Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Belgiannutt

Yup and agree Im not blaming them for not landing Ox per se, but rather dealing with whole situation.

First of all we should get new LWB and RWB weeks ago to get them match fit and learn Conte phylosophy. Secondly if there were complications with primary target(s) there should be one that we would be positive we will make the deal; example throw big chunk of money for Pereira or negotiate with Aurier.

However the board waited for Ox who turned us down, meanwhile Aurier will join spurs and we are in terrible position. 

Handling Ox case, I dont realy blame the board, he refused us nothing we can do. Handling the aquisiton of new RWB through the summer as a whole, thats where the board fucked up massively. From targets to negotiations to timing...if we were successfull we would already have new RWB. Same goes for LWB. 

Its simple. 

It's bizarre.

We knew from last season that we need LWB and RWB. And couldn't get anyone ffs.

What would happen if Alonso got 3 months injury??? Conte would have to play Drinkwater in LWB it seems..

Fucking shambles.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

@Belgiannutt

Yup and agree Im not blaming them for not landing Ox per se, but rather dealing with whole situation.

First of all we should get new LWB and RWB weeks ago to get them match fit and learn Conte phylosophy. Secondly if there were complications with primary target(s) there should be one that we would be positive we will make the deal; example throw big chunk of money for Pereira or negotiate with Aurier.

However the board waited for Ox who turned us down, meanwhile Aurier will join spurs and we are in terrible position. 

Handling Ox case, I dont realy blame the board, he refused us nothing we can do. Handling the aquisiton of new RWB through the summer as a whole, thats where the board fucked up massively. From targets to negotiations to timing...if we were successfull we would already have new RWB. Same goes for LWB. 

Its simple. 

I just can't believe we didn't knw Ox didn't want to play WB. that's crazy

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

As it stands...

Barkley - Yet to agree fee (and he's injured!)

Drinkwater - Again, yet to agree fee

Llorente - Might not happen if Bony is really heading to Verona (just give them Remy!)

I'm surprised that we haven't been able to agree a fee for Drinkwater.   Unless the club is low-balling them, 30 million should be enough for a replaceable player

1 minute ago, Tautvix said:

It's bizarre.

We knew from last season that we need LWB and RWB. And couldn't get anyone ffs.

What would happen if Alonso got 3 months injury??? Conte would have to play Drinkwater in LWB it seems..

Fucking shambles.

Mariana needs to go. Or someone else needs to do the buys. 

1 minute ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I'm surprised that we haven't been able to agree a fee for Drinkwater.   Unless the club is low-balling them, 30 million should be enough for a replaceable player

Mariana likes making her final offer when it's too late

1 minute ago, Chelsea? said:

I just can't believe we didn't knw Ox didn't want to play WB. that's crazy

I don't think it has anything to do with Ox not playing WB. 

It's more like his agent waited for Chelsea's offer and then Liverpool got him for slightly less (knowing that Oxlade grew up a Liverpool fan, wanted to follow Gerrard)

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

As it stands...

Barkley - Yet to agree fee (and he's injured!)

Drinkwater - Again, yet to agree fee

Llorente - Might not happen if Bony is really heading to Verona (just give them Remy!)

Doubt they want Remy. Maybe Bats

Panic buys here we go!!!

Just get something for RWB and LWB. We can't go on with those positions so f'ing thin.

I see us getting Drinkwater, Rafinha (just how did we end up with him as a target?) Barkley and Llorente

@BlueLyon

Conte has made it clear that he will not tolerate players with bad attitude to prevent anarchy in the dressing room. So, getting Aurier would defeat that purpose. We are trying to get rid of Costa, who was integral to our recent PL success, in this very window. And Aurier is not Suarez, Terry or Cantona level player. Their misdeeds were tolerated after they had established themselves as world beaters unlike Aurier. There are or atleast were very good RWBs with good attitude available in this transfer window. We should go for one of them available.