test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blauw

How can we beat Manchester United

Started by Blauw,

137 posts in this topic

manchester-united-vs-chelsea.jpg

How can we beat Manchester United with Manutd having this form???

IMO we should play

Iva-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Meireles-Lampard

Sturridge-Drogba-Mata

Then we'll maybe have a chance.

Like the selection, minus Drogba he has been poor recently.

Come to think of it, most of our strikers have :(

Don't be so pessimistic...nobody is unbeatable...

+1. Can't give anymore reps for today :lol:

Like the selection, minus Drogba has he's been poor recently.

Come to think of it, most of our strikers have :(

+1. Can't give anymore reps for today :lol:

I agree that our strikers are poor but Drogba is the best striker Chelsea has.

Yes they are playing well but their oppostions defence seems to fall apart.And its not like they've beaten teams who have been doing well..Arsenal were shite anyway before they got beat.And we loose we loose and move onto the next game

But they can be beaten.Wont be easy but we've done it before and can do it again

Can any one re-call the first time we went to Highbury under Jose when every one predicted we would get stuffed?

We came away with a respectable 2-2 draw and only the Henry show stopped us from picking up 3 points.

Whats to say we can't do as good or better next week?

gary gordon likes this

Yes they are playing well but their oppostions defence seems to fall apart.And its not like they've beaten teams who have been doing well..Arsenal were shite anyway before they got beat.And we loose we loose and move onto the next game

But they can be beaten.Wont be easy but we've done it before and can do it again

Yes, isn't that pathetic? Most teams seem scared of them.

Really hope we don't play the high line we used at home against WBA and Norwich. We need to be defensively rigid because their attack is scary. Mata will be the key. He needs to have a superb game

Well I don't think we play Ivanović as RB. He's okay as a stand-in but if we're to look at him objectively, he's not great at crossing a good ball in from the right. Bosingwa has been better recently, and for me personally, we keep him at RB for the time being.

Ramires and Meireles sound good to me. But to be honest, in current form I wouldn't have Lampard anywhere near the pitch. Who we replace him with is anybody guess. Though it's a moot point since he wont get dropped.

Sturridge, Drogba / Torres and Mata. Maybe start with Torres and see if he can actually come up with something. If not, bung him on the bench for Drogba.

Luiz should not start.. he hasnt played for a long time.. let alex play instead. Drogba should start if he is fit. We need his power and Torres is to bad at the moment.

Cech

Ivanovic Alex Terry Cole

Ramires Meireles/Mikel Lampard

Sturridge Drogba Mata

Luiz should not start.. he hasnt played for a long time.. let alex play instead. Drogba should start if he is fit. We need his power and Torres is to bad at the moment.

Cech

Ivanovic Alex Terry Cole

Ramires Meireles/Mikel Lampard

Sturridge Drogba Mata

Luiz will play against leverkusen i think

Beating ManU is behind more factors than merely team selection... good mentality, preparation and tactics are more important. I remember the FA Cup final against them, and later Mourinho explained his tactics... basically his point was double-marking or boxing the dribbling player in our final 1/3 and stopping their counter-attacks with offside trap by playing a high line (if I remember correctly, or was it a deep line?) Having a deep-lying DMF will be essential defensively. It will also be important to frustrate them as much as possible by breaking up their play and being physical in man-to-man situations, taking yellow cards for the team when needed. Whatever people think, we have the personnel to match them... they play Anderson as a deep midfielder, that gap between their midfield and defence can be exploited, their usual 4-4-2 is not that strong defensively when facing a high-calibre team. Our central midfield and wing play will be essential, and our strikers must ensure they are ready to take their chances... the attacking line must rotate between positions to keep them confused, here Mata will come handy in his free role.

It's doable, we just need discipline and the right approach.