Dries Mertens

Atholy

The next big thing in Holland (and of course Belgium!)

he already scored 11 goals in only 7 matches + gave 3 assists.

Together with Eden Hazard, Mertens is seen as the biggest talent in Belgium at the moment.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Lukaku the biggest talent along with Hazard at the moment? And then de Bruyne?!

Problem is we kinda have a lot of young talents at the moment B) .

Lukaku sure is one of them. But he, just like De Bruyne, is very young and still have to wait for their moments to really break through on the big stage.

Both Mertens & especially Hazard have proven they're absolutely ready to measure themselves with the best in Europe at this moment.

btw. to sum things up about talents in belgium:

Goalkeepers: Courtois, Mignolet

Defenders: Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Alderweirld, Lombaerts

Midfielders: Witsel, Defour, Fellaini

Wingers: Hazard, Mertens, Dembele, Debruyne, Chadli, El-Ghanassy

Attackers: Lukaku, Mirallas, Vossen

Still to come Thorgan Hazard (eden's brother), Jordan Lukaku (romelu's brother), Dennis Praet & as far as I've heard 2 of the very best youngsters in Europe: Charly Mussonda Jr & Zakaria Bakkali.

The future surely looks bright for Belgian Football!!! :delight:

Don't know much about him and never watched him play so I'll reserve my judgement. Still, from what I've heard I would be happy if we signed him.

Problem is we kinda have a lot of young talents at the moment B) .

Lukaku sure is one of them. But he, just like De Bruyne, is very young and still have to wait for their moments to really break through on the big stage.

Both Mertens & especially Hazard have proven they're absolutely ready to measure themselves with the best in Europe at this moment.

btw. to sum things up about talents in belgium:

Still to come Thorgan Hazard (eden's brother), Jordan Lukaku (romelu's brother), Dennis Praet & as far as I've heard 2 of the very best youngsters in Europe: Charly Mussonda Jr & Zakaria Bakkali.

The future surely looks bright for Belgian Football!!! :delight:

Shit! What the hell did ya do to your players, I wanna do the same to ours :D

Really, the future for Belgian football really looks bright :)

p.s. not that Serbia doesn't have great talents, just...

A bit confusing thread, tought this was only for players linked in some way to Cfc..

Mertens is class atm, you wouldn't say he played two years ago in Dutch second division!! If he stay like this PSV will grab some good money for him in a short matter of time.

I wonder when Dennis Praet gets his chance at Anderlecht, a lot of promise from this youngster (who they stole from us :doh: ) He won some nice awards on big youth tournaments last year.

And just read that Real Madrid bought a 15y old Belgian goalie from Marbella, he can prove himself at the youth and compares himself with the style of Courtois, youn and big.

http://www.belgiumsoccer.be/nieuws/lees/2011-10-09/real-madrid-haalt-belgisch-talent-voor-3000-euro

What about Rits?

Rits is at Ajax now, always seen as a big prospect but didn't get to much playtime atm.. still work in progress for him :)

Always brillina in FM and CM though, here's hoping he can do the same and Chelsea buy with in a double deal with Erikson :D

Off -topic: nice to see you around agian mate ;)

On-Topic: I don't think we 'need' him, another striker which we already have alot of options for.

• 3 months later...

Read a article today were Dries says he's not busy with the rumours about him and Cfc ???

He didn't had any official contact , so just a silly rumour. And he is not even 6 months at PSV yet , he is certainly not leaving anyway. Btw I don't think Mertens is made to play in the EPL , it's a very physic competition , he would fit more in the spanish league.

• 5 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You