Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntelaar has been shockingly inconsistent for a couple of years, now. And this is coming from someone who really rates him.

I think that since the turn of the year we've actually made something like 4m profit in the market! All while transforming our squad from once that can barely challenge for top 4 to one of the best squads in Europe!

Yeah, close to 30. Give it a week or so, though, the 25 will increase with the loans inside England to the lower divisions.

matic-21, salah-11, zouma-12.5, costa-32, cesc-30, luis-16, DD-0, remy-10.5, pasalic-3. total = 136

mata-37, kdb-17,luiz-50, lukaku-28, ba-5, pva-1.5, saville-1= 139.5.

some tremendous business...

I know. I don't rate Huntelaar at all but he's a massive improvement on Sanogo.

Really? I actually rate him, or used to. I remember when he first burst onto the scene, he was such a promising striker: all the physical attributes, technically impeccable, and a clinical finisher as well. Shame he never lived up to his potential. Can't believe he's already 30!

matic-21, salah-11, zouma-12.5, costa-32, cesc-30, luis-16, DD-0, remy-10.5, pasalic-3. total = 136

mata-37, kdb-17,luiz-50, lukaku-28, ba-5, pva-1.5, saville-1= 139.5.

some tremendous business...

It really is phenomenal. Not enough praise can be given to the board.

Really? I actually rate him, or used to. I remember when he first burst onto the scene, he was such a promising striker: all the physical attributes, technically impeccable, and a clinical finisher as well. Shame he never lived up to his potential. Can't believe he's already 30!

Exactly my point. He was so overrated. He never had it all physically (he's as fast as Mertesacker, acceleration is very, very poor), technically he isn't all that (very average), can barely dribble past his man. He was made out to be this complete striker but he was nothing more than a poor man's Ruud Van Nistelrooij. The only thing I'll rate him for is his clinical finishing. Apart from that he's not that good at all.

He had his opportunities at Milan and Real but screwed it massively.

It really is phenomenal. Not enough praise can be given to the board.

add the 2 years of Torres' wage off of our books.

Then the priceless - literally - relief of not having to ever again see him sport a Chelsea shirt again

baby+jackpot.jpg

(my last meme of the day, I promise, I never post them, but it's deadline day and I'm in excellent mood seeing our rivals doing stupid business)

add the 2 years of Torres' wage off of our books.

Then the priceless - literally - relief of not having to ever again see him sport a Chelsea shirt again

baby+jackpot.jpg

(my last meme of the day, I promise, I never post them, but it's deadline day and I'm in excellent mood seeing our rivals doing stupid business)

Tom, have you hacked Barbara's account?!!

if falcao can regain his form pre-injury, he would be a beast. Curious to see how he will perform for them. Di Maria+ Falcao could be a lethal combo

Nastasic would be nice, but dont thinK City would give him to us...

Lol mate... come on.

IMO Welbeck offers more than Giroud, he has tremendous work rate, fast, technically good and can score goals, a front three of Walcott, Welbeck and Sanchez is 10x better than what they have now. Ozil and Ramsey will have a field day with those pacey players ahead of them.

You seem to rate Welbeck a lot higher than me. I'd much rather have Giroud up front. He's not world-class but he's very good. Strong, great header of the ball, strong in the air (aerial duels), holds the ball well, combines well with his team mates. But he lacks pace, his movement isn't the best and he's far from clinical. That's why he's not world-class. But I think a lot people don't realise or forget his contribution to goals is very good. 39 goals and 20 assists in 77 starts (in 12-13 and 13-14). He's not good enough to be a starter for a team challenging for trophies but he's a very good 2nd option.

Welbeck is a mid-table striker for me. I'd put money on him not being able to get numbers like that.