Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, it's Marina. Signings have gone downhill since she's been given a major role. Emenalo has made some very good signings for the club.

We cant really know who's to blame. Could be Mourinho, could be the board... anyway i dont think the fault is with Marina, as far as i know she only negotiate to close the deals, our real problem this summer was not having alternatives for CM and CB.

Marina is not in charge of naming transfer targets, its Mourinho. So the questions are if he did it and how, and what did the board say about those names.

We signed Cesc, Costa and Matic with Marina so i dont know how bad she was in closing deals...

Can someone explain to me the point/sense of leaving transfers till the very last minute rush. We saw what happened between Madrid and Utd last night regarding de gea. They like every other club including us had all freaking summer to sort the transfers out why wait till the last minute to make moves. Every sensible club should ideally get their main transfers sorted atleast two weeks before the end of the window. If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Look at us last season, we got it done earlier and didn't have to resort to deadline panic buys. same with City this summer.

Can someone explain to me the point/sense of leaving transfers till the very last minute rush. We saw what happened between Madrid and Utd last night regarding de gea. They like every other club including us had all freaking summer to sort the transfers out why wait till the last minute to make moves. Every sensible club should ideally get their main transfers sorted atleast two weeks before the end of the window. If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

i guess it is just the way people are. even though i almost got my bachelor thesis ready 4 weeks before the deadline, i'll only hand it in on that final day. gives me maximum time to optimize it.

i guess it is just the way people are. even though i almost got my bachelor thesis ready 4 weeks before the deadline, i'll only hand it in on that final day. gives me maximum time to optimize it.

That's not the same though is it. in this context it will be like us getting every major transfers sorted "4 weeks prior" and then waiting until deadline day to announce it officially. But that's not what's happening here, we are desperately chasing a player desperately on deadline day with two bids already rejected and we look likely to lose out as PSG do not need the cash and have ambitions.