Jose Bosingwa is...

You're clearly deluded...

You have no idea what you're talking about, let alone what I'm talking about...

Where in blue blazes was I even "comparing the defending qualities of wingers to a fullback"?

Btw...please reply, I'm quite enjoying this even if it is a massive waste of time...

If you aren't comparing Malouda/Mata's defending to Bosingwa's, then you must be comparing Ash to Bosingwa or Mata/Malouda to themselves. Which is retarded. Ash is twice the player Bosingwa is, everywhere on the pitch and in any situation. As for wingers have to cooperate with the FB, yes thats true, but its an irrelevant comparison considering Mata and Malouda played both wings and Bosingwa got lit up the whole game. He did well to get back and not allow too many clean crossing opportunities (wish that was always the case) but he was also playing against guys that are less athletic and physical than those in the league.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aren't comparing Malouda/Mata's defending to Bosingwa's, then you must be comparing Ash to Bosingwa or Mata/Malouda to themselves. Which is retarded. Ash is twice the player Bosingwa is, everywhere on the pitch and in any situation. As for wingers have to cooperate with the FB, yes thats true, but its an irrelevant comparison considering Mata and Malouda played both wings and Bosingwa got lit up the whole game. He did well to get back and not allow too many clean crossing opportunities (wish that was always the case) but he was also playing against guys that are less athletic and physical than those in the league.

Listen cupcake, that's all I was trying to state in my post.

There was no, as you say "retarded", comparison in my post. You yourself don't seem retarded, so if you take a good look at my post again you will find that I merely cited an example...

On second thought...scratch that. I have my doubts so I will cite my example again and modify it so it makes mores sense (to you):

Do you think Ashley Cole (and Bosingwa in the previous leg) single-handedly fended off Dani Alves and Messi in 2009?

Listen cupcake, that's all I was trying to state in my post.

There was no, as you say "retarded", comparison in my post. You yourself don't seem retarded, so if you take a good look at my post again you will find that I merely cited an example...

On second thought...scratch that. I have my doubts so I will cite my example again and modify it so it makes mores sense (to you):

Do you think Ashley Cole (and Bosingwa in the previous leg) single-handedly fended off Dani Alves and Messi in 2009?

I don't think any players in football do anything singlehanded. There aren't any situations like that except for spot kicks.

Exactly..but Bosingwa was having to do the job nearly alone, when the likes of Mathieu and Jordi Alba were combining well on Valencia's left flank...

Thats true and I don't think that game was a bad one for him defensively, because when they penetrated with 2 on 1 moves he usually recovered well and did what he could. The sad reality though is that this isn't typical of Bosingwa's performances. Also, consider the other side of the coin of Valencia's tactics with regards to Bosingwa: he should have been able to break out even easier and really get forward between Mathieu and Alba because of the space they were leaving, but he didn't read the play well enough or find good enough positions. If Bos was a little bit bigger/stronger or had a bit of a better tactical/positional awareness he would be twice the player than he is. Regrettably that isn't the case which is why he's a middle of the park player strictly.

Thats true and I don't think that game was a bad one for him defensively, because when they penetrated with 2 on 1 moves he usually recovered well and did what he could. The sad reality though is that this isn't typical of Bosingwa's performances. Also, consider the other side of the coin of Valencia's tactics with regards to Bosingwa: he should have been able to break out even easier and really get forward between Mathieu and Alba because of the space they were leaving, but he didn't read the play well enough or find good enough positions.

That's open for debate...Yes he could have got forward more; I will agree he didn't do much further forward in that match, but then again I don't think many wing-backs could have done so without leaving the right side in danger during a counter attack from the opposition. Also the space you mentioned would be available only on the counter. Bosingwa was having enough trouble just clearing the ball whenever they came forward, so it was definitely a tough ask to get him to defend and counter at the same time....

That's open for debate...Yes he could have got forward more; I will agree he didn't do much further forward in that match, but then again I don't think many wing-backs could have done so without leaving the right side in danger during a counter attack from the opposition. Also the space you mentioned would be available only on the counter. Bosingwa was having enough trouble just clearing the ball whenever they came forward, so it was definitely a tough ask to get him to defend and counter at the same time....

