"Not enough black managers" in PL

Drogba11CFC

Brendon Batson says the paucity of black managers in English football is an embarrassment and thinks introducing the ‘Rooney Rule’ could help address the imbalance.

The Professional Footballers’ Association has committed to examining the measure, which was introduced in the USA in 2003 and ensures NFL clubs must interview at least one candidate from an ethnic minority when appointing a new head coach.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2034852/Brendan-Batson-says-introduve-Rooney-Rule-black-managers.html#ixzz1XNAawSHs

Ridiculous. Managers are appointed on merit, not by their race. Paul Ince was sacked because he was shit. No place for tokenism in football.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know they had that in the NFL. Can't see it happening over here.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous and every ethnic person I know would be embarrassed if they thought the reason they got a job was because of positive discrimination.

Like a lot of industries around the world, a presentable well spoken white man with a conservative haircut has a "better" image than other ethnicities and or women. It's not how things should be, but that's how it is. There's plenty of racism in football, and people would be naïve to believe that it doesn't exist at the top too.

Didn't know they had that in the NFL. Can't see it happening over here.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous and every ethnic person I know would be embarrassed if they thought the reason they got a job was because of positive discrimination.

I agree with you 100%. I'm a black person and i hate all this social engineering bullshit, so much of our taxes goes towards these programs. The fact is if a white person is more suited to the role then the white person should get it and vice versa. Black people are only 2% of the UK population, so how these social engineering programs can be put in place is beyond me. If i ever got a position within an organisation because the color of my skin it would knock my confidence and make me feel like a leech. If you work hard in this country then what ever skin color you are you will succeed, institutional racism is long gone in the UK and most white British people really don't give a fuck anymore, if your good enough they will back you !

I firmly believe that if you see yourself as a victim in society then you will never progress and reach your goals. You have got to work hard and compete against other people. The job market is a competition and you have got to showcase your skills and something as stupid as skin color should not even be considered.

Sixty years ago if you had suggested that the majority of managers in our top division would be non British you would have been laughed at.

We Brits invented the game ,,,and we are still the best ...

Then the Hungarians came to Wembley and the rest is history.

Ruud has his chances with us and Newcastle ,,,seemed he was short on the work ethic.

Apparently one has the top job in the USA ..but will he keep it?

Be assured if Black coaches have the ability and diligence they will get the jobs.

No offence but I hate when these types of articles come out. Trying to make the PL look racist or something but you look at how many black professional players in the past went on to manage? only a few.And when they did manage they had to start from the bottom and work there way up like everyone else but they obviously didn't have the quality yet to be a really successful manager.A large majority of the UK population is white so it makes sense that there would be more white managers.