QPR 1-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta get 3 points from this one since up north one of the Manc teams will drop 3 or they both drop 2. It'll be one of the few weekends one or both of those teams drop points so Chelsea has take advantage.

Drogba will start but I'm confident Anelka can do the job if DD doesn't get it done after 45-60 minutes.

Don't think it's the same case for Drogba. He's a class forward. He's been great for CFC over the years..but he is beginning to show signs of ageing.

He can easily prove his doubters wrong, put in a few great displays, score a bag of goals but I think as the season goes on, AvB will have to make the decision of whether to play Torres OR Drogba as the Centre Forward...because they don't exactly work well together...and I think Chelsea look more threatening with Torres in the team.

i think avb has already made that decision and it is torres. he knows drogba will be here for a max of 2 years so it is quite evident from the start of the season that he is looking to build the team around torres and not dd or nico... but as far as dd proving his doubters wrong goes, believe me he ll go out with a bang..

btw my lineup for the match(would be suprised to see anythin different)

cech

bosi iva jt cole

mikel

raul lamps

sturrudge mata

dd

Totally agree with all of you here, however its QPR so it might be a good game for lukaku to get a goal and confidence.

Maybe under different circumstances I would have agreed..

But this Sunday, one of the Manc teams are definitely going to drop points, and we have to take advantage.

Yes, we may be in a transition period but that shouldn't stop us from trying to win something this season.

I think our style of play is more suited for an inside forward than a big man like Drogba. We try to look for that killer pass rather than hoof it to Drogba and play off his knockdowns. That's why I'd like to see Nico or Sturridge as the central striker. They're movement is great and they're both really pacey as well as deadly finishers. Heck, Nico is practically a carbon copy of Torres (although not exactly). I'm probably alone in this though, lol.

QPR might be a much tougher adversary than people might think, especially if it's away from home! They've built up a really promising side, with Joey Barton, and former blue, SWP, so they're not missing out on a good bit of pace!

And the last time we played them was at the Bridge in the FA Cup, where we scraped a 1-0 win, and Pizarro scored our goal!

I think some are underestimating QPR by suggesting that we play our youth players instead of our strongest 11; They numerous quality players including barton SWP and one of my fav young players adel taarabt. This probably won't be an easy game, but I still believe our attacking power will be too much for QPR.

DD hasn't been his usual self, but that might be due to his injury. We need the midfield to control the game and get it to the forwards. Mata gets two (maybe more)this week and QPHA won't tally anything. Clean sheet will have the back line feeling better about themselves.

I hope Bosi gets a breather and Iva plays for him.

I think Mceachran could get a game on Sunday. Meireles played 90 mins on wednesday and AVB might give him a chance to prove himself as theyre talking about him going on loan to swansea. I know we play everton on wednesday but he might play Meireles in that game instead of Mceachran as it will be a tougher match and he might want an experienced midfielder playing. I personally hope he does go out on loan as hes not getting enough playing time here.

I think some are underestimating QPR by suggesting that we play our youth players instead of our strongest 11; They numerous quality players including barton SWP and one of my fav young players adel taarabt. This probably won't be an easy game, but I still believe our attacking power will be too much for QPR.

I don't think people underestimating qpha. Think about it, they only scored 2 goals at home this season (one was an own goal). Fulham (not a real scoring giant) dropped 6 on them. Then my favorite quote from Tomo-91, They have the ability to make Wigan appear to be Barcelona :o Remember, this is lesser opposition & not a Title contender like us. I am just being real & want to see that ass spanked real good like you would to your dirty red headed step-child.