test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zolayes

A simple Friday teaser with a moral

Started by zolayes,

41 posts in this topic

Just a guess tbh mate, i expect it to be something unexpected, you certaintly got me thinking.

its a question I give to 11 year old pupils

then to bright 16s

then cocky 18s

finally to university students ...

no one has ever given zero and it took me 3 minutes to find a reason for it

I'm guessing there is no one answer. Mathematically speaking an infinite number of series could contain those three numbers. Are you simply trying to figure out how each member thinks?

zolayes likes this

ok i said an hour

it all depends on the rule you choose

the obvious answers are 8 powers of2

and 7 add 1 then 2 and then 3 ..

I am not willing to explain why zero is correct except to say you must think in musical terms ...

I sometimes say the answer is 13 ,,can you say why .

can anyone see the moral though???,,that is the important issue and relates to things said on this forum

I'm guessing there is no one answer. Mathematically speaking an infinite number of series could contain those three numbers. Are you simply trying to figure out how each member thinks?

that is a superb answer ,,,I think you will see the moral

My logic was: he scored 1 and then another 1 so that makes it 2 and then a brace so that's 4 now it's time for hattrick so hence 7 :lol:

very close ,,,but also you in a mathematics sequence 3 terms is not enough to fix one rule ...

I posed the question because people were on the usual Kalou rant .

This teaser shows you need MORE facts to make a decision .. AVB sees more than we do therefore his decisions are more likely to be correct

than ours,,,,

Blue Armour likes this