Jose Bosingwa is...

You're criticizing Bosingwa for his defending and then you go and mention Micah Richards ffs. Oh and if you think some of Bosingwa's performances at the back have been bad this season go and watch Phil Jones against Basel the other day. He gets tons of hype and praise from the English press but there's a reason United's defense has been extremely shaky so far this season.

I think Bosingwa has played very well this season much improved from last season anyway. Sure he's prone to the odd brainfart and his crossing is incredibly inconsistent but I think he's more than made up for all of that with his contribution going forward this season. A goal and 3/4 assists so far this season isn't it?

If he can keep his concentration for 90 minutes this season and be more consistent with his delivery he would easily be the best RB in the League.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bosingwa has to have the worst positional awareness/tracking/marking ability on the team, including our forwards. He was played behind countless times and was lucky not to concede a goal. Like a 10 year old, he follows the ball whenever a pass is made and his first step always takes him out of position. Teams know how to bait him into forgetting about his mark running down the wing, then play a diagonal ball directly where they just baited Bosingwa from to a player running down the wing. Rinse, and repeat. Thankfully, Valencia didn’t have many players follow forward or crash the middle, so most crosses were collected by Cech or cleared away harmlessly. Against a more clinical opponent, Chelsea would have been in real trouble. A little visual aid to show you how badly Bosingwa was beat on his side throughout the game against valencia.

Valencia_Exploiting_Bosingwa.png

Bosingwa has to have the worst positional awareness/tracking/marking ability on the team, including our forwards. He was played behind countless times and was lucky not to concede a goal. Like a 10 year old, he follows the ball whenever a pass is made and his first step always takes him out of position. Teams know how to bait him into forgetting about his mark running down the wing, then play a diagonal ball directly where they just baited Bosingwa from to a player running down the wing. Rinse, and repeat. Thankfully, Valencia didn’t have many players follow forward or crash the middle, so most crosses were collected by Cech or cleared away harmlessly. Against a more clinical opponent, Chelsea would have been in real trouble. A little visual aid to show you how badly Bosingwa was beat on his side throughout the game against valencia.

Thank you. That is exactly what I meant about him leaving the defense exposed many, many times. And keep in mind that Luiz was playing at the back and was quick to cover for him countless times. If it had been Iva playing at the back we would've undoubtedly conceded more.

Valencies left side absolutely destroyed te right side of barca while against us they couldn't. Now Bosingwa was good against Valencia.

I think now that Kalous days are numbered we are looking for the someone new to bash around

It's alright when he goes forward when we play against a weaker opposition, but against Barca or United who have fast wingers we would be screwed like hell. Bos is good, but not world class like Ash. Problem is that finding a good right back is really hard today. They are either out of form, too old, too expensive, too injury prone or they wouldn't join us. Perhaps we could snatch Sagna if Arse collapse...

I like Ivanovic of course and he's done great as a RB, but AVB has shown us already what kind of right back he wants and where does he plan to use Brana.

Still, Bos is alright. He is not the best right back in the league, but he is certainly around there somewhere. This season he has improved and I believe we'll be fine this season with him if he stays fit. Look at United, they play without a right back and yet have loads of success. Smalling and Jones? They are good, but they're not right backs.

So keep the faith and support him instead of bashing him ;)

Oh and I forgot, his monobrow is epic :D

50509_116261755690_481872_n.jpg

Can you also tell me how many times Mata/Malouda tracked back when Valencia was double-teaming on Bosingwa. And how many attacks down their left were actually successful?

Can you also tell me how many times Mata/Malouda tracked back when Valencia was double-teaming on Bosingwa. And how many attacks down their left were actually successful?

Mata/Malouda are defenders? You learn new thing everyday I guess.

Bosingwa isn't near the quality of Ashley in either end of the pitch, and we have a squad stacked with box-to-box players.

Just so you stop mentioning that in every post you make, I'll have you know that I do watch games, and almost all of them for the whole 90 mins + injury time.

