Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

True but on the other hand, signing Hulk would solve our ST and RW problems immediately.

It will solve our RW problems, but not necessarily ST problems.

Because he can play there does not mean he's as good in that position - i would like someone who regularly watches Porto to confirm how many times he played there last season? I only saw him once there against City at Ethiad.

Anyway maybe it's just me, but i want a real striker, not a winger-cum-striker (or whatever they call them)

I'd rather sign Lewandowski than Hulk. We don't need to spend big on a RW, we can use someone like Moses as a cheap alternative.

Originally i would have disagreed with you but with all the new signings, i too would rather have Lewandowski for sure... And with Lukaku looking more likely to be going on loan he is a quality striker who could be very useful for us, however i really wouldn't pay any more than 30 mil for him which i think is pushing it... If we are talking about at least 35 then i would rather Moses... for a lot less or has i have said in other threads Demba BA.

Also if we set out properly, we may not really have RW problems any more... Hazard can play there, with the addition of Oscar to the squad and Mata coming back, those 3 for me can do the job atm, and can switch around... Mata's best position is not ther but can do it and Oscar has on occasions played there for brazil...

Hazard Oscar Mata

For me, meaning we just need a backup striker and RB...

Watching all 29 goals not only can i see how good Lewandowski is but also how devastating Kagawa is too. =/

Indeed, quality player.

But if we get Lewandowski i'm confident he will score goals with Hazard, Marin, Mata and Oscar supplying him :)

Indeed, quality player.

But if we get Lewandowski i'm confident he will score goals with Hazard, Marin, Mata and Oscar supplying him :)

Are there any strong links with us actually putting in a concrete offer for Lewandowski?

Are there any strong links with us actually putting in a concrete offer for Lewandowski?

a few weeks ago i think? our name was mentioned as not offering 'enough'

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7928003/Lewandowski-fee-not-suitable-

like i said somewhere either in this thread or one of the other CF themed ones. he would be a good alternative to Cavani because although he`s very good player he`s not yet a big name so Torres wouldnt get his knickers in a twist because he would believe that Lewandowski isn`t as much a threat to him as Cavani.

i personally think Lewandowski could end up banging lots more in for us during his chelsea career than Torres will but atleast for a season or two he would be back-up and we could atleast all things crossed get some return from Torres in that time.(or try and offload him next summer if he fails).

I would prefer Cavani but would happily accept Lewandowski .... We certainly need one more striker

£35m actually but that was reported on Daily Mail, if you believe them that is. He only has 2 years left in his contract and 35m is surely way OTT and he may be good, but he is not worth that amount of money. Somewhere maybe around 20-25m would be just about right.

I agree. Anything over £20m and it'd be money wasted IMO. Could've used it to sign a player who will have more impact on the team.

I'd rather us sign a £30m Hulk than sign a £20m Lewandowski as I believe Hulk would have far more impact on the team.

I agree. Anything over £20m and it'd be money wasted IMO. Could've used it to sign a player who will have more impact on the team.

I'd rather us sign a £30m Hulk than sign a £20m Lewandowski as I believe Hulk would have far more impact on the team.

But the thing is Hulk will cost close to 40m, while i believe we can get Lewy for around 25m.

And we need a striker more than we need Hulk as far as i'm concerned.

Also this "Anything over £20m and it'd be money wasted IMO", considering how much we paid for Lukaku and Torres, i totally disagree.

Yeah 25 for this guy seems reasonable, he seems like a physical stud, he would score the chances created, he doesnt seem like a superstar striker like nando was 2 years ago or King Drogs, but a guy like higuain who will put in a good chance 90% of the time, we wont need much creativity from our forward with hazard/oscar/mata patrolling the midfield :))))

sign him,, future pairing with studge looks emense, but even if not that, he just does his job like demba ba, or cisse, they just do their job and what i like is the lack of flash, they jist play simple old school football. we may need player like that in this new look squad.

I think Lewandowski is a great player, and in many ways would prefer him to cavani, due to the fact that cavani is of a higher profile and looks likely to cost double... Lewandowski is also 2 years younger and i think is much better value and would be able to do a job for us for a long time...

I say put in a take it or leave it 25 mil offer... That seems to be what he is worth, would give us 3 stikers assuming RL goes on loan, and would pretty much complete our team with the exception of a back up right back.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You