test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

milllz

Ross Barkley

Started by milllz,

615 posts in this topic

The Telegraph claims that Chelsea are not just tracking Oxlade-Chamberlain, and will compete for the signature of Everton misfit Ross Barkley with Tottenham.

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

The Telegraph claims that Chelsea are not just tracking Oxlade-Chamberlain, and will compete for the signature of Everton misfit Ross Barkley with Tottenham.

I find this so hard to believe. Ross Barkley has no position in Chelsea's current setup

King11Didier likes this

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I find this so hard to believe. Ross Barkley has no position in Chelsea's current setup

If Conte has visions of playing Cesc in a potential No. 10 role at some point during the season, I see no reason why Barkley couldn't play there either.

I still think Spurs will end up getting him but I wouldn't be adverse to having him at the club.

Would people rather Barkley over Drinkwater? 

I feel as if he is really young and can still be turned into a good player. He has some great attributes already, and simply needs a world class manager and organisation to get the best out of him. 

Better to get a young home grown talent rather than a stop gap, right? 

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

I feel as if he is really young and can still be turned into a good player. He has some great attributes already, and simply needs a world class manager and organisation to get the best out of him. 

Barkley has more potential but as a player type I'd say something in the Drinkwater mould is more what the team needs right now. Barkley is in no way suited for a midfield two so if he came some adjustments would have to be made to the tactics whereas Drinkwater could fit in next to Kante without any changes, and already has experience from playing with the little Frenchman.

If Barkley were to be bought I'd say 3-5-2 with a three man midfield would be the way to go with Fabregas/Barkley rotating for the furthermost CM with Bakayoko and Kante to cover defensive duties. In such formation a need for one more defensive-minded midfielder to play backup for Bakayoko/Kante would still exist, and a player like Drinkwater or someone similar would still have to be bought.

Either that, or Barkley would be playing only as one of the AMs / wingers in the 3-4-3 and compete for a place with Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Musonda but that doesn't change the fact that Barkley coming would have nothing to do with the team still needing one more defensive type midfielder too.

Doesn't really have a set position which is surely hurting his chances of a big club coming in for him for a big price. If we played with a central attacking #10 we'd probably have brought him in. In our current formation there isn't really a position for him unless Conte thought of him as a CM.

if a manager/coach wants a player then I`d rely on him believing he knows what he wants rather than what anybody else says regarding if we need him or not..

when we see players at other clubs playing in a certain way we believe that is all they are..not looking at what they have to play with and what their coach wants out of them,what they can become,. it`s the main reason I`m not a big fan of loaning players out,in some cases not even once let alone the blanket bombing approach we have implemented in modern times. we won the league last season,with a large part of it being from big contributions by players in positions and roles very few if any on here or anywhere believed they would be able to do..   

it`s not the NFL where the vast majority of players and coaches are products of the system they play in. the vast majority of this kind of football can play in various positions and roles within a team they can be reshaped a lot more easier.positions are more simpler to learn. 

2 minutes ago, mccg said:

dreamteamfc.com :D:D:D

xPetrCechx likes this

For 20-35m definitelly a good signing to have. Do note that we lack creative players in our team. I hope we sign both Ross and Drinkwater.

Ross Barkley is facing six weeks out with a torn hamstring after scans confirmed fears of a lengthy lay-off.

The injury, understood to be a Grade Three tear, could put paid to his hopes of a move away from Everton this month with the 23-year-old facing a battle to be fully fit before October.

See ya January transfer window Rossy

On 10/08/2017 at 7:53 AM, Thor said:

I have to admit that I don't believe in tales of managers with magic wands. Personally I'd rather take my chances with Gandalf or Hermeone Granger. Next someone is going to tell me that Antonio has made Marcos & Victor better players. I hope no one will though because it irritates the heck out of me when people talk nonsense.

Marcos is the same as he ever was and so is Victor. This time next year Ross Barkley will be the same player too. If people think Barkley already has what it takes to help us then fair enough. Anyone, however, who imagines he might fly into Cobham as just an Everton reject, and land in Oz wearing spangly red boots, has taken too many trips down the Yellow Brick Road themselves.

DYC. and 3sphinx like this