Nachtblut

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reasons that I hate Man United

• The general arrogance that surrounds the club. In 2010/11 their website wrote about how 'Chelsea had a lucky victory yesterday' -has nothing to do with them
  • The constant media creaming over Scholes and Giggs
  • The ridiculous amount of deflected goals, own goals and goals coming from a defender slipping that they get
  • The amount of penalties that they get from dives
  • The way commentators have to give Rooney extra praise for the tiniest thing he does
  • The way that through their red tinted glasses the majority of Man U fans seem to think that there is a media bias against them when it is obvious that they are favoured by Sky Sports and the rest of the Murdoch Empire
  • The fact that so many Man U fans live in London and call us gloryhunters
  • The number of Man U fans that fill the pubs in my area- a long way from Manchester
  • The bitterness that the London Man U fans show towards Leeds and Liverpool despite not being from Manchester where the true Man U fans understand the rivalry between them
  • The lame excuses that some of them use to justify supporting Man U like 'my uncle once went to Manchester'
  • The fact that the media keep quiet over Giggs and Rooney affairs but not Terry's
  • Rio Ferdinand thinking that we booed him because of the Anton Ferdinand saga, failing to notice that it was because he kicked one of our stewards in anger when we beat them a few seasons ago
  • How they tell us that we were lucky to win the league in 2009/10 because Drogba was offside, yet they always fail to notice how Macheda used his hand about 4 times for their goal in that game
  • Fergie time

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!!! AGREE 100%!

I see Fergie is at it again today. You have to laugh, If he was our boss we would be lapping up the wind up's. Much in the same way we enjoyed the various off beat comments from Jose.....

Alex Ferguson: Manchester City get too many penalties at home

Comments (314)

Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned the number of penalties rivals Manchester City are given at home.

Since the start of the 2010-11 season City have been awarded 20 Premier League spot-kicks at home to Manchester United's 13.

However, last season United were given nine penalties at Old Trafford - one more than their neighbours.

Premier League home penalties since 2010-2011
  • Manchester City: 20
  • Manchester United: 13
  • Chelsea: 10
  • Fulham: 9
  • Newcastle United: 9

(Stats courtesy of Opta)

"If we got that number of penalty kicks there'd be an inquiry in the House of Commons," the United boss said.

"There'd be a protest."

Ferguson was speaking ahead of Sunday's Manchester derby at the Etihad Stadium, with his side three points ahead in first place.

Opta stats show that City have been awarded four penalties at home so far this Premier League season, scoring three. United have missed both of the two they have won at Old Trafford.

In the 2010-2011 Premier League season City were given six more home penalties than United, with a total of eight.

I see Fergie is at it again today. You have to laugh, If he was our boss we would be lapping up the wind up's. Much in the same way we enjoyed the various off beat comments from Jose.....

Alex Ferguson: Manchester City get too many penalties at home

Comments (314)

Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned the number of penalties rivals Manchester City are given at home.

Since the start of the 2010-11 season City have been awarded 20 Premier League spot-kicks at home to Manchester United's 13.

However, last season United were given nine penalties at Old Trafford - one more than their neighbours.

Premier League home penalties since 2010-2011
  • Manchester City: 20
  • Manchester United: 13
  • Chelsea: 10
  • Fulham: 9
  • Newcastle United: 9

(Stats courtesy of Opta)

"If we got that number of penalty kicks there'd be an inquiry in the House of Commons," the United boss said.

"There'd be a protest."

Ferguson was speaking ahead of Sunday's Manchester derby at the Etihad Stadium, with his side three points ahead in first place.

Opta stats show that City have been awarded four penalties at home so far this Premier League season, scoring three. United have missed both of the two they have won at Old Trafford.

In the 2010-2011 Premier League season City were given six more home penalties than United, with a total of eight.

Amount of red cards given to City's opponents compared to UTD's opponents. Cunts United.

This is what red nose does before every big match, he goes out and blames referees and questions refereeing decisions; he puts pressure on referees using his image as one of the biggest names in the game and subsequently when the match starts decisions go his way. He did it before our match this season, and the match at the bridge last season and numerous other examples and it works every time.

He is practically blackmailing referees. It is disgusting what he does. How this has been allowed to continue for so long is beyond belief.

This is what red nose does before every big match, he goes out and blames referees and questions refereeing decisions; he puts pressure on referees using his image as one of the biggest names in the game and subsequently when the match starts decisions go his way. He did it before our match this season, and the match at the bridge last season and numerous other examples and it works every time.

He is practically blackmailing referees. It is disgusting what he does. How this has been allowed to continue for so long is beyond belief.

The most annoying one was before the CL quarter-final first leg, he went on and on about how everything goes against them at Stamford Bridge.

Blatant foul on Ramires in the box not given -_-

he has point though, look at the 4 penalties they've been given in the last 3 games, the two I can remember are the bullshit Everton one and the Aston Villa one where you couldn't even see a foul.

