Nachtblut

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blue,

What makes you think any top player will sign with Manures?

Do you think Cavani, Zeus or Shaw want to be without the CL competition for years?

But you have to think for players that United court, are they going to think "for years"? This is the first time in a long time they've failed to reach 4th, but United as a club will have a brand that will attract players regardless. They've got that power of being "Manchester United" and that name alone will allow them to still sign top starts that can allow them to mount a title charge.

Why am I a bitter United fan?

Your being naive thinking United is really that far away. 4 key signings is good enough for them to fight for top 4 and title. Liverpool have a shit backline and a subpar CM combo. So, when we went to Old trafford, we drew United when they were all fit..Somehow, they are that far away from title contention though....

So, if Eden Hazard was injured for a long period of time, you really think we would be in title contention this season? Take away Suarez, you really think Liverpool would be anywhere near title contention? United's two best players were injured long term this season.

24 posts, called Nike and defending United to the hilt……That why I think you are a bitter United fan…..get me?

United could make 4 signings, but they need a manager, 4 signings and a unity. And Chelsea, City and Liverpool will have kicked on…...

Nike is right here. United are weaker than ever, but not so weak that with a few signings they wouldn't be a top 4 side again. Yea, they've got a weak center midfield, but they've had that for years & managed to win titles - not just last season. 'If _____ than they could've ____' is always a weak argument but there's no doubting that their goal machines being injured was a major factor in their slip this season.

Like Liverpool showed, a few astute signings for scoring goals (rather than defending) minus the obligations of Europe will allow them to mount a title/top-4 charge immediately next season.

Players aren't enough. They don't have a working system, in fact, they don't have any system at the moment. They are in the biggest transition since probably forever. Manager wise, players wise, even "footballing phylosophy" wise (can't see them continuing with 4-4-2 and two traditional wingers much longer). That's not something that can be patched up over summer.

IMO, they'll be in the race for top 4 next season, but win the PL? Not a chance.

United could make 4 signings, but they need a manager, 4 signings and a unity. And Chelsea, City and Liverpool will have kicked on…...

But you make it sound like they've been in a state of years. They've had one blip, but that core of ex-players who they've brought in will ensure that Unity. They'll certainly attract a top manager, I don't doubt this at all.. All these big names are dismissing them now, but it'll be a more interesting story come summer.

I still don't think we've heard the last from Klopp.

24 posts, called Nike and defending United to the hilt……That why I think you are a bitter United fan…..get me?

So, let me get this straight.

If United lined up in lets say

Raphael- smalling-jones-lb?

Carrick/Gundogan-imbula/carvalho

Nani/Adnan-Kagawa/Mata-Reus/Welback

RVP/Rooney

They can't fight for a title or top 4?

Players aren't enough. They don't have a working system, in fact, they don't have any system at the moment. They are in the biggest transition since probably forever. Manager wise, players wise, even "footballing phylosophy" wise (can't see them continuing with 4-4-2 and two traditional wingers much longer). That's not something that can be patched up over summer.

IMO, they'll be in the race for top 4 next season, but win the PL? Not a chance.

What system did we exactly have?

What football philosophy did we have?

That's the thing though, it's easier because they don't have a system. Remember why it was hard for anyone to manage us post-Mourinho? It's because our system from Mou was still haunting every manager who came because those players were still here.

United's Fergie players are going and that's why they've chosen to get rid of Moyes now. Because this summer, whoever's in charge will literally build his own system and philosophy. Indeed I don't think think they'll win the title, but they'll challenge long into it and will be in the CL too, at the expense of Arsenal.

But you have to think for players that United court, are they going to think "for years"? This is the first time in a long time they've failed to reach 4th, but United as a club will have a brand that will attract players regardless. They've got that power of being "Manchester United" and that name alone will allow them to still sign top starts that can allow them to mount a title charge.

Manures may court anybody. Cavani, Shaw, Reus,

The brand does not attract top players. Money & competition do. Why fuck around the old truckford for a year or two if you can play for a club competing for major trophies?