It was as tough on Mathieu as it was on Bosingwa though, that tactic. Which is the point I'm making, there's 2 sides to the coin. Top footballers are not made victims, they find the spaces, timing and rhythm in order to exploit the opponents moves. Bosingwa doesn't possess such a tactical mind for the game. What he is is an extremely explosive athlete who plays with a lot of courage and determination, plus has a nice complement of skills... for me he is like the Joe Cole of the right touchline. What we need in a RB is not someone with those characteristics as much as we need someone that can analyze and exploit the opposition, as well as use their wits to know when to take risks and when to be more conservative. For all his assets, Bosingwa doesn't possess those qualities.

It was as tough on Mathieu as it was on Bosingwa though, that tactic. Which is the point I'm making, there's 2 sides to the coin. Top footballers are not made victims, they find the spaces, timing and rhythm in order to exploit the opponents moves. Bosingwa doesn't possess such a tactical mind for the game. What he is is an extremely explosive athlete who plays with a lot of courage and determination, plus has a nice complement of skills... for me he is like the Joe Cole of the right touchline. What we need in a RB is not someone with those characteristics as much as we need someone that can analyze and exploit the opposition, as well as use their wits to know when to take risks and when to be more conservative. For all his assets, Bosingwa doesn't possess those qualities.

Yeah..he probably needs a bit more of that..

But then again when you have coaches like AVB or Guus Hiddink constantly giving him directions and tactics to use, his game improves...And he has improved this season from the last one...

Yeah..he probably needs a bit more of that..

But then again when you have coaches like AVB or Guus Hiddink constantly giving him directions and tactics to use, his game improves...And he has improved this season from the last one...

I don't agree at all. As a player he's already in his peak years, for me he's a finished product and won't get any better really. Also, his knees improved, not so much his talent or thinking. The injuries he had abt a year ago really hampered his game, but even at 100% condition he's not the type of RB we need. We need a Ramos or VDW type that is intelligent and strong but not afraid to take risks, and has technical quality. Someone that offers a bit of what Brane does and a bit of what Bos does... If we could get someone like that, and a top shelf center mid that can play a bit over to the right and is decent in the hole, we could take out any club in the world.

I don't agree at all. As a player he's already in his peak years, for me he's a finished product and won't get any better really. Also, his knees improved, not so much his talent or thinking. The injuries he had abt a year ago really hampered his game, but even at 100% condition he's not the type of RB we need. We need a Ramos or VDW type that is intelligent and strong but not afraid to take risks, and has technical quality. Someone that offers a bit of what Brane does and a bit of what Bos does... If we could get someone like that, and a top shelf center mid that can play a bit over to the right and is decent in the hole, we could take out any club in the world.

Just when I though we were finally seeing eye to eye... :doh:

I'm not talking about that kind of improvement. I meant the difference between him playing stupid and playing with common sense. Last season he was terrible without any sort of guidance or instruction, this season his game has improved, partly because AVB is a good tactician and maybe partly because he's a Portuguese as well...I just said he's that kind of player..If he relied on his natural instinct every time, he might have made for a terrible right back...

.......Chels most improved player.He has just been getting better and better.

He's not perfect and yes he does get occasionally caught out with high balls to the far post, but this season he's been fairly solid defensively and very good going forward.

Glad to hear we're looking to extend his contract.He's definitely benefited from a Portuguese coach, better fitness condition and the power of Ramires. He doesn't concern me half as much as he did last season and my confidence grows in him. :yes:

Just when I though we were finally seeing eye to eye... :doh:

I'm not talking about that kind of improvement. I meant the difference between him playing stupid and playing with common sense. Last season he was terrible without any sort of guidance or instruction, this season his game has improved, partly because AVB is a good tactician and maybe partly because he's a Portuguese as well...I just said he's that kind of player..If he relied on his natural instinct every time, he might have made for a terrible right back...

Last season his injuries made him fatigued and affected his mentality in my opinion. Now he's healthy and also has the Portuguese manager, his confidence is high which is great... I just don't think he's really evolving as a player though nor will he.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a shame, considering his crosses were always bloody spot on, never failed in delivering and defending...

Finally place for Ivanovic, now it is time to prove his quality and make RB position his place.