Juan Mata

Severinb

This won't happen.

We had our revenge on tottenham for the modric troll and stole willian from them.

We want to troll Manutd like they did to us with rooney, and they'll end up not buying anyone this window hoping for mata.

lets hope that is our plan.

no, that was January, 3 years ago.

no dude. torres was a MISTAKE. but an honest one. the intention was still to improve our squad by having strikers like DD, FT, anelka.

but this deal is a BLUNDER. that too knowingly. i simply cant understand how selling mata improves our squad. this move is plain stupid.

This prospect sickens me so much. We don't need the money, hes not a troublemaker, he's on ridiculousley low wages etc. (More reasons on my post on pg 311 below):

But to show it's not sentimant speaking Martin Samuel emphasises some similair points very eloquently:

• Whatever Mata (could)achieves in a red shirt this season, he is the poster boy for optimism. Last week, Moyes was the man who couldn’t persuade Leighton Baines to leave Everton — now he is the manager who signed Mata. Why have (would) Chelsea afforded him this fortunate break?
  • It is the same with Mata. Had this transfer window passed without major recruitment at Manchester United, and the club had then failed to qualify for the Champions League, how much harder would it have been to rejuvenate the squad in the summer?
  • Creative players with Mata’s gift are rare. United would find it hard to rebuild in such a competitive market, yet with Adnan Januzaj on one side, Mata on the other and Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie fit again, a far more substantial team begins to take shape.
  • United have been crying out for a player of Mata’s substance. All the more reason not to sell him, then. It will be cast as a bold move, a brave move, and proof that United are no longer seen as a Premier League force by Mourinho — but in selling Mata, the Happy One may just have woken up a little too chipper for his own good.

For all these reasons and more, if this transfer happens it will quite simply be one of the worst transfers Chelsea have ever made. I want to witness the decadance of United (will probably never happen) not the nightmarish possibility of Chelsea given birth to a United revival however minor that may be.

I understand why many don't want him to go to Man Utd but it's the only club who would pay this much for him. PSG could but seems not that interested. Man City Real Barcelona Bayern doesn't have a need for a player like him.

Come on boys. We will not stop the sale now. If Jose approves it, it´ll be good for Mata. To have a disgruntled player around it´s not good for the moral of the club, not fair to him & Chelsea gets a lot of money here.

As for Manures, there are no longer a threat to the PL title, even with him on.

Come on boys. We will not stop the sale now. If Jose approves it, it´ll be good for Mata. To have a disgruntled player around it´s not good for the moral of the club, not fair to him & Chelsea gets a lot of money here.

This season perhaps so but doubt he would be signed on a 6 month deal. He'll be at United for years to come and try telling me United won't be a threat next season, especially if they get more quality players in. Selling to United just doesn't make sense to me. Can't even compare to the other deals we've done with direct rivals (Benayoun -> Arsenal loan, Cole, Sturridge, Borini -> Liverpool and so on, Mata is a world class player, World Cup and European Championship winner. He is literally a game changer) Money or not, I'd rather loan him to Atletico Madrid and see what can be done in the summer.

tell me why would we sell them Mata, when they clearly don't want to sell us Rooney? why on earth would we even consider selling him to a premier league club? its not like the mancs are the only club interested.. if we have to sell one of our best, it should be outside the league, period. This is a very elementary concept, can't believe its even an option :doh:

This season perhaps so but doubt he would be signed on 6 months deal. He'll be at United for years to come and try telling me United won't be a threat next season, especially if they get more quality players in. Selling to United just doesn't make sense to me. Can't even compare to the other deals we've done with direct rivals (Benayoun -> Arsenal loan, Cole, Sturridge, Borini -> Liverpool and so on, Mata is world class player, World Cup and European Championship winner. He is literally a game changer) Money or not, I'd rather loan him to Atletico Madrid and see what can be done in the summer.

Since I or you do not have any say in this matter, then what´s the point of saying this or that ?

As for Manures of next year. We all know, they are not a team without any money. They will buy players in the summer to strengthen their team.

As for Mata being a game changer, well he is a great player, but not a game changer, in my view. Jose was not willing to build Chelsea around him. Therefore, the team is willing to accept 40m. Even though, I am sad to see him go, but it´s a great business, I feel.

tell me why would we sell them Mata, when they clearly don't want to sell us Rooney? why on earth would we even consider selling him to a premier league club? its not like the mancs are the only club interested.. if we have to sell one of our best, it should be outside the league, period. This is a very elementary concept, can't believe its even an option :doh:

Manures offered the most...?

when did money become the only factor here? come one dude, we're talking about CFC

Money is always a factor. KDB bought for 6.3, sold for 17m, Mata bought for 25, sold for 40m....it´s called FFP, just around the corner.

Most likely, Chelsea needs to lower their deficit to buy more players in the summer.

As I posted, no matter whether we like it, disagree with the sale, the deal if it goes through is a lot of money to reject for a player who sits around.

Since I or you do not have any say in this matter, then what´s the point of saying this or that ?

As for Manures of next year. We all know, they are not a team without any money. They will buy players in the summer to strengthen their team.

As for Mata being a game changer, well he is a great player, but not a game changer, in my view. Jose was not willing to build Chelsea around him. Therefore, the team is willing to accept 40m. Even though, I am sad to see him go, but it´s a great business, I feel.

We might not have any say in this matter but isn't this whole forum concept built on opinion and all of us sharing our views on Chelsea related matters?

They might strengthen in the summer, of course, but seems odd that we would sell them Mata, twice player of the year for us, in January. I'd rather keep Mata at all costs and think long term in the summer with proper replacements and so on. I'd love to see United drop out of top four, crippling them in the transfer market to some extent also in the summer window, which again benefits US next season.

Can't deny Mata was the game changer for us last year, so influential and and at some point of the season we couldn't create any chances without him being a major part in it. Jose won't build around Mata because he isn't exactly his type of player, which is understandable. Doesn't mean we should sell to United, even if its 40 million. Money never been a problem, only way I'd take this deal is if we get Rooney. That's it.

Apologies but that was a bluff. But can you imagine the disturbing sight of Mata in a ManU scum shirt..

Bds_Ud_QIIEAA8w_ZL.jpg

This cannot happen. 'Mata' could be the 'Gem' they need aka 'Cantona' to revive their team. No Way..

KTBFFH!!!

Hypothetical hat on...

37M for Mata

17M for De Bruyne

Total 54M give or take....

I'd be more worried about how dangerous we will be with 54M than selling Mata.

All right Special, finally someone makes sense here. :dance:

Still I would add a few millions on that Mata sales.

Money is always a factor. KDB bought for 6.3, sold for 17m, Mata bought for 25, sold for 40m....it´s called FFP, just around the corner.

Most likely, Chelsea needs to lower their deficit to buy more players in the summer.

As I posted, no matter whether we like it, disagree with the sale, the deal if it goes through is a lot of money to reject for a player who sits around.

You're talking as if selling players is the only way to balance the books. Wrong, big money is made behind the scenes with sponsorship deals, merchandise (mind you, in that Mata plays a big role with his well known name) and so on. Chelsea aren't a selling club and never will be. The argument of us selling in order to balance the book so we could buy a striker or any other player is just wrong. Might add up to clubs like Atletico and Porto but not us.

He might sit around now, true. But what if Oscar / Hazard / Willian get injured? What then, Schürrle can't replace them all and I rate Mata alot higher than Schürrle.