Dries Mertens

Atholy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I know he's not really on the transfer radar, but what a game he had tonight!!

Scored the equalizer (2-2) and gave both assist for the 3-2 (Lukaku) & the 4-2 (Vertonghen = New Tottenham CB).

We actually have enough midfielders/wingers... but for a good 6-8 million, Mertens comes in as a perfect supersub!

• 5 months later...

6 months no post over here, time to change this.. Having another good season at PSV, lots of goals (10) and assists (think 16). Scoring two great goals against Ado Den Haag (7-0) yesterday

If he works hard defensively as well then could be worth a bid.

I never even dared to post on him here. I could just hear the 'belgian fanboy' remarks. lol.

Dries is small, but hardcore. The wit and technique of Hazard combined with an SAS survival attitude.

This kid is one talented fighter blessed with vision and heart.

Maybe .... :-)

If he is a fighter

I never even dared to post on him here. I could just hear the 'belgian fanboy' remarks. lol.

Dries is small, but hardcore. The wit and technique of Hazard combined with an SAS survival attitude.

This kid is one talented fighter blessed with vision and heart.

Maybe .... :-)

If he is a fighter like you tell, I'll believe it. Besides, wingers are usually small. We need tanks in the middle of the park.

The problem with signing him is that we already have moses,eden,mata,oscar and KDB for the band of three and i dont know how much playing time will mertens get.

+- Marin, who hasn't really had a decent run of games. We could use a Pirlo-like player to the 2 midfielder slots and a striker.

The problem with signing him is that we already have moses,eden,mata,oscar and KDB for the band of three and i dont know how much playing time will mertens get.

I agree. we don't need him now - he has a tendency do do an Eden/Mata and fall inside into the 10 position when on the wing. Also, we need two things in the middle/pivot I guess. 'something' powerful that can break it down, run and track upcoming guys + 'something' with vision and a great pas forward!

+- Marin, who hasn't really had a decent run of games.

Tbh i dont think he will be here next season.

Also, we need two things in the middle/pivot I guess. 'something' powerful that can break it down, run and track upcoming guys + 'something' with vision and a great pas forward!

Capoue and benat/cabaye.

I can see him going to spurs or everton next season, they are tracking him.

He is indeed really good, but despite his tons of assists, he is really a bit too greedy and cut inside too often.

I saw "he's got the technique of hazard" def no, but he is fast but not as gifted as hazard. But, he is an all round very good product and i'm sure next year he will scores goal in EPL but not for chelsea for sure.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You