Juan Mata

Severinb

Guest justin_3d

Oh ok that makes sense.

But i think he might be better behind the striker as you mention.

I guess that would be sort of the role that VDV plays for Spurs?

Oh ok that makes sense.

But i think he might be better behind the striker as you mention.

I guess that would be sort of the role that VDV plays for Spurs?

Yeah exactly with Crouch infront of him playing the target man role usually, Drogba could fill that gap but I can't see him playing a whole lot this season so with Torres up front it looks to be a single striker formation with an inverted winger, so he'll be on the wing all season long in our trusty old 4-3-3 me thinks.

MATA TO TAKE 10

Posted on: Fri 26 Aug 2011

Juan Mata will wear squad number 10 after Yossi Benayoun offered him the shirt.

The Isreali captain said: 'I decided to give Mata the number 10 - his favourite. For me it's just a number, not my lucky 15.'

Mata wore the shirt for Valencia and while skippering Spain's Under 21s in the summer and expressed his gratitude to Benayoun, who will now have the squad number 30.

'It is a very important number to me so I'm pleased to be wearing it. I want to thank Yossi,' he said.

As well as Benayoun, Mata follows on from legends Joe Cole, Mark Hughes, Ian Hutchinson and Terry Venables in adopting the number 10 jersey.

CFC

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2433219,00.html

Quote:"Mata wore the shirt for Valencia and while skippering Spain's Under 21s in the summer and expressed his gratitude to Benayoun, who will now have the squad number 30."

That's not a bad number either

It's not just Lampard's fault. Ramires and Mikel hardly create anything either.

Which is why i'm hoping AVB never plays all of them together again!

No, it isn't just Lampard's fault but in a midfield of Lampard, Mikel and Ramires, Lampard is the most expendable, because he provides nothing really.

Ramires provides energy, dynamism and drive to the midfield.

Mikel provides stability and the platform to move forward.

Lampard provides nothing, he use to be a huge goal-scoring threat, but now he's lost that and he should be the midfield maestro, but that's never really been a part of his game.

No, it isn't just Lampard's fault but in a midfield of Lampard, Mikel and Ramires, Lampard is the most expendable, because he provides nothing really.

Ramires provides energy, dynamism and drive to the midfield.

Mikel provides stability and the platform to move forward.

Lampard provides nothing, he use to be a huge goal-scoring threat, but now he's lost that and he should be the midfield maestro, but that's never really been a part of his game.

Ah, you have a good point. We need someone to replace Lampard asap ;)