Juan Mata

Severinb

I would be devastated if he would leave, but more so if he would join Manchester United, the club I have love to hate. It is a real real shame. I understand that José hates "strong" players in the sense that they think their place is for granted. Given all the problems we have had with player power over the last decade I can also see that he wants to prevent this early on, but I just can't quite believe that he is willing to do this.

And if it is actually Juan that is pushing forward the deal, well, it's football fans heartbreak syndrome on my side. I just love to watch him play. Ever since he joined us, it was like a breath of fresh air and a genuinely positive character after all the Maloudas and Anelkas we have had. I understand that he wants to play more regualerly as it is a WC year...but fuck it. Seeing him blogging about Manchester soon and how he thanks us for our support is actually unbearable.

Maybe this is just Mourinho's mind games? To keep negoations going on til the last day to then pull the plug on the deal so Utd dont have time to sign anyone else? He did it with Arsenal when he pulled the plug on Ba's loan move

I'm hoping this is the case. But if the fee has been accepted, it's out of our hands.

I'm hoping this is the case. But if the fee has been accepted, it's out of our hands.

No proof of a fee being accepted so if it hasn't, Chelsea can ask for more money because United will be desperate after getting knocked out of the league cup and hopefully that will put United off! :D

The true definition of a plastic fan!

I am all for the club and what is best for it, not a fan boy of a player. So please tell me what good it does keeping a player who has hardly kicked a ball this year? It's time for him to go, Jose obviously doesn't rate him in our system.

Please, please stay Juan. I love watching you barely make the bench and wasting your career.

He was an amazing player when we played attacking football leaking goals for fun, the guy cannot press high up the pitch.

So, would you rather Mata stay and harm the team by being incompetent defensively, if he even makes the bench?

Torres did not fit our style of play for years, that turned out well keeping him here didn't it?

I would rather us sell him and get in players that can do the job Jose wants his players to do.

Looks like Jose is here for the long term, let him decide his squad.

But what do I know, I'm a plastic fan since 1995......