test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

J.F.

Deadline Day!

Started by J.F.,

5,453 posts in this topic
Just now, CHOULO19 said:

Yeah, already done. 

So another player who snubbed us... Can't believe what's happening this window... Llorente would've been perfect back-up for some matches, instead he will be helping spuds to score more goals...

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

9 is no where near realistic.

Truth is, and the 'humiliating window' narrative is catchy, but if we can get Drinkwater and Zappacosta over the line, this would have been a very solid window. 

Agreed man. We already have our first XI, just needed some depth. Would have liked at least one more signing but I'm not too upset. More upset about the amount of rejections over the past few days lol

CHOULO19, kellzfresh and kmk108 like this

1 minute ago, CHOULO19 said:

Truth is, and the 'humiliating window' narrative is catchy, but if we can get Drinkwater and Zappacosta over the line, this would have been a very solid window. 

Get out of here with your rational thoughts and logic. How can this be tolerated in such a negative & pessimistic environment. Hang your head in shame.

Tomo, Beepu, Fernando and 1 other like this

I was somehow hoping we will at least buy someone quality to at least "try" to hide the weak areas in the team, ie Mahrez. 

That way we would have more depth in attack which would at least partly compensate fot lack of depth in midfield and wings. 

As goes for Zappacosta, not bad buy IMO. Tbh him or Ox, I think it will turn out even better for us, apart from the fact Ox is english.

About Llorente, I was sure he is coming. It makes too much sense to have experienced target man and Eden even recommended Bats to find new club.

45 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Lol Arsenal..

we are not in the best situation to laugh at other clubs i feel

Leif likes this

32 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Barkley going to Spurs?

I think that is what he wants to happen. He is prepared to wait till January imo.

3 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

You Should be banned, thinking outside the box and not declaring our immediate decline to the conference is not allowed here.

We Hate Scouse and Barbara like this

1 minute ago, Stats said:

I think that is what he wants to happen. He is prepared to wait till January imo.

no palce for him there and here

1 minute ago, milka said:

Our summer transfers in are Morata, Rudiger, Bakayoko, Zappacosta and Drinkwater. Would you have taken this at the start of the window?

Yes all of them, Conte knows/will know how to extract their qualities with regards to the whole team, if only he would stop patronizing our youth players, like f*cking Mourinho did, only wishing for established players from outside. Look at Chalobah, Solanke and co. Does anyone really buy into that they were not first-team material?? We have tons of young players at our disposal yet they are taken for granted by the coach, and worse most fans have become apathetic to this incovenient truth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully behind Conte but it gets on my nerves that the youth keeps getting overlooked and everyone, from fans to the goddam board keep being stressed out by only focusing on buying exterior players.

1 minute ago, King11Didier said:

So another player who snubbed us... Can't believe what's happening this window... Llorente would've been perfect back-up for some matches, instead he will be helping spuds to score more goals...

What was reported is that we decided against making a formal bid for him rather then him rejecting us.

1 minute ago, Kieran. said:

Agreed man. We already have our first XI, just needed some depth. Would have liked at least one more signing but I'm not too upset. More upset about the amount of rejections over the past few days lol

Of course we'd all have loved OX instead of Zappacosta or another striker option...etc. But the squad needed A LOT of improvement and the club managed to get a lot of that done this window. 

People forget, because we won the league last season, that our squad was thin and had very obvious weaknesses. 

If Drinkwater happens I think we're all good until January. Cannot see us competing over an entire season without LWB cover, though. 

Dimitr likes this

1 minute ago, We Hate Scouse said:

I always find it incredibly creepy when they photoshop someones head onto another players body. What is the need? :lol:

this is azpis body. i recognize his nails.

Leif, We Hate Scouse and Amblève. like this

30 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Adrien Silva has arrived at Leicester's training ground for his medical, ahead of poss £15m move...but only if #Chelsea meet valuation for Drinkwater. (Sky Sports)

15M sounds like a good number for a 4th choice midfielder.  Should have just skipped the middle man.

King11Didier and xPetrCechx like this