The Arsenal connection?

Blue Armour

There was a big difference between us last weekend and us in previous years. We used to be Solid, with players like Mikel, Essien, Ballack, Lampard and Makelele in midfield but this time it was a lot weaker but more technically gifted. I thought about Arsenal tbh, we did play like Arsenal when they played such nice football against the big sides but ultimately were not strong enough and therefore lost. I really don't know why Mikel didn't play on Sunday but we needed that steel in there to balance it and we didn't really have it. Lampard is almost at an end, Ramires is crafty, quick and skillful but couldn't kick snow off a rope, Meireles is technically sound too but not very big in physique and then it was Mata, Torres and Sturridge, again.... not strong enough.

We played very well at Old Trafford but coulda eventually lost 5 or 6-1 because we could not get Rooney, Nani and most of their top players off the ball, i'd not seen Chelsea like this for a really long time. Now i know we had to go for it so gaps were inevitable but we were still getting cut through much too easily.

I'm hugely excited by the future and our football but i hope we don't abandon the physical side of the game completely because we're renown for being a very tough team to score against and break down. Against Stoke, i was impressed greatly because we showed both sides to the coin, we cut them open and withstood everything they threw at us but against Man Utd we were fucking weak, Nani tore us to shreads if i'm honest and Rooney, when he came deep was just not getting tackled with any intent. I just hope we don't turn into another Arsenal but i genuinely believe we'll be fine because we do still have Essien and Mikel and can balance it up more than them. We missed Essien hugely on Sunday and Mikel really should've played.

We're on the right path though to get a very complete team. This year may be a bit too early but this era is just beginning and i strongly believe in a year or 2+ we'll be a huge danger to everyone when the jigsaw is complete.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense splitting through balls for all of Torres's chances were very Barcelona'esque.

I wouldn't say we were like Arsenal cus we have a striker finding his form and the refereeing was dismal.

If only Torres was form and Ramirez had finished his chances we would have hit 3 in the first half.

But we know that they have to come to the bridge and by then we should be very fluid and crisp. Hopefully we bang in 5 against them and two of those goals result from a very dubious penalties decision.

I give praise where it needs to be giving praise!

I rather do that, then say i hate him, or call him names like a lot of people do here....

People do insult other teams on this forum quite stupidly, and i have done it when Chelsea lose. But you just praise every other team except Chelsea, especially Man City, sometimes i can't believe you're actually on a Chelsea forum.

Any other day we'd have wiped the floor with them. The media are making a big deal out of Manure humping everyone in sight. That was a freak game that had quite a lot of major incidents go against us.

We're nothing like Arsenal imo.......Our tactics were spot on, the stats show that.

The tactics wernt spot on, you have to give credit to United, we didn't totally thrash them like we make out we did. Yes both of there goals were offside i know, but i think they were better in the first half, second half we played much better, and overall in the game we were the better team. But once again like in our past matches we were the ones to get everything wrong as usual... and then we always end up resolving the situation and making dire subs. That's the reason we always concede first to United then score later on in the match and play better. United always start better than us. But i agree were nothing like Arsenal, before i thought Arsenal were actually better than us when it comes to attacking, but what we did at Old Trafford they couldn't of done, there chances where because United were complacent and new they were gonna win.

Though i must say our defending at Old Trafford was pretty similar to Arsenals, not as bad but we were open all the time, and there was poor communication in it.

Guest justin_3d

People do insult other teams on this forum quite stupidly, and i have done it when Chelsea lose. But you just praise every other team except Chelsea, especially Man City, sometimes i can't believe you're actually on a Chelsea forum.

I praise Man City? Really?

Example???

Cause last time i was criticizing Mancini this is what you said:

The way City have been playing despite the two last games, it shows they can win the league, there squad is just amazing, but you somehow turn a blind eye to him when they play well, but when they play bad that's when he starts coming into it. I don't think he's a bad manager at all.

Edited by justin_3d

I praise Man City? Really?

Example???

Cause last time i was criticizing Mancini this is what you said:

So if you love City you have to love Mancini too?, not at all, many people hated Carlo last season but loved Chelsea. And example??? really???, ask anyone on this forum!, they know how you constantly defend Man City all the time something is thrown at them, if someone goes on about the club, you go blah blah blah it's not true all this shit. I made a point stating many Man City supporters on Bluemoon FC are ignorant, you said i make you laugh and everyone has ignorant supporters, yes everyone does, but ever been on Blue moon?, well then you would know. But of course you'd just deny it, there's Man U supporters who are clever and many of them arent too bad to be honest, same goes for Arsenal supporters. Yes some on here are cunts, i bet an arsenal fan would call Bluelion a cunt. But all you do is defend City about anything, any the best person you can ask who i know is Terminator X, who has had lots of arguments with you defending City, even a lot of people of brought up how you go on about how good city are and Chelsea are going down the toilet. I wouldn't mind it to be honest, but the way how you defend them, and go on as if there a club with massive history is pretty frightning to be honest.

