Juan Mata

Severinb

I think the media is very keen for united to make a big signing. That is why they are jumping on the band wagon for any potential transfer and exaggerating it just like they did with Dante yesterday. That said, I don't think that all of these rumors are completely made up. There must some truth to the united interest in Juan and our interest in selling him.

Inclined to agree with that but on the other hand, hardly anyone is talking about the negativity surrounding their Sunday's loss anymore...

Inclined to agree with that but on the other hand, hardly anyone is talking about the negativity surrounding their Sunday's loss anymore...

There was never going to be a fuss about that. No one was expecting them to get anything from the game to begin with.

no. but what did iceboy do here? criminal?

Haha No. I just thought it was weird that you are iceman and he is iceboy. Never mind, it was just a bad joke :P

The signs were on the wall some of us just didn't pay enough attention or didn't want to believe it

first sign was the treatment of sahin, another technically excellent DLP, cut from the same cloth as mata, who "didn't fit the jose system" (This fiasco has made me hate the word "system" so much) and ostracized as a result coupled with the mata Rooney swap rumours in the summer.

Mata was never in Jose's plans to begin with.

It's not 4 players for 3 positions. Ramires will play some attacking midfield for sure now that Matic is here. It would have happened anyway. Also, Mourinho often makes a second striker play out wide when we are behind which means that Eto'o, Ba, and Torres take some of the time from attacking midfielders as well.

Great, more Ramires or a shit striker out wide. It's 4 attacking midfielders for a team that plays with 3.

Mata's useful to have, without him the squad lacks creativity- only Hazard and to a lesser extent Oscar provide this. We need someone to challenge Willian and Oscar, to help us break down teams. I do understand Mourinho's stance on Mata, but selling him to United, is beyond stupid whichever way you look at it, especially since they've been cunts over Rooney. The only way we should let him go is if someone of equal or greater ability is coming in, if we brought in Reus and sold Mata to PSG that would be smart

Jose came, Jose wants to remodel Chelsea into his team. Look what Jose has done with Hazard. The kid plays his best football under Jose. Oscar & William too. Brought Matic in at great expense, I feel. The team may not win the PL or the CL in this season, but certainly under Jose´s guidance the team is better than last year. Sentiments aside, the team comes first.

If he goes, alongside KDB, that leaves us 4 players for 3 positions. It will reinvigorate our rivals, we don't need the money and I don't see how he fits at all, he won't play no10 at all there and he is much worse on the wing as has been proven here under numerous managers. He's even less suited to playing on the wings in the 442 they play.

Add the fact he's one of our best players, good attitude, very popular and successful here; I'd hope Mourinho would be smart enough not to sell him to another PL team

It's not 4 players for 3 positions. Ramires will play some attacking midfield for sure now that Matic is here. It would have happened anyway. Also, Mourinho often makes a second striker play out wide when we are behind which means that Eto'o, Ba, and Torres take some of the time from attacking midfielders as well.

To be honest we don`t want to see Ramires playing on the wing anymore.His technical limitation shines there trough even more.

Giving Mata to anybody at the moment without buying a back-up would be risking our season big time. We have a shit-load of games coming up and Oscar can't play them all. I have no doubt Mata is going nowhere and most of the gossip is coming from the manure-loving press and journo's trying to stir shit among the club and supporters. People on here forget how powerful the press can be in causing drama. The summer transfer had Rooney already at Cobham and training with the first team, when in actual fact, he did not release a single quote about wanting to leave. Jose used the press to rile up United and cause havoc, and look what happened.

Take these press reports very lightly. Until i see Mata ommited from the first team all together, then I'll worry.