NFL/College Football (the pointy kind) Fans

Tortilla9

Great game, I hate the 49ers so I'm happy the Ravens won.

I want to focus on one specific event.

When Reed intercepted then got tackled there was a huge scrum/fight between Ravens and 49ers. I was terrified the refs would call a personal foul on the Ravens which would've negated the interception or something.

But they just called offsetting penalties. Also one of the Ravens shoved a ref and didn't get punished for it.

This is when I got mad at association football/footy/the real football/whatever you want to call it. If this was football that Raven would've gotten red carded and it would've changed the whole game. (The referee decides the game not players) But in the NFL it was treated as nothing and the game went on.

That's the way it should be, these stupid bookings every time a player loses their cool and slaps a player or something is ridiculous. I just don't understand why all the other football fans just accept this stupid rule. The booking system where a red card means you're down a man for the whole game. It's giving the referee too much power, PLUS it's ineffective to a certain point. Maybe redcards deter dangerous tackles most of the time, but it's not going to eliminate a guy losing his cool and punching, maybe even slapping someone. That's just the nature of pro athletes.

I mean if it was the NFL, Drogba slaps Vidic in the CL Final, he gets a 15 personal foul penalty at worst and we move on. That's the way it should be.

The whole booking system used in association football is stupid.

• 1 month later...

Harvin to Seahawks is a big move if it goes through - really puts Seahawks in a strong position for next season (and makes 12/1 odds look very tasty!)

will only be a big move if his headaches can give him a break. Also man, Boldin to San Fran was the real pickup, and only a 6th rounder....damn!

Gotta hate how hard it is for teams to stay together because not everyone can be paid his worth. Oh well atleast it keeps it competitive.

wtf! my computer has gone mad........As I was about to post, I think that either the Browns Or the Ravens will try to pick him up, the Browns are switching back to a 3-4 D I hear. My beloved Steelers are here in September. We signed William Gay up.....

will only be a big move if his headaches can give him a break. Also man, Boldin to San Fran was the real pickup, and only a 6th rounder....damn!

Gotta hate how hard it is for teams to stay together because not everyone can be paid his worth. Oh well atleast it keeps it competitive.

There's a rumour he plays on the headaches when he doesn't want to train. In any event when fit he's one of the most explosive players in the NFL. I know it's a first round pick but the Seahawks are picking deep in the draft anyway.

I think Boldin makes lots of sense for the niners who are probably at their peak to win the bowl. Whereas Harvin makes more sense to the Seahawks young, dynamic team who should peak together over next couple of years (providing they can keep most of it together)

• 1 month later...

Menalik Watson, second round pick to the oakland Raiders. Born in Manchester, and didn't actually go to america til he was 18.

And Lawrence Okoye who is the british record holder in the discus, and was in the olympics, wasn't drafted but was signed as a free agent to the San Fran 49ers. He has never played a down of football before in his life though lol. Should be great to have some English representation in the NFL. :)