Now, in our most recent games the play has become more fluid and there is a lot more thinking involved in the build-up play. In the earlier games (I take it you have seen them), especially during the last days of the Carlo's management, there was a lack of imagination in the build-up, and most of the time the play ends with a random cross into the box, especially before we scored the first goal in the match. And whenever the ball moved to the right side, Bosingwa would be the one to whip it in, to usually no avail.

Whether there's a better RB out there...I'm not saying that's false, but you're quick to criticize the one we do have and that too for the wrong reasons (In my opinion)..

As for insults, there's nothing personal regarding anything I've posted..If you get upset by words thrown around on an internet forum then its your problem...

Bosingwa was the one who would end up with the ball because all the defenses slide to the right (our left) to block off Malouda and Lampard (now Mata as well). Our system relies on the RB to provide width and balls in because of this. TO that end, Bos simply is not good enough in the final third and he never has been that type of incisive technical player. He is an athlete type who's strong burst of speed, agility and decent touch does him well in the middle of the park. But as a defender in the final third he is too light, and lacking awareness as well as technique when it comes to marking and tackling. In the final third he is also too weak to hold onto the ball if the cross isn't there and not good enough technically to get into quality positions or provide a creative influence from the right corner area. His abilities in the middle on the right side are negated by Ramires' effectiveness, who himself offers the same as Bos but is younger and better at the role.

We'd do much better to have a better technician and sharper thinker at RB, we don't need an athlete over there with the guys we have in the midfield.

Mata/Malouda are defenders? You learn new thing everyday I guess.

Bosingwa isn't near the quality of Ashley in either end of the pitch, and we have a squad stacked with box-to-box players.

And you wonder why my comments feel insulting...

As for your question:

No they aren't. Neither is Frank Lampard. But that doesn't keep him from tracking back and making tackles does it?

Now if we had a Ronaldinho on the team who makes sure that he'll never lose the ball when flying up the wing, then I couldn't care less whether he tracked back or not. But we dont. We do lose the ball higher up the pitch sometimes, and its necessary for our attacker to track back and help, especially if the opposition winger and full-back team up...

Get a clue next time...

And you wonder why my comments feel insulting...

As for your question:

No they aren't. Neither is Frank Lampard. But that doesn't keep him from tracking back and making tackles does it?

Now if we had a Ronaldinho on the team who makes sure that he'll never lose the ball when flying up the wing, then I couldn't care less whether he tracked back or not. But we dont. We do lose the ball higher up the pitch sometimes, and its necessary for our attacker to track back and help, especially if the opposition winger and full-back team up...

Get a clue next time...

You aren't making sense. Let me inform you of something: in the game of football, wingers are one of the least defensively responsible players. There's a reason for that. Bosingwa is a defender. He is NOT a winger.

Act like you know something, buddy.

You aren't making sense. Let me inform you of something: in the game of football, wingers are one of the least defensively responsible players. There's a reason for that. Bosingwa is a defender. He is NOT a winger.

Act like you know something, buddy.

Ah...but you do agree that they have at least "some" defensive responsibility.

Now I don't know if you were watching just the highlight reels, but there are clips of the match which can actually show you Malouda walking back when when two of their players were attacking down the right flank in that match.

Winger and full-back have to work in tandem, when the opposition is particularly strong on one side. Do you think Ashley Cole single-handedly fended off Dani Alves and Messi in 2009?

Ah...but you do agree that they have at least "some" defensive responsibility.

Now I don't know if you were watching just the highlight reels, but there are clips of the match which can actually show you Malouda walking back when when two of their players were attacking down the right flank in that match.

Winger and full-back have to work in tandem, when the opposition is particularly strong on one side. Do you think Ashley Cole single-handedly fended off Dani Alves and Messi in 2009?

You're comparing the defending qualities of wingers to a fullback. Whats the phrase I'm looking for here.... "get a clue"

You're comparing the defending qualities of wingers to a fullback. Whats the phrase I'm looking for here.... "get a clue"

You're clearly deluded...

You have no idea what you're talking about, let alone what I'm talking about...

Where in blue blazes was I even "comparing the defending qualities of wingers to a fullback"?

Btw...please reply, I'm quite enjoying this even if it is a massive waste of time...