Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

Lewandowski is a player I like a lot. He is criminally underrated based quite largely on the fact he has 'only' had a single decent season. However, he is still very young and regardless of the level, he has scored goals for fun at every club he was at. I believe he broke scoring records in Poland with Lech Poznan, but I may be mistaken. He is already a prolific forward and will no doubt improve with age. I'd be right behind this transfer. He's a cheaper option than Hulk or Falcao.

like i said somewhere either in this thread or one of the other CF themed ones. he would be a good alternative to Cavani because although he`s very good player he`s not yet a big name so Torres wouldnt get his knickers in a twist because he would believe that Lewandowski isn`t as much a threat to him as Cavani.

i personally think Lewandowski could end up banging lots more in for us during his chelsea career than Torres will but atleast for a season or two he would be back-up and we could atleast all things crossed get some return from Torres in that time.(or try and offload him next summer if he fails).

watched him alot last season and really liked him (hence my nickname) , but i don't know if he suits us as a lone striker

i see him as the polish raul , doesn't do alot of running but always lethal in front of goal , at least torres contributes alot in our general play

If the price is right I'd be happy with him. Cavani would be too expensive and would leave us with a similitude problem to last year. Get the feeling he would be willing to wait for games.

Hate this hulk can play as a striker crap, guy plays out wide, he is not a CF.

After (Falcao) and Cavani, he is the best available striker in the market. He is not even 24 yet meaning he has lots in him to give and to improve. I wouldn't mind him here at all, especially because he is not some big star like Cavani so that Torres would want out and that we would have to pay him massive wages.

He's a top striker and one of the best in the Bundesliga, but in the Premier League he could end up like Dzeko. I like him, but I'd rather have Hulk, Falcao or Cavani.

Guys you've suggested would cost us 70-80 million over five years (with wages), would also mean Torres would have to leave (he won't stay to be scond choice) so we would still be short up front.

This guy would cost half that, is younger and would probably (can't say for sure) be happier to play second fiddle to Torres.

Don't see the logic in buying those you've mentioned.

Guys you've suggested would cost us 70-80 million over five years (with wages), would also mean Torres would have to leave (he won't stay to be scond choice) so we would still be short up front.

This guy would cost half that, is younger and would probably (can't say for sure) be happier to play second fiddle to Torres.

Don't see the logic in buying those you've mentioned.

We need a winger, Hulk in other words. How come you don't see the logic in buying him? Lewandowski is a centre forward, like Torres, so it's impossible to play with both at the same time, unless we want to play 4-4-2. I don't see the logic in your post to be honest.

But if the club really want to buy another striker, then they should go after Falcao or Cavani, who imo are better than Lewandowski, which is why I prefer them to him when it comes to centre forwards.

imagine a pairing of studge and lewandowski?!

would that really work, i mean lewandowski loves to be in the box getting on end of crosses, and studge likes to slip in behind and take players on, dont know if both would work hard together but just a thought.

We need a winger, Hulk in other words. How come you don't see the logic in buying him? Lewandowski is a centre forward, like Torres, so it's impossible to play with both at the same time, unless we want to play 4-4-2. I don't see the logic in your post to be honest.

But if the club really want to buy another striker, then they should go after Falcao or Cavani, who imo are better than Lewandowski, which is why I prefer them to him when it comes to centre forwards.

You mention a winger but talk of signing Cavani and Falco. Which would cost a chunk of change and leave us in the same position as last year; no way Torres would want to stay to play second fiddle. So in effect we would need two strikers. Great, only problem is this is real life not FM.

Sign a winger, sign Navas but don't sign a winger then say he can play as a CF. Nonody knows I hulk could step up as a genuine CF and yet another attacking midfielder is just over kill.

Well that's my logic anyways.

I just seen "don't sign Lewandowski as he might turn out as another Dzeko" then something about signing Hulk.... :blink:

Hulk is just as much of a risk as Lewandowski, in fact worse because the Portuguese League you can basically fart on someone and somehow concede a foul. Bundesliga is a much more physical, faster, demanding league than the Portuguese one and it is the perfect league to make the jump up to the PL from.

Also someone said something about 4-4-2 strike partnerships. What about Torres and Lewandowski, Lewandowski good in the air winning knock downs, Torres getting on the end of them scoring goals :)

Lewandowski will cost around £30m though if I'm not incorrect. Don't see the point in the signing. For that amount we should be signing players who can make a huge difference, which I don't think Robert will.

£35m actually but that was reported on Daily Mail, if you believe them that is. He only has 2 years left in his contract and 35m is surely way OTT and he may be good, but he is not worth that amount of money. Somewhere maybe around 20-25m would be just about right.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You