Juan Mata

Severinb

Please tell me how will we convince a top player to join us after this? He could easily think "Oh no, look at what they've done to Mata.. no thanks!".

Good luck to the ones with the plastic Mourinho orgasms. The club looks like a big ungrateful cunt.

What exactly did we do to Mata?

Make him challenge for a starting spot on the second best national team on Earth?

We've been good GREAT for Mata.

Carrick is on his last legs.... I wouldnt bet on him to be the shield anymore in the back..

Carrick isn't at the top of his game but having a willing runner like Cleverley or Fellaini might reduce that offset. I still think Carrick is a great link between defence and attack but obviously United in general just aren't having a good season.

To be honest I can pick a few holes in BBC's article.

1. They know the exact fee when neither club has announced it on their websites or Twitters.

2. BBC say "The Spain international, who has won 32 caps, said goodbye to team-mates and staff at Chelsea's Cobham training ground on Wednesday." - There is no source of information for this.

3. Chelsea announced on Tuesday that Mata is NOT FOR SALE and I don't see why they would change that in a day?

That team would have the same problems we did last season, just is not good enough off the ball.

Put it this way, there's a reason Fergie trusted Valencia so much, the balance and protection he gave Rafeal was incredible, the "we will score 4 if you get 3" approach will get a couple off fancy scorelines, balance on and off the ball is what wins titles.

right now, they are not fighting for the title. probably buying some1 like cabaye and getting a trio of WC players like rvp, rooney and messi would be good enough to get them a top 4 which just last sunday seemed like would be impossible for united.

i dont know what moyes does to them in the summer, but this mata deal might be the perfect catalyst for them to get their season on track.

I really loved Mata, he was great last year. I have been so sad he has not been playing for Chelsea.

However I'm just thinking tonight, does Mata really care about us and our club anymore?

He is clearly not saying to Jose:-

, "...its January, theres so much of the season to go, i want to fight for my place, i love Chelsea and the fans, i am desperate to not leave Chelsea"

To go to Utd, a club in f**** decline, I can't believe he wants to go there. Makes me a bit sick chair-to-the-head.gif

yeah, mata is really a bastard, wanting to play regular football instead of being benched 90 mins in top games or being subbed after 60 mins. especially in a world cup year. surely, he is at fault and not other people. he is going to united because they are the only club at the moment and we are willing to sell. it aint like he was holding the pistol to mous/boards chest and saying to them sell me. our board happily accepted this offer. this transfer took like 2-3 days. that says it all. we didnt even negotiate a lot with them.

And we said he is in love with Chelsea yeahh he couldn't wait to go to Utd.

I really am but hurt by this, can't believe so easily and quickly he's off to Manchester I have sat and felt bad for him all season and he's just off to our rivals chair-to-the-head.gif

Brazil.

You know the team with actual hard working midfielders who dont jog around while looking at the linesmen when they lose the ball.

Nah Germans are better - they always get to the Semis or Finals - most consistent national team around in my opinion

As much as I should hate them - I often can't - unless they are beating us :)

Brazil.

You know the team with actual hard working midfielders who dont jog around while looking at the linesmen when they lose the ball.

Ah yeah them, and not the team who's two times European Champion in a roll And a World Champion at the moment! Don't make me laugh! But Anyway MATA!

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 25s

According to Sky Italia, Chelsea is close to signing Mohamed Salah! New offer to Basel: €15M + bonus. #CFC #LFC (via @GugliCannavale)

now i feel really relaxed about this. salah, what a player, my god :)

Mata is a great player but let's not exaggerate here. He is not the best 10 in the world. Not even close. In fact, Oscar has been doing a pretty good job replacing him.

Who was the best #10 in the world last season? Mata had more goals and assists than anyone in Europe apart from Messi and Ronaldo. He had more goals and assists just for Chelsea than Ozil had for club and country - and Ozil had Ronaldo and co finishing off his chances! Oscar is doing a good job because (a) Oscar is a terrific #10 himself, though not as good as Mata of course, ( B) has a season in the PL under his belt, and ( B) we have a better manager who is bringing the best out of him. It's laughable that you think Mata wasn't even close to being the best #10 in the world.

What I don't get is they have Kagawa, a quality player but sitting on the bench. Yet Moyes buys another attacking mid? And Rooney plays in that position too? Either Moyes is clueless and buying on a whim (they need solid midfielders like Matic) or it's all some grand master plan. Hope utd rot in 7th for the rest of their days.