As for your MU name, even Liverpool was a major club & it took them 24 years to be close for the PL title.

But you make it sound like they've been in a state of years. They've had one blip, but that core of ex-players who they've brought in will ensure that Unity. They'll certainly attract a top manager, I don't doubt this at all.. All these big names are dismissing them now, but it'll be a more interesting story come summer.

I still don't think we've heard the last from Klopp.

One year in football is a long time, ask Moyes. A season they have had is a huge blip, outside the top four, no CL, no manager and little direction is a problem, don't you think?

Why am I a bitter United fan?

Your being naive thinking United is really that far away. 4 key signings is good enough for them to fight for top 4 and title. Liverpool have a shit backline and a subpar CM combo. So, when we went to Old trafford, we drew United when they were all fit..Somehow, they are that far away from title contention though....

So, if Eden Hazard was injured for a long period of time, you really think we would be in title contention this season? Take away Suarez, you really think Liverpool would be anywhere near title contention? United's two best players were injured long term this season.

until the last 2 seasons RVP was an injury walking and Rooney is increasingly injury prone... perhaps Giggs is a faith healer .... or do you know who is coming in .

those saying Manure will be back next year ..vaguely talk about a "a few astute signings " It must be oh soooo simple . I must try FM soon .

Manures may court anybody. Cavani, Shaw, Reus,

The brand does not attract top players. Money & competition do. Why fuck around the old truckford for a year or two if you can play for a club competing for major trophies?

As for your MU name, even Liverpool was a major club & it took them 24 years to be close for the PL title.

I believe you underestimate the brand. Of course, if it was Liverpool of last season where it had been that long without challenging then I'd agree wholeheartedly. But it's one season out. United have money too, there's no doubt about this, they make enough revenue to ignore their debt. They're giving Rooney £300,000/week, they definitely have money.

What system did we exactly have?

What football philosophy did we have?

When?

That's the thing though, it's easier because they don't have a system. Remember why it was hard for anyone to manage us post-Mourinho? It's because our system from Mou was still haunting every manager who came because those players were still here.

United's Fergie players are going and that's why they've chosen to get rid of Moyes now. Because this summer, whoever's in charge will literally build his own system and philosophy. Indeed I don't think think they'll win the title, but they'll challenge long into it and will be in the CL too, at the expense of Arsenal.

I'm not disagreeing that they can do this, just that they can do it in a few months. They'll need at least a full season. That's if the manager gets it right, especially in the signed players.

So, let me get this straight.

If United lined up in lets say

Raphael- smalling-jones-lb?

Carrick/Gundogan-imbula/carvalho

Nani/Adnan-Kagawa/Mata-Reus/Welback

RVP/Rooney

They can't fight for a title or top 4?

Where is the manager to buy those players? Or did you forget that?

You are not thinking are you, now shot me that manager that you will guess with next. :chai:

Out of the players you mentioned you have go three in Reus, Imbula/Carvalho and gundogan……United need more than that sunshine. :D

One year in football is a long time, ask Moyes. A season they have had is a huge blip, outside the top four, no CL, no manager and little direction is a problem, don't you think?

Yeah of course, it's been an awful season.

But unlike us, they'll probably actually wait to sign a manager before signing off on a transfer spree. So from a player point of view the club's already got the ambition to get back in their position of dominance & they'll have the manager. And of course a player can also dictate contract terms such as a "no champions league" clause for the following season (as rumoured Suarez holds.)

When?

I'm not disagreeing that they can do this, just that they can do it in a few months. They'll need at least a full season. That's if the manager gets it right, especially in the signed players.

Prior to mourinho coming in this season..

Also, United will get someone. A big name manager, not a flop like Moyes. Now that they understand the colossal failure of appointing a manager that needed time, they will go for someone big....

I hope I'm wrong, (sort of, because a part of me relishes competition with United as a top club) but I think they can get back up challenging as soon as next season.