli. that margin will never be overturned.

10 goals in ONE FUCKING WEEK IS FUCKING OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

It is.

However, bayern really changed their teamplay quite a bit this season and is feeding the strikers very very well.... Robert was getting force fed all 3 games by his teammates to score and he had a lot more clean opportunities and missed. Not taking a dig out Robert, just saying he could of scored about 16 goals this week...

RIght now, five of them have been europe's best this season; Neuer, alaba, muller, lewandowski and costa. '

No doubt in my mind that barring injury, Munchen will be holding the trophy this UCL campaign.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You