Juan Mata

Severinb

Maybe this is just Mourinho's mind games? To keep negoations going on til the last day to then pull the plug on the deal so Utd dont have time to sign anyone else? He did it with Arsenal when he pulled the plug on Ba's loan move

It's simply unrealistic that Mourinho would mock United like that at the expense of the player, while involving the entire Chelsea board in it. There's just no way.

If things have gotten this far, it's because we're serious about this.

If, however, a club like PSG made a last-minute bid and Chelsea accepted theirs instead, now that's something I could see happening!

Wonder how are the other 2 Spaniards Torres and Azpi feeling about this given they are quite close to one another. The former, after all, helped to persuade Mata to join us and, I believe, Mata helped him out in his troubled times here at the club.

This is pure propaganda by the british press! I personally dont believe anything they say unless I see quotes or pictures.

Jose surely is wise enough to know nrver sell to a rival like united. Surely he will only do it if we could get rooney either now or in the next window.

Surely its not only United that want Mata, we probably in discussions with plenty of clubs. United have made 1 apparant bid why would we accept their first bid?

All this bullshit about him arriving in a helicopter, yeah right!

Would be very happy if he ended up staying at Chelsea even though it seems very unlikely. Still think he could get past this difficult period and get back to his old self. Pace and energy is fine and all but it can't be just about that, you need balance. I'm convinced this side needs a player like Mata, a player that offers clever positioning, precise passing, great vision and is always thinking ahead. Not to mention his set-piece delivery, a huge weapon at all times through a match. The likes of Hazard and Oscar are different players with their own qualities.

And I refuse to believe Mata can't adapt. All this talk about him lacking the athleticism and him not willing to work hard is just nonsense imo, think he's just going through a tough spell. Other great players like him, greater even, have gone through the same.