Lukaku Vs Welbeck

jAMAL j

Players like Lukaku take years to develop. He has to learn how to use his body and improve his technique. Honestly we won't see the best of him for years. But he's a good young player now and hopefully he will develop.

Welbeck is a better player at the moment without doubt because he has shown he is capable at this level. But if you ask me who has the bigger potential then obviously I think Lukaku because he is capable of being an absolute monster i the future.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Welbeck is currently injured, so Lukaku has a really good chance of teaching him a thing or two. He needs to shift Torres and Drogba out of the way first... which he can do!

It just sucks that Lukaku was preferred to fucking Kalou in the European squad! :mad:

You can't compare these two because they're totally different breeds of strikers.

However, Wellbeck will score more goals this season.

I agree with you there... Lukaku has a lot more build on him as a striker, so he can turn on defenders and muscle them out with ease, just like Drogba, though Welbeck likes to poach in and score a couple of goals.

Welbeck has Premier League experience however, Lukaku hasn't got that yet, and will probably find things difficult at first seeing as he's not our first choice striker.

I thought Welbeck was the best striker in the world and Cleverley was the best midfielder?

Dont make the same mistake as Manure supporters do ,,Overhype own players and rubbish rivals ...

Welbeck has made progress in the last 18 months similar to that of Danny. Cleverley has potential ,,,we shall see if he progresses.

Lukaku has promise ....but lets wait before over praising him ...Similarly with Josh ,,..I know we are pinning so many hopes on him ,,,

BUT he is still young and relatively inexperienced

I think in some interview Lukaku said that he doesn't even go to the gym. Lucky bastard.

Here it is:

“My physique? It is a gift from God. Or, as you say in France, it is in the water,” he smiles. “I never lift weights. When I was 14, I went one time a week to the gym but I didn’t know what I was doing then. Now, I only ever do stabilisation exercises for the back, abdominals and legs. Nothing else.”

http://www.goal.com/...-sports-star-in

It's like saying Drogba vs Anelka, Anelka will poach the goals because he's a natural goal-scorer, and Drogba will terrorise defenders, assist and score too. At the end of the day however we all know that Drogba is the superior striker. But in Didier's case their aren't many strikers around like him that can score as many as he does, and do as much as he does on the pitch. He's just incredible. If anyone though, Lukaku is one of those rare players that pertains the potential to follow in his footsteps.

It's like saying Drogba vs Anelka, Anelka will poach the goals because he's a natural goal-scorer, and Drogba will terrorise defenders, assist and score too. At the end of the day however we all know that Drogba is the superior striker. But in Didier's case their aren't many strikers around like him that can score as many as he does, and do as much as he does on the pitch. He's just incredible. If anyone though, Lukaku is one of those rare players that pertains the potential to follow in his footsteps.

so u mean tha welbeck and anelka are same type of player

so u mean tha welbeck and anelka are same type of player

Anelka was better in my opinion at the same age. Welbeck has guts though so he will make it far, Anelka was a natural talent who messed it all up in my opinion. Welbeck will be a starter for united and Hernandez will be like ole gunnar solskjaer. I think Danny is better then all of them as of right now, his movement is more crisp and he is more established !

There's always an element of bias when comparing players whereby some play for Chelsea.

Let's just concentrate on our own players and giving them the support and encouragement they're going to need to help realise the undoubted potential a number of them have.

Lukaku has huge potential, perhaps to even develop to become one of the best strikers in the world and I am delighted the club pushed through a deal for him this summer.

Too early to ask such a question.

Though people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Welbeck's quality.

I hate this kind of stupid topic.

How can we compare a player that has not yet played in a high level, with a starting XI in a MU side...

Seriously, since I saw this guy playing last season I thought he should be our next striker, but soon I discovered he already was a MU player. Now its too easy to ask such a dumb question: Welbeck. Maybe in one or two seasons Lukaku turn into a better player.

And about Sturridge, stop trying to make him the best striker around, one thing is score goals in Bolton, another thing is show that you are good enough to shine in a club like Chelsea. Until now Sturridge is a promising player, no more than that.

I hate this kind of stupid topic.

How can we compare a player that has not yet played in a high level, with a starting XI in a MU side...

Seriously, since I saw this guy playing last season I thought he should be our next striker, but soon I discovered he already was a MU player. Now its too easy to ask such a dumb question: Welbeck. Maybe in one or two seasons Lukaku turn into a better player.

And about Sturridge, stop trying to make him the best striker around, one thing is score goals in Bolton, another thing is show that you are good enough to shine in a club like Chelsea. Until now Sturridge is a promising player, no more than that.

Agreed with all of this.

We can only hope Sturridge will meet the hype around him, though I fear we've come to over-expect from him. Which could be worry in terms of fan backlash here.

Agreed with all of this.

We can only hope Sturridge will meet the hype around him, though I fear we've come to over-expect from him. Which could be worry in terms of fan backlash here.

Make sure not to over hype players and overrate players, especially english ones, because they always let down.