Jose Bosingwa is...

OUR DEFENSIVE WEAK LINK.

i think most on this forum are in favour of him and rate him, just wanted to see if anyone else agress with me that he is not good enough!

Don't really have the time to write all my reasons but i will back up my statement if theres big disagreement.

I can't help but feel its the fact that hes portugese that he gets the nod over playing...

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole.

I understand today may have been an acception due to Luiz's 120 minutes in the Carling Cup, but i just don't rate him highly enough to be starting in our defence.

Poor tackler and Poor Marker (At fault for the goal conceded today and most other goals conceded from crossed balls)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...a full-back.

What do you expect him to be, a miracle worker? He's competent both defensively and going forward, if you want defensive rigidity go for Ivanovic, if you want an attacking flair then Bosingwa is your man.

He can't be both.

Jesus christ everyone is overreacting over one mistake from a free kick. He was solid in defence today, he played well, bad crosses, but he's made good crosses too, that's something he can't change, but defensivly on that set piece he can change, because all he needed to do was go forward and clear it, AVB will sort that out, just like AVB told him to make a more defensive approach, and he did. He's played brilliant in his games before this one, it's been his worst performance yes, but he had a solid game. It's crazy in my opinion how you are overreacting from this.

Wasn't having a dig at AVB, im as big a fan as any of him, just thinking of reasons

I understand the full-back argument but i just think hes too clumsy (especially defensively) but also the majority of the time when attacking, watched the game today on a stream and he had about 5 simple crosses within the opening 20 minutes that which he either rolled to the opposition or sliced into the shed end,

When he gets it right, fair play to him, but i don't feel hes consistent enough, and whilst we concede so many from set pieces/aerial balls i think its safer to have Brana there, who also attacks pretty well and is a lot more consistent both defensively and in playing the simple cross/pass.

I know full-backs arent expected to be top class defenders at all times, but with the attacking force we have and the offering of Ash as an attacking full back i just feel we need that extra defensive support and then we still have the pace and movement of Meireles,Ramires,Ashley,Sturridge/Nico,Mata to work the wings and accelarate up-field.

Edited by wisey11zola25

He is a wing-back, Ivanovic is a full-back when played at right... AVB likes wing-backs in his game plan. Cole was a great signing by us, he's one of the few who is good at both going forward and defending. Rarely do you see somebody who is the full package and at world class standard. If Bosingwa sorted his crossing out, I'd have nothing against him and he'd easily be considered a world class wing-back... that's the most irritating part of his game, he crosses often and everytime I can tell after it's leaving his boot if the cross is headed for shit.

...a full-back.

What do you expect him to be, a miracle worker? He's competent both defensively and going forward, if you want defensive rigidity go for Ivanovic, if you want an attacking flair then Bosingwa is your man.

He can't be both.

Yeah, but the point is that lately Bosingwa isnt so good as attacking full-back should be - his crosses are far from average, and he looses the ball sometimes upfront.

If you ask me, Branislav over Bosingwa.

He's been much better this season but for the long term we definitely need to get someone better

completely agree with that, i was hyping him in pre-season ready for AVB to get the best out of him, i beleive he's improved but hes still not of a high enough level to start for a club like us, but as a lot of people say its hard to find a RB that can defend/attack well consistently, just feel the likes of Chris Smalling playing well for United shows top clubs realise the stereotypical 'slim small pacy right back' is not working all the time' i think Brana will do a job there as well as anyone can, can't think of who will be bought in, but im sure that'll be our next move in January or the End of Season market