NFL/College Football (the pointy kind) Fans

Tortilla9

I don't really like the Patriots. I like Brady, Welker and their TEs but as a team.... nah. Was hoping the 49ers would win but I like the Giants - especially Eli - too so will be supporting them on Sunday :D

:(

Even though we've done really well this season I'm still not sure on our chances. Neither team's defence is good but thankfully New York Giants are not the team I think that can expose our problems there. Final Prediction: Patriots 22-14 New York Giants

I waited for a download to be available and watched it "live". Had to avoid twitter & pretty much the rest of the internet til then to avoid being spoiled.

I was definitely supporting the Giants. LOVE Eli! Don't really like the Patriots that much apart from Brady & Welker. Amazing game. Delighted that NY won!

I don't quite understand the sport. Do people watch it live and sit throught the tedious planning and phases or do they just watch replays? Can someone enlighten my ignorance?

What are you referring to when you say "tedious planning and phases"?

You know after they play a phase (Is that right?) and all the players huddle and discuss tactics during the game. The game halts and resumes.

Ah okay. It's called a play not a phase. The huddle usually only lasts about 5-10 seconds. There is actually a 40 second time limit which starts (I believe) right after the previous play is over. The quarterback has to get the next play snapped before the 40 seconds are up or there will be a penalty. Unless, of course, one of the teams take a 30 second time out. Sometimes the quarterback decides to run a no-huddle which means that the players just line up in the formation after the previous play is over instead of forming a huddle and the quarterback will just shout the tactics to his players. This can be done to save time, to tire the opponent's defense and also to prevent the defense from making substitutions (which can sometimes result in penalties on the opposing team which will help the attacking team)

I only started watching American football a year ago and I also had the impression that the stops between plays were really long. I wondered how anyone could actually watch a sport that way, lol. Then I watched a game and realised that it's actually not that long at all.