Guest justin_3d

So if you love City you have to love Mancini too?, not at all, many people hated Carlo last season but loved Chelsea. And example??? really???, ask anyone on this forum!, they know how you constantly defend Man City all the time something is thrown at them, if someone goes on about the club, you go blah blah blah it's not true all this shit. I made a point stating many Man City supporters on Bluemoon FC are ignorant, you said i make you laugh and everyone has ignorant supporters, yes everyone does, but ever been on Blue moon?, well then you would know. But of course you'd just deny it, there's Man U supporters who are clever and many of them arent too bad to be honest, same goes for Arsenal supporters. Yes some on here are cunts, i bet an arsenal fan would call Bluelion a cunt. But all you do is defend City about anything, any the best person you can ask who i know is Terminator X, who has had lots of arguments with you defending City, even a lot of people of brought up how you go on about how good city are and Chelsea are going down the toilet. I wouldn't mind it to be honest, but the way how you defend them, and go on as if there a club with massive history is pretty frightning to be honest.

It seems you are lost my friend.

How can you confuse praise with DEFEND?

lol

I praise SAF cause he is the best coach i ever seen!

I praise Barcelona cause they are the best team i ever seen play!

Now i defend City for the right to spend and be like us with their rich owners.

I defend their wanting to spend on players.

Get the difference?

It seems you are lost my friend.

How can you confuse praise with DEFEND?

lol

I praise SAF cause he is the best coach i ever seen!

I praise Barcelona cause they are the best team i ever seen play!

Now i defend City for the right to spend and be like us with their rich owners.

I defend their wanting to spend on players.

Get the difference?

No your the lost one calling me friend. You don't praise City at all, you defend them when other people are stating an opinion about them, if it's bad you'll jump in and go at them, if it's good you will probs give them a thumbs up. You say you praise all these other teams such as Arsenal, Man U, Barcelona, sorry but you don't, i never see it happening. And if it does it's no where near the amount of times you do for City, you clearly have a soft spot for them.

Edited by Sloth

Guest justin_3d

No your the lost one calling me friend. You don't praise City at all, you defend them when other people are stating an opinion about them, if it's bad you'll jump in and go at them, if it's good you will probs give them a thumbs up. You say you praise all these other teams such as Arsenal, Man U, Barcelona, sorry but you don't, i never see it happening. And if it does it's no where near the amount of times you do for City, you clearly have a soft spot for them.

2mozeit.jpg

Tommy is a big fan of Arsenal and Barcelona, and also roots for Spurs and Portsmouth, says SAF is the best manager (despite shooting DB with a shoe) and to top it off is anti-semitic... yet he's a TC legend :D Justin says some good words about them, he's a spy in disguise and a traitor

Edited by manpe

2mozeit.jpg

I was meant to of put Chelsea to be honest, i made a mistake. I'm a clumsy typer and i can't help it. However no matter how stupid i am at expressing it, i know i'm right, and i'm pretty sure 90 percent of the people on this forum know you have a soft side for man city.

Guest justin_3d

I was meant to of put Chelsea to be honest, i made a mistake. I'm a clumsy typer and i can't help it. However no matter how stupid i am at expressing it, i know i'm right, and i'm pretty sure 90 percent of the people on this forum know you have a soft side for man city.

Dude your whole argument was that i praise City.

Then you say i don't praise City.

End of discussion!

Tommy is a big fan of Arsenal and Barcelona, and also roots for Spurs and Portsmouth, says SAF is the best manager and is anti-semitic... yet he's a TC legend :D Justin says some good words about them, he's a spy in disguise and a traitor

Tommy has a way with words..

Justin however, comes across as a persistent, uncompromising, self righteous tumor. He's usually wrong but won't ever realise it, 45 pages and 20 of his 'funny pics' later and nothing changes.

Dude your whole argument was that i praise City.

Then you say i don't praise City.

End of discussion!

Okay since your just being tight at the moment i'll say this, i'm saying you have a soft spot for City, you praise them way too much, much more than Chelsea or any other team it's just not normal, but then when someone posts something bad about City, you defend them anytime and anywere you can and wont have a bad word said about them. Fair enough you hate mancini but doesn't mean you hate man city just because of the manager. I know i can't express what i say, and i'll admit that, i make stupid mistakes all the time, but you know what i'm meaning to say, however your just taking the advantage of the way i type, but it's all good, just go for it and try to prove me wrong.

Justin however, comes across as a persistent, uncompromising, self righteous tumor. He's usually wrong but won't ever realise it, 45 pages and 20 of his 'funny pics' later and nothing changes.

A mere rep point doesn't do this post justice %28Y%29.gif

Guest justin_3d

I'll take that.

It is why i never was any good in speech class! :lol:

Guest justin_3d

Okay since your just being tight at the moment i'll say this, i'm saying you have a soft spot for City, you praise them way too much, much more than Chelsea or any other team it's just not normal, but then when someone posts something bad about City, you defend them anytime and anywere you can and wont have a bad word said about them. Fair enough you hate mancini but doesn't mean you hate man city just because of the manager. I know i can't express what i say, and i'll admit that, i make stupid mistakes all the time, but you know what i'm meaning to say, however your just taking the advantage of the way i type, but it's all good, just go for it and try to prove me wrong.

Nope i never praise them.

Get that straight. I might defend them, yes, but praise is only reserve to those who merit it!

City does not deserves no praise, because they are expected to produce results for the amount of money they spend.

And as far as soft spot, i know i mention that i have a soft spot for every team.

I am not a guy to hate on a team or player.

I want to see competition. Play against the best of the best.

Not beat some mediocre team and be happy with that.