Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never forget when we beat Boro 5-0 away and turnbull had the most shocking of days lol. I don't think we'll ever see turnbull again tbh, poor guy but getting paid for doing nothing is kinda lucky.

Last season's 4-2 here was one of the most entertaining games I've seen for a long time. Added in with the hysteria of signing Torres and Luiz, it was a wonderful February evening for us, especially after getting revenge for that-game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned.

By the way, Torres has a good record against Sunderland, so if he is going to break his duck, this will be a good chance.

Hope AVB will shed his conservative (so far) starting line-up selection and go with Meireles, Mata and Sturridge. It can't be any worst than what we've seen in the first 3 games. He can talk about up tempo all he wants, but he can back it up with putting in the players who can play that way.

Sunderland certainly miss Welbeck and Bent this season, they don't really have a genuine goalscorer. Gyan is a good player but he is more of an attacking fulcrum than an out-and-out striker.

True, and they don't have Henderson anymore either, but I watched Sunderland against Liverpool at Anfield on the opening day and they showed that they partially don't need them to put in a good performance. Larsson scored an excellent goal against them, and they defended really well after they had let in Suarez's goal. They may not have Welbeck and bent, but they have two former Man United defenders, 2 pacy wingers in Larsson and Sessegnon, and a top quality manager who knows exactly what to do with them.

Steve Bruce is no mug, he is an excellent manager.

I predict a nervous 1-0 win...