Yes but that point fades when you see who is making it. United have had at least 4-5 results tipped their way by refereeing decisions already this season. Besides, he's not saying this out of his concern for the game but only to scare and threaten the referee of tomorrow's match.

Yes but that point fades when you see who is making it. United have had at least 4-5 results tipped their way by refereeing decisions already this season. Besides, he's not saying this out of his concern for the game but only to scare and threaten the referee of tomorrow's match.

Scare. Threaten. Blackmail.

It's gamesmanship. It's part of the game.

Scare. Threaten. Blackmail.

It's gamesmanship. It's part of the game.

If a player dives he is a cheat and public enemy number one, and rightly so, but when red nose affects refereeing decisions like this it is "gamesmanship"? Well I think it should not be part of the game because he is basically cheating and bending the rules his way.

And it is threat and blackmail, just ask Alain Wiley and Jeff Winter.

If a player dives he is a cheat and public enemy number one, and rightly so, but when red nose affects refereeing decisions like this it is "gamesmanship"? Well I think it should not be part of the game because he is basically cheating and bending the rules his way.

And it is threat and blackmail, just ask Alain Wiley and Jeff Winter.

He isn't cheating or bending the rules. :rolleyes:

I do agree that some of the other things surrounding Fergie (like the way certain refs don't get United games if they give decisions against him) is highly suspect, but stuff like this is just part of the game.

He isn't cheating or bending the rules. :rolleyes:

I do agree that some of the other things surrounding Fergie (like the way certain refs don't get United games if they give decisions against him) is highly suspect, but stuff like this is just part of the game.

But why should it be part of the game if it is sending 50-50 decisions one way? Isn't it cheating when the referee is pressured into being biased?

But why should it be part of the game if it is sending 50-50 decisions one way? Isn't it cheating when the referee is pressured into being biased?

No it isn't cheating. It's simply part of the game. It's been part of the game for years and it won't change. It's part of what makes football, football.

No it isn't cheating. It's simply part of the game. It's been part of the game for years and it won't change. It's part of what makes football, football.

Well your idea of football is clearly different than mine. I like my football on the pitch with the skill and hard work of people who want to win with their own effort and because they deserve to.

And I don't understand at all the notion that it has been for years in football therefor it's okay. Well, racism has been in football for over a century, does that make it okay?

Well your idea of football is clearly different than mine. I like my football on the pitch with the skill and hard work of people who want to win with their own effort and because they deserve to.

And I don't understand at all the notion that it has been for years in football therefor it's okay. Well, racism has been in football for over a century, does that make it okay?

So you're equating managers making comments in order to influence the game, with racism?

:fainthv9:

I think you just need to untwist your knickers and smile when Fergie does shit like this. I don't know how to explain this type of things place in the game because it's always been there. Managers will make comments and funnily enough, they'll try and gain a competitive edge from it. I think it stems from their desire to win games and remain in gainful employment.

Refs are human. If you point something out to them then there's a chance they might pick up on it in a game. Captains do it too - do you get so sad when Terry has a word in the ref's ear? What do you think he's saying to him? How's your week been? How are the kids? How's the wife (actually, this one isn't that unlikely B) )?

No, he's saying 'oi ref, watch soandso in the box' or 'he's going down a bit easy today isn't he?'. It's simply part of the game and in tight matches it can be the difference between a win and a loss. It isn't cheating, it isn't blackmail, it isn't close to the same ballpark as racism.

It's football.

So you're equating managers making comments in order to influence the game, with racism?

:fainthv9:

I think you just need to untwist your knickers and smile when Fergie does shit like this. I don't know how to explain this type of things place in the game because it's always been there. Managers will make comments and funnily enough, they'll try and gain a competitive edge from it. I think it stems from their desire to win games and remain in gainful employment.

Refs are human. If you point something out to them then there's a chance they might pick up on it in a game. Captains do it too - do you get so sad when Terry has a word in the ref's ear? What do you think he's saying to him? How's your week been? How are the kids? How's the wife (actually, this one isn't that unlikely B) )?

No, he's saying 'oi ref, watch soandso in the box' or 'he's going down a bit easy today isn't he?'. It's simply part of the game and in tight matches it can be the difference between a win and a loss. It isn't cheating, it isn't blackmail, it isn't close to the same ballpark as racism.

It's football.

How exactly did you infer that I was equating this with racism? I was just refuting your argument that this is okay since it has been going on for years. I said that racism has been going on for years and it's not okay. So if something has been going on for a long time, that does not make it okay. So that's no excuse for what Fergie says.

And what JT, or any captain does, is completely different. Yes, it may put some pressure on the ref if he is inexperienced, but that does not compare to the amount of pressure red nose puts when he makes his statement in public and every media source in the world writes about it and gets the ref thinking that the millions of viewers will be thinking about what Fergie said while watching the match.

And more importantly, when a ref crosses JT or any other captain, he does not go missing or "agrees to retire".