Juan Mata

Severinb

and we're supposed to believe Mata will fix that team and get them a top4 spot? I know we call him a magician all the time, but I thought that was a figure of language.

#InMoyesWeTrust

they are 6 points of 4. it aint the world and Rooney+RVP are coming back.

Wouldnt playing Rooney push Mata to the wings too though?

Rooney is at his best playing off the Striker and that is Mata's best position too. Leaving Evra or Rafael wide open on the wings would be suicide.

How about do all of that and sell Mata to a different team in the summer?

That would fuck up the entire plan. We'd get less money for Mata meaning less money to spend.

Also we wouldn't be able to get Costa/Shaw in the january window.

I completely disagree!

I honestly think there would be clubs desperately enough to bid 30mi or so (not 37, but close enough). Even United would be more desperate if they miss UCL!

But that is just a feeling and we will have to agree to disagree because there is no way one can convince one another...

Which clubs are you talking about ? What clubs have that kind of money, actually need Mata and would be willing to build the team around him ?

Disagree with your comment about man united being more desperate in the summer. atm they're in serious danger of missing out on CL football next season that's a big blow financially.

Don't think they can get get more desperate then they are now.

didn't realize they were so close to Liverpool. Well, I still believe Mata won't fix ManUtd - which was my primary point. It requires magic to do as such. He'll improve them, but they're still awful. And let's not forget the clueless guy bossing them. I'm not even sure Moyes knows how to maximize a player like Mata or simply use him at all.

and we're supposed to believe Mata will fix that team and get them a top4 spot? I know we call him a magician all the time, but I thought that was a figure of language.

#InMoyesWeTrust

TBF, it could give them a lift and lead to a snowball effect of United getting better players in. It's just that now they're pretty rubbish and will take time for United to sort this mess out.

didn't realize they were so close to Liverpool. Well, I still believe Mata won't fix ManUtd - which was my primary point. It requires magic to do as such. He'll improve them, but they're still awful. And let's not forget the clueless guy bossing them. I'm not even sure Moyes knows how to maximize a player like Mata or simply use him at all.

Simple, long ball to mata...

TBF, it could give them a lift and lead to a snowball effect of getting better players in. It's just that now is pretty rubbish and will take time for United to sort this mess out.

From my viewpoint, it's yanited's defense that needs fixing. They couldn't stop anyone last season, but they had rvp & looney rooney scoring for them. Now those guys aren't there, the goals aren't coming & manure's d still gives up the goals. That side needs a massive overhaul. But tbh, Moyes is doing what Moyes does...Guide mid-table sides ;)

From my viewpoint, it's yanited's defense that needs fixing. They couldn't stop anyone last season, but they had rvp & looney rooney scoring for them. Now those guys aren't there, the goals aren't coming & manure's d still gives up the goals. That side needs a massive overhaul. But tbh, Moyes is doing what Moyes does...Guide mid-table sides ;)

Regardless of what they need to fix, getting Mata will be them making a statement and a stepping stone to buy the required players and fix whatever problems they have. That